• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tesla Model S In Sri Lanka :)

Nishan.dj

Not to mention Faraday Future (another startup company) is starting shop at Nevada with a $ 1 billion dollar factory then rumor has it Apple is also working on a EV car (Elon musk believe apple is in fact working on it).

Okay..so maybe I haven't been keeping myself up to date with EVs at the rate I should be...but why is that every tech giant seems to think that they can build a car ?

Apple would have a rather interesting line up of names though

iCar

iCar Touch

iCar Air

iCar Nano

I feel more towards a Apple MacCar range though...

Okay..so maybe I haven't been keeping myself up to date with EVs at the rate I should be...but why is that every tech giant seems to think that they can build a car ?

iCar

iCar Touch

iCar Air

iCar Nano

Not to mention the fact that it probably will only charge with an apple charger, can only be serviced by Apple, spare parts will be so expensive that it would be cheaper to buy a new car, the list will go on and on......

FWIW, I would buy an Indian built electric car. The REVA/G-WIZ gained partial traction in europe, and I've seen at least 4 different cars on the roads in the past 10 or so years. There's a new REVA made by Mahindra, but that is absolutely positively fugly. An electric Nano though, that is indeed something worth considering. The new ICE powered Nanos have power steering and an opening hatch (!!!) which makes it alright in my books for driving around town in.

iCar

iCar Touch

iCar Air

iCar Nano

Ha ha this is funny, but in a serious note apple is working on it. Here's the interview listen to 1:08 mark,

All things aside what I like about tesla is that they dont seem to have model year option limitation. If the hardware is there they give all the features. But other companies dont do it. For example my 2015 C class driver assistance features and 2016 driver assistance package features are different. But both cars have the same hardware. Simple software upgrade would give me the access to new features but they dont do it. They want people to buy the 2016 model if they need such features. But Tesla on the other hand dont do that. So I like what they bring to the table. This might change the auto industry in general, as currently its driven by mainly on Softwares. Hopefully, this would put pressure on other brands to do these things. I am fed up of going to a car dealer everytime I wanted to update bunch of softwares sometimes its even as small as navigation maps.

Edited by kchemist

I've heard of Fisker owners with cars in the garage without any support or parts. Wait till the Porsche Mission E comes out to give some healthy competition to the Tesla S. Have you seen the concept? It's a beauty.

I've heard of Fisker owners with cars in the garage without any support or parts. Wait till the Porsche Mission E comes out to give some healthy competition to the Tesla S. Have you seen the concept? It's a beauty.

Nopes, but I did google it after you mentioned it, and yes it is quite stunning! I love the sleek, low profile look to it. If that is what the new Panamera is going to look like as rumored, then wow! Quite an improvement!

However price-wise, I think the new baby S by Tesla may be more inline with most consumer needs and if they can pull it off, I guess that's the car that will become the mainstream EV for Telsa? Not sure how they are going to deal with any extra capacity though, as even now with the S and the X the production numbers are really low...

Edited by Kavvz