• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Transmission Sings Her Swan Song.

luckey007

Question

My CE110 now eighteen years old, started to give vibrations when demand high power and some times give a lag to pick up when put to "D" position.My mechanic says this might due to worn and old transmission. And he suggested to add a blend of AT oil and 20W-40 oil as a final resort. But he further suggested me to drive till AT works fine and then try it .

So dear experts, Did you experience or even heard this type of thing and will it work for me?

And further he told that some imported used jap machinery found to have mixed oil.Do you know anything like that?

Thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

Are you sure that the above symptoms are due to an issue with the AT box alone? Was your throttle position sensor (TPS) tested OK and ruled out?

It is Diesel bro. And I am not sure and my mechanic told me. And the engine overhauled 17000km back and the mileage is 217000+.Can it be due to worn inside CV joints.These are barrel type. But no sounds or vibration during turning.

There are a couple of chaps, who can repair these auto transmissions and yours being very common will be a relatively simple job.

Search the site for Nilwala, they are based in Madiwela. Quite a few members have had positive feedback.

Don't mix oil or anything of the sort. Might make the issue worse and leave deposits inside the transmission.

There are a couple of chaps, who can repair these auto transmissions and yours being very common will be a relatively simple job.

Search the site for Nilwala, they are based in Madiwela. Quite a few members have had positive feedback.

Don't mix oil or anything of the sort. Might make the issue worse and leave deposits inside the transmission.

Thanks, And any member knows good joint near Kandy or Kurunegala?

It is Diesel bro. And I am not sure and my mechanic told me. And the engine overhauled 17000km back and the mileage is 217000+.Can it be due to worn inside CV joints.These are barrel type. But no sounds or vibration during turning.

Oops! My bad. I had something else in mind!! :speechless-smiley-004: