• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Aqua Strange Problem

upaliamah

Question

Hello Dear freinds

My aqua 2013 having strange problem. when I off the engine it offs.but somtimes its automatically on the display again after few seconds.but not the ready mode.in this occacion can off the display by pressing start button.if I press start button with brake pedal it goes to ready mode.but ac temperature display goes to 25C,clock 1.00,avarage fuel consumption 0.00,average speed 0.00km/h only trip counters remaining previous values.

When the service(done by Toyota lanka) I have got vehicle diagnostic report.according to the report DTC B1412 recorded and cleared previously.also its not display outside temperature from the day i brought the vehicle.

please share your comments.is this normal or having a problem with car ? this happened three or four times only.can I ignore the thing or have to show vehicle to technical knowledgeble person ?

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

I dont own and Aqua so this is just a wild guess. Have you checked the 12v battery terminals? Are they loose ? Do they need cleaning? Im just guessing here since you mentioned the gauges getting reset when this happens.

Edited by ramishkad

Wait...TL just cleared the error code ? Did a simple Google search and that DTC # apparently has to do with the Ambient Tempreture Sensor and the RAV4 WS Manual indicates it as "Open or short in ambient temperature sensor circuit".(probably the reason why your temperature sensor didn't work from day 1) So instead of just resetting the error codes I hope they did some checking of the sensors/circuits, etc...and fixed it if needed.

Like Ramishkakid said the meters getting reset in normal cars is indicative of electrical issues like the battery dying (or a myriad of other things that can cause these meters/gauges/devices to lose power) .

Maybe you should get it checked out ...
  • Like 1

thanks iRage and Ramishkad

i have checked 12v battery terminals its ok.

When I first time serviced the car T/L given a diagnostic report.according to that they said DTC code cleared by previously.not from T/L may be in japan as report says car has done 729 km after reset the code.

I think it's better if you start by figuring our what's wrong with temperature sensor. It's behind the front bumper at the bottom right corner of the condensor. If its not there locate the two wires that connect to it that come from under the front headlight. Make sure it's not touching anything. If its faulty replace it. It's not that expensive and might be cheaper brand new. Missing temp sensor could mean the car was in an accident and this area was damaged. This is one of the overlooked parts when repairing cars. Anyway lets not assume the worst and see what we can do for the time being.

I think it's better if you start by figuring our what's wrong with temperature sensor. It's behind the front bumper at the bottom right corner of the condensor. If its not there locate the two wires that connect to it that come from under the front headlight. Make sure it's not touching anything. If its faulty replace it. It's not that expensive and might be cheaper brand new. Missing temp sensor could mean the car was in an accident and this area was damaged. This is one of the overlooked parts when repairing cars. Anyway lets not assume the worst and see what we can do for the time being

thanks for the reply.

I have checked the place you have mentioned.I could not found two wire connector or sensor there,but I found 4 wire connector under the left head light without connectiing any device.

Usually it's two wires that connect the temp sensor for its just a resistor. Are they in pairs or is it just a bundle? Also do they have sockets on them? I'm assuming two of them are for a fog lamp or a horn. Anyway tape them up and tuck them in a secure place if they are exposed. Can't really expect this to solve the problem. We could check the start button next.

Usually it's two wires that connect the temp sensor for its just a resistor. Are they in pairs or is it just a bundle? Also do they have sockets on them? I'm assuming two of them are for a fog lamp or a horn. Anyway tape them up and tuck them in a secure place if they are exposed. Can't really expect this to solve the problem. We could check the start button next.

Jadey, maybe the temp sensor wires are hidden somewhere else. The same happened to me when the AC guys replaced the condensor. They diconnected the temp sensor and never reconnected it again. It took me a while to locate both, and they were as two pieces, thankfully hadn't fallen off the car because of cable ties.

Perhaps somebody with an Aqua can supply a pic?

Connector was 4 wire bundle (red,blue,yellow,black with yellow stripes)

Thanks for the link JADEYBlLITSON one sensor there as you mentioned sorry for my neglegance.I will check it.but its not easy to reach that place as I have to remove the front bumper I will check it on next sunday.

I have removed all the fuses in fuse boxes (one by one)and cleaned with contact cleaner (CN20) both fuse and every contacts in fuse boxes.After that I have done more than 700Km within 3 days but problem (auto reset and display on automatically) not came so far.

1 hour ago, Aravinda Weerasekara. said:

Some times when battery changing  to fuel it gives a big noise. Why is that ?

1. Newly experienced ?

2. Occasionally or most of the time?

3. Is it jerky or just a noise?

4. Any relation with the time of the day or duration of the journey?