• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying The First Vehicle

Madhawa Habarakada

Hello.

I'm totally new to the forum and also to the automotive world.

I'm searching for a car these days. my budget is around Rs. 17 - 19 millions. This is my 1st vehicle. I don't have much knowledge (actually NIL) on vehicles.

Please assist me for a good car in the stated budget.

I'm thinking of a Toyota. But other brands are OK if the car is good. No for Nissan FB15 and N16.

Not thinking of hatchbacks, thinking that a saloon type suits me.

A car after 2000 will be great as much older models too old. (15 years running and ..... I donno...)

Please assist me.

thanking you in advance.

P.S.: see that Nissan Primera is low price, which is a high end vehicle. what is the reason?

Your budket is about 17-19 lakhs. Not 17-19 million

1 million = 10 lakhs

If Nissan isnt your choice, go for a Toyota. It's your first car and you dont seem very familiar with cars. So buy a Corolla (I think a 110 should be in that price range) get familairized woth it (and cars) and change to a more advanced or fancier car later on.

And vehicles in this price range have been discussed before. Please do a search for more details.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15808-how-to-search-on-autolanka/

• Like 1

Toyota 110

Toyota Carina AT212

Mazda Familia BJ5p

Ford Laser BJ5p (same as above)

Nissan Cefiro A33

Nissan Primera TP12

Peugeot 406 (not recommended for a newbie)

Kia Cerato (2005 Model) - You can get a K-number one and its a nice car to drive. Superb pickup

Mitsubishi Lancer CS1

Proton Gen 2

Toyota Corona AT210

Honda Civic EK3/ES8 - This is what I would recommend for a young newbie.

Suzuki Liana

Search the forum about these cars. You will find enough info.

All the above cars have spare parts in the country. Don't believe those 'badu naha' bullshit. They make more counterfeit spare parts for Toyotas than other cars. Thats the only difference.

Cefiro and Primera does about 6-7km/litre. Gen 2 and 406 will do maximum 8km/litre. Rest should do in the range of 10-11 (even the 110). Don't believe people's claims of these cars doing 14-15 km/litre.

• Like 1

Toyota 110

Toyota Carina AT212

Mazda Familia BJ5p

Ford Laser BJ5p (same as above)

Nissan Cefiro A33

Nissan Primera TP12

Peugeot 406 (not recommended for a newbie)

Kia Cerato (2005 Model) - You can get a K-number one and its a nice car to drive. Superb pickup

Mitsubishi Lancer CS1

Proton Gen 2

Toyota Corona AT210

Honda Civic EK3/ES8 - This is what I would recommend for a young newbie.

Suzuki Liana

Search the forum about these cars. You will find enough info.

All the above cars have spare parts in the country. Don't believe those 'badu naha' bullshit. They make more counterfeit spare parts for Toyotas than other cars. Thats the only difference.

Cefiro and Primera does about 6-7km/litre. Gen 2 and 406 will do maximum 8km/litre. Rest should do in the range of 10-11 (even the 110). Don't believe people's claims of these cars doing 14-15 km/litre.

This is a good list. However ES8 is over the budget. But I saw ES1 goes around 1.9M - 2.1M

Primera - TP12, I think it's a class above N16 or FB15. A friend of mine had it few years back. He had to pump only 95 octane if not engine start givng trouble. Don't know if its something to do with petrol.

Also Mazda BJ5P, a very solid built car. These are going for low price comparing to Similar aged Toyota or a Honda. And chances are you can find a good condition one is higher than a smilar aged Toyota.

• Like 3

This is a good list. However ES8 is over the budget. But I saw ES1 goes around 1.9M - 2.1M

Primera - TP12, I think it's a class above N16 or FB15. A friend of mine had it few years back. He had to pump only 95 octane if not engine start givng trouble. Don't know if its something to do with petrol.

Also Mazda BJ5P, a very solid built car. These are going for low price comparing to Similar aged Toyota or a Honda. And chances are you can find a good condition one is higher than a smilar aged Toyota.

Not any more...

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=159913

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=162687

Within 1.9m, that and BJ5P are far better deals than anything else

• Like 1

As crosswind suggested Honda ES8 would be the best car on that list and a super fun to drive reliable car. A fried had a one and i really loved it. He used to pump 95oct only. Please check on that as well.

And of course (not in the list) is the Lancer CS3 (A biased suggestion as one could say :P ) 2001 - 2003 models are going cheap these days. Unlike Most CS1s, CS3s come as full option cars with ABS & dual air bags & a 1600 CC EFI engine which is efficient as well as powerful.

No matter what ever the car you gonna buy, please keep in mind about the extra buck that you gonna have to pocket out once you buy the car. Insurance, Replacing timing belt (if there are no records of changing it) & other miscellenious expences either cosmetic or mechanical.

And finally the difficult part would be to find a good & reliable mechanic rather than finding spare parts, so as crosswind said above, dont let your judgement cloud on that fact when considering a purchase of a car.

• Like 3

I can surely say that you'll only get to know about vehicles after you buying & using it. And don't listen to the people saying Original paint,No Accidents,Low Milege etc...stuff. Because it's very hard to find a car which is more than 10 years old without happening such thing. Make sure you'll go with reliable BASS to inspect your decided vehicle.Good luck with your 1st car.

Your budket is about 17-19 lakhs. Not 17-19 million

1 million = 10 lakhs

If Nissan isnt your choice, go for a Toyota. It's your first car and you dont seem very familiar with cars. So buy a Corolla (I think a 110 should be in that price range) get familairized woth it (and cars) and change to a more advanced or fancier car later on.

And vehicles in this price range have been discussed before. Please do a search for more details.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15808-how-to-search-on-autolanka/

well said watchman