• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

KingSasanka

Hello Everyone,

Presently I have a Nissan AD Wagon (YoM is 1999 but registered here in 2001).

I am contemplating of an upgrade and what should I go for is my question.

(My budget is around 3 million and expected lots of driving on the E 01 between Colombo - Matara soon).

Following I am interested and experts to comment please;

1 - Toyota Avanza,

2 - Mazda Demio,

3 - Toyota Aqua,

4 - Nissan Navara.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by KingSasanka

Avanza, Aqua, Demio Navara. What kind of requirment is that O.o

One is a 7 seater people carrier, One is a basically a truck and one is a hybrid and the other is a normal hatchback

Since you dont have any fixed Type of vehicle and you you mostly travel on the highway. Just go for a Fit or a Aqua

• Like 1

Thanks.

(We have a small farm in Matara and I was thinking of transporting a few products (Pepper / Cinnamon etc) to Colombo for sale in our vehicle to bypass the middleman and that was why trucks / people carrier too were included in my list).

Edited by KingSasanka

I wish if the Aqua (or even Fit) has the fold-able back seat option like my present beauty. :speechless-smiley-006:

(Thanks for your light hearted input and happy for being portrayed as RICH).

Edited by KingSasanka

I wish if the Aqua (or even Fit) has the fold-able back seat option like my present beauty. :speechless-smiley-006:

(Thanks for your light hearted input and happy for being portrayed as RICH).

You mean like this ..

seat_img_mode01.jpg?h=230&w=515

or this..

seat_img_mode02.jpg?h=230&w=515

not sure..but I believe in the Fit;when the rear seats are folded down the cargo area has a much flatter floor than that (Aqua)

Edited by iRage
  • Like 2

The thing is the AD wagon (just like the much loved KE72, etc...) are actually classified as vans and are intended for commercial use (i.e.hauling cargo + passengers). Thus, the suspension, gearing, etc is setup to favor that kind of usage. The likes of the Aqua are intended to be used for passenger transport and is configured to provide comfort and economical driving. So using something like an Aqua for transporting goods might be too harsh usage for it and not to mention really sucky to drive..

Not sure on what would actually fit your budget (in SL) but maybe someone can advise you on possibilities for vans like the SUCCEED/PROBOX or even a LiteAce/TownAce/Delica, etc...

• Like 1

Give or take a few thousand, my budget is 3 Million.

I have no intention of hacking the vehicle and hauling will be in small quantities (if any) only.

Comfort and fuel consumption are my main concerns.

Thanks again.

Aha...so you are just planning to take the occasional gunny sack of something or the other ? Anything more than that the car is going to be really sucky to drive and you are probably going to be running on the petrol engine almost all the time.

• Like 1