• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tesla Model S In Sri Lanka :)

Nishan.dj

Talking about Tesla, I saw the white one two days ago near Durdans Hospital. There was a Black oval shaped sticker pasted on its rear bumper. It had two capital "C"s and wordings similar to "Corporate C-----". Do you guys know anything about it. I've seen lot of high valued cars like Porche,BMW & Benz with that sticker on.

Talking about this one?

post-70101-0-76391000-1424532819_thumb.j

• Like 1

Talking about Tesla, I saw the white one two days ago near Durdans Hospital. There was a Black oval shaped sticker pasted on its rear bumper. It had two capital "C"s and wordings similar to "Corporate C-----". Do you guys know anything about it. I've seen lot of high valued cars like Porche,BMW & Benz with that sticker on.

Cosular Corps ... I assume it's owned by an embassy ?

Talking about this one?

That's a second (or third) Tesla isn't it? Ashroff brought down his car around mid October last year and I'm not sure if CAE number was possible at that point.

I could be wrong.

That's a second (or third) Tesla isn't it? Ashroff brought down his car around mid October last year and I'm not sure if CAE number was possible at that point.

I could be wrong.

Yeah probably the third. This is actually Ashroff's (Brandix group CEO's) car.

Edited by Goro

• 7 months later...

Tesla To Manufacture Model 3 Vehicle In China [REPORT]

It is a good news [http://www.techbohay.com/tesla-to-manufacture-model-3-vehicle-in-china-report-70319/2]

but the battery capacity is reduced to cater for the lower price range. Theoretically 200Km per charge and it may be 120Km - 150km here in SL? I guess so.. So in that case, better to go for a leaf isn't it?

(Sorry for updating an older post)

• 2 months later...

I am very interested in bringing down a tesla model S to Sri Lanka. I think there are few in Sri Lanka already. My major concern is lack of support. As this is a new car company and new car this car bound to have some problems (Simple search I found screen stopped working in consumer report car etc etc) so do you guys think there are places to do such repairs if it arises.

I talked with tesla motors and they told me once it leaves the shores of the country of purchase warranty would no longer valid. They told me if I want a right hand car they are happy to order it from UK site but I will be voiding the warranty. But in SL major concern is the places to do any repairs. Please if you do know a place that do repairs for Teslas please let me know.

What do people who sell Teslas here say about this ? I would say go to the high-end car sales. I know B***rian Motors has a few right now.

Can you spell out the name in full, Currently I m not living in SL and I m not familiar with names. If you cant spell out can you inbox me the name

Also to make matters worse Tesla is implementing a new car buying experience. In which they don't believe in traditional dealerships and agents. They are a company which believes in direct to consumer approach. So no dealerships. Teslas are usually sold in shopping malls. You directly order the car online, and they deliver it to your door step. Its like buying a computer (only expensive). So for them to launch in SL, they must themselves decide to open shop in SL. No businessmen in SL cant become a Tesla agent. In a way, this is good because in SL this will reduce the stupid agent fee or local charge in buying a car. But the disadvantage is, it would be very late in the game if and when Tesla decides to start shop in SL. If we had 5% Tax rate, Tesla would be a very practical car in SL. 432 km range can take you anywhere in SL. The $60-70k price tag would be around 10 mil (its expensive side) but with Model 3 coming in it would have been a car to replace most hybrids in SL.

Why? As in what makes it so desirable?

Seriously? I drive a proper baby seal killing gas guzzler, but even I admit the Model S is nothing short of amazing.

Biggest advantage is a S-Class (sort of) sized full size car for 5% import duty.

It is a beautiful car, spec it up properly and you have nearly 500km of range, if you get the high performance version, you can put it into "Insane Mode" (Because Sports Mode is just so 20th century) which means 0-60mph in 2.8 seconds, That's Veyron territory.

Also it can drive itself (Doubt it'll work here in Sri Lanka). Its autonomous mode was so good that they had to reduce functionality because people were not paying attention while "driving".

All this for about 12-13 mil makes it a bargain, only if you are willing to take the risk of an unproven/unsupported product in Sri Lanka. If i'm in the market for a car in that price range, I know I would.

• Like 1