• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Choosing Headlight Bulbs

Ek3 Ferio

Question

Hi,

I own a Honda Civic Ek3 96 car. I'm thinking of replacing its stock headlight bulbs with Phillips X-treame Vision bulbs. It is a halogen bulb which designed in a way to produce 100% brighter light than normal stock halogen bulb. (It says so and awarded as the best bulb)

However, I'm not sure which bulb type to chose from. Since I'm planning to get it down from ebay I need to clarify if the below H4 bulb is clearly fit to my car. As per my knowledge H4 bulb should fit to civic 96 and in the H4 it comes both low and high beam filaments.

Please help me on this regard.

This is the ebay link I'm referring to;

Thanks in advanced.

Edited by Ek3 Ferio

7 answers to this question

It is H4

Thanks Schiffer.

I just saw that there is an 20% off offer on powerbulbs.com and they have Philips X-treme Vision +130% bulbs for 33GBP. So with the discount I can get them for the same price on ebay. I thought of ordering from them.

However, do I need to pay any extra tax for these pair of bulbs?

Thanks,

Customs seem to be quite strict on small items since of late. If the package is small, they tend to usually pass it without much hassle. Bigger packages attract more attention and I've not come across a logical way to predict how the customs would act on packages from eBay or any other vendor.

As for me, I had to pay some taxes for a camber kit I got down from eBay. However a much larger package containing a couple of switches and interior trim was passed along just fine. Probably they just consider the weight of the package, with heavier packages undergoing more scrutiny than lighter ones.

Anyhow, only order stuff from well reputed vendors. I personally prefer eBay since their guarantee is spot on. Plus, their dispute resolution process tend to err on the buyer's side.

As for taxes, just brace yourself. It might come through just fine. But in any case, have a cash buffer of about 40% of the value of the item you buy. You have to pay the taxes then and there if your package is retained at the Central Postal Exchange.

Thanks Sierra. I checked with powerbulbs.com and they said package weight is lesser than 0.5kg and size is 6x4x4. So according to your experience what do you think? Do I have to pay taxes?

I guess the powerbulbs.com is a well known vendor in UK. And I can pay via PayPal too. Ebay price of this item is £28.45 but with the 20% off I can get it from this vendor for £26.xx. And they give 12 months warrenty and they pay return cost if the item failed due to a mistake of them or manufacturing defects.

Will see how it goes. Anyway if anyone of you have ordered bulbs from powerbulbs.com before please let me know you experience as well.

Thanks.

Edited by Ek3 Ferio

What about this W value. My car is a Mazda familia BJ5P 1999. I checked the current bulbs and they are 'Philips H4 12V'. No W value mentioned on the bulb. Will any harm come in case of different W value? ( Higher watt produce higher heat may be ) . Some one told me to install a relay and go for higher watt bulb kit. Does that mean normal voltage is not enough for a bulb of higher watt

What about this W value. My car is a Mazda familia BJ5P 1999. I checked the current bulbs and they are 'Philips H4 12V'. No W value mentioned on the bulb. Will any harm come in case of different W value? ( Higher watt produce higher heat may be ) . Some one told me to install a relay and go for higher watt bulb kit. Does that mean normal voltage is not enough for a bulb of higher watt

Its 55/60 W for the BJ. dont use 100w, it will damage your reflectors cause of the heat.

• Like 2

try Philips X-treme Vision , i had same issue, my reflectors old need to replace, Philips X-treme Vision cost me Rs.4400 for both in SL and rectified 70%