• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Axio Hybrid Vs Toyota Prius Hybrid

sfernando

for 1. and 3. please use the "search" button.

2.is an interesting point still in development,no one knows if someone is willing to buy a old hybrid with a weak battery that probably needs to be replaced at high cost eventually.

since 4. is least important to you,I think you are right about the decision to go for a Hybrid.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/16278-hybrid-vs-non-hybrid/page-3

it seems With the Prius you get max power output of 100KW only for 3minutes,afterwards battery will be empty....

Edited by RViji

Hi, thanks for the reply. But actually i am interested to know the comparison about both axio and pirus. which one will have a higher resale value and in terms of value for money.

You stupid dumba$$... do you think people here are saasthara kaarayo to tell you about resale value of something in the future???? If you want value for money, buy this one: http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=165084 now that's true value for money...

bloody retarded toyota buyers!

• Like 4

You stupid dumba$$... do you think people here are saasthara kaarayo to tell you about resale value of something in the future???? If you want value for money, buy this one: http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=165084 now that's true value for money...

I think they want a car which runs without any fuel or maintenance cost and still sell it for double the price they bought it after a hundred years.

when will they understand that a car is no longer an investment in Sri Lanka and the only way to be happy with it is to choose the one you like within the budget.

Edited by RViji
  • Like 1

It seems like Crosswind finally decided to sell his Fiat. :sport-smiley-004:

I sold my Fiat in 2012

... and just FYI, I bought it in 2011 and used it for 1 year. When I sold it, I did it for 175,000 more than what I paid for it. ... and while I used it, it gave me 14 in Colombo and everytime I did a Colombo-Kandy run, it gave me between 20-21/litre. Now go get yourself a heart attack, hybrid owner.

• Like 1

I think they want a car which runs without any fuel or maintenance cost and still sell it for double the price they bought it after a hundred years.

when will they understand that a car is no longer an investment in Sri Lanka and the only way to be happy with it is to choose the one you like within the budget.

This is very true.

Regarding the question 4.

I've driven Prius and Insight in the Eco mode, uuurrrggghhhhh :speechless-smiley-004::speechless-smiley-004: ( my poor starlet has more pick up than that ). But owners claimed that this is not the situation if you are in the so-called Power mode. but you wouldn't sail in that mode if you really concern the fuel economy.

If I suggest something, buy an Allion or Axio (non-hybrid version). Im sure you can find one (little old) few hundred thousand lesser than the new Prius and Axio Hybrid.

• Like 2

This is very true.

Regarding the question 4.

I've driven Prius and Insight in the Eco mode, uuurrrggghhhhh :speechless-smiley-004::speechless-smiley-004: ( my poor starlet has more pick up than that ). But owners claimed that this is not the situation if you are in the so-called Power mode. but you wouldn't sail in that mode if you really concern the fuel economy.

yes and then they go on about "regenerative braking",which gives only about 5% increase of fuel efficiency because most of the acceleration energy is already lost in in friction and wind drag and that cannot be recovered by brakes.

But Direct injection gives about 15%,and Idle-stop about 5% increase of fuel efficiency already compared to hybrids.

http://www.bosch-presse.de/presseforum/details.htm?txtID=6725&locale=en

I sold my Fiat in 2012

everytime I did a Colombo-Kandy run, it gave me between 20-21/litre. Now go get yourself a heart attack, hybrid owner.

20-21/litre is impressive,is it a turbocharged Direct injection engine?

yes and then they go on about "regenerative braking",which gives only about 5% increase of fuel efficiency because most of the acceleration energy is already lost in in friction and wind drag and that cannot be recovered by brakes.

But Direct injection gives about 15%,and Idle-stop about 5% increase of fuel efficiency already compared to hybrids.

http://www.bosch-presse.de/presseforum/details.htm?txtID=6725&locale=en

20-21/litre is impressive,is it a turbocharged Direct injection engine?

No turbos, just an 8v VVT MPFI engine + proper driving. Fiat's FIRE engines are known for frugal fuel consumption. And I measured fuel consumption through pumping full tank and then topping off after driving back and forth. As far as I recall, for the whole 250km, I had to pump about 12-13 ltrs of petrol.

I drove to N Eliya, then to the top of Pidurutalagala and returned to Colombo with just over qtr tank still left in the tank.

Full tank at LAUGFS Havelock and straight up Ramboda through Kandy and return via Kotmale. 2 Adults and luggage. averaged 16+Kms per liter.

Plenty of Matara and back on the highway, with exactly half tank left.

Wife uses a full tank for about 3 weeks with average Colombo running.

Our Punto is a Petrol.

Edited by VVTi