• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Mitsubishi Outlander (2007/2008) Users..?

yasas_bandara

Hi, can anybody shed some light on the following regarding Mitsubishi Outlander (2007/2008)..?

1. Fuel consumption.
  2. If we were to use the ‘FWD mode only’, will it have better fuel consumption figures when compared with a 4WD vehicle like Honda CRV?

That is, (2007/2008 Outlander + CVT gearbox + FWD mode) Vs. (CRV 2007/2008 RU4 + 5 gear auto)

1. Reading the reviews, a common complaint was ‘poor insulation leading to above-average noise level’ when doors are closed.
  2. The quality of the material used in the interior. Some reviews say the plastics are cheap looking. Also, can the white/cream coloured interior get significantly dirty over time?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Not a common car in SL hence the lack of response.

But in general FWD only version will be more fuel efficient than a AWD version (unless its part time 4WD through electronic actuators)

White interior obviously gets dirtier than dark interior irrespective of the country and material. I have a 7 year old car with cream interior which probably needs new carpets now! If you are buying in SL opt for dark interior.

Thank you very much for the kind response.

Outlander has a selectable 4wd mode. In 2wd-mode, the rear wheels are not used at all. In 4wd-Auto mode, it acts like a common 4wd. In locked mode, energy is divided to the 4 wheels equally.

So, if you were to use 2wd-mode only, fuel efficiency would be better than a AWD vehicle with an equal weight.

No idea about the Outlander but in the X-Trail (N30 and 31 serie) I have been told (fellow car buddies who own them) that in strictly 2wd mode the fuel consumption is a bit better (not by much barely by about 1kmpl) as opposed to the Auto mode (the speculation is that the car still runs in 2wd mode most of the time even in Auto mode). Lock mode is usually used only off roads. However, it is not as good as the complete 2wd variant(which by the way,let it be the XTrail,RAV4 or CR-V, is not that much better than its 4wd variants and I believe the fuel savings are mostly due to weight savings)

Sorry none of my car buddies have Outlanders. In fact the only person I know who has one is an old couple)

Edited by iRage

• 4 years later...