• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tesla Model S In Sri Lanka :)

Nishan.dj

wow,what an acceleration for a big car.

and way better fuel "performance" than the Prias and Aquas and Weasels and what not...

with a 426 km range,it could reach anywhere in Sri lanka unlike the Nissan Leaves.

wonder what it cost the lucky driver..althouth bease price is high, probably tax is very low?

Edited by RViji

I think the quoted range won't be achievable, when you consider the additional pressures on the cooling system in a hot climate. But thanks to the tax system, it must be relatively cheap.

No wonder the guy in above clip is driving with the front window open. Daytime climate in Maradana must be quite pleasant not to mention the smell of fresh air!

Edited by Rumesh88

Could you share the tax table? Does it comes that cheap?

Full electrics are on the lowes tax band when it comes to passenger cars. Sadly I do not have the numbers to hand, sorry....

Its about £70,000 over here, and is made for RHD markets as well.

The only thing to worry about is the battery..............

So who is the authorized dealer for sales - servicing - repairs?

Dunno if there are authorised dealers. But a company called EV Lanka was marketing them. Do not know how well they can support these cars.

Remember some agents who imported cars quickly disappeared after. The agents for Fiat/ Alfa Romeo comes to mind :( not forgetting Citroen, Skoda etc.....

Dunno if there are authorised dealers. But a company called EV Lanka was marketing them. Do not know how well they can support these cars.

Remember some agents who imported cars quickly disappeared after. The agents for Fiat/ Alfa Romeo comes to mind :( not forgetting Citroen, Skoda etc.....

Checked Tesla website, couldn't find an authorized dealer for Sri Lanka.

Tesla is good, but surely isn't the best in Lanka when new Porsche Panemera E-Hybrid which has over 415bhp and currently available ex-stock.

You're missing the point, the Tesla is not a Hybrid, its a pure electric car so it can't be compared to the Panamera.

• 4 months later...

Talking about Tesla, I saw the white one two days ago near Durdans Hospital. There was a Black oval shaped sticker pasted on its rear bumper. It had two capital "C"s and wordings similar to "Corporate C-----". Do you guys know anything about it. I've seen lot of high valued cars like Porche,BMW & Benz with that sticker on.

Talking about Tesla, I saw the white one two days ago near Durdans Hospital. There was a Black oval shaped sticker pasted on its rear bumper. It had two capital "C"s and wordings similar to "Corporate C-----". Do you guys know anything about it. I've seen lot of high valued cars like Porche,BMW & Benz with that sticker on.

Consular Corps,I guess?

Yep CC is for Consular Corps

Corporate Cops... they are the senior managers in companies... :)

• Like 1