• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Xenon Light Problem In Toyota Vitz 2007

thusira

Question

Hi,

I have purchased a second hand Toyota vitz (YOM-2007) recently. Like two three weeks back, the following problem occurred in the HID lights which installed as Low beam (only left):

1. When i switch on the low beam the bulb on with yellow and held like 2 mins and auto off. Again turned off and on the low beam via the switch, the result same.

2. So i replace the bulb of left side light and test the same, then bulb on with white and held for like 20 or 30 min and again auto off. (time vary)

This was the factory installed HID kit and i cannot understand where the problem really is,

Bulb,HID system, fuse, switch , etc. i thought of going for an electrician.

please help me some idea before i make that move.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by thusira

5 answers to this question

vitz don't get a factory hid kit. looks like something wrong with the wiring, maybe a relay. since you only have one side why not remove the hid and go for only halogen bulbs? or if you really want why not install hid on the other side too? i am not sure about the cause but i think someone messed up the wiring after maybe one light stop working.

If i want to go back for the halogen lights, what parts could it be affected. cost ?

About Rs. 2500 with Koito bulbs b/new

upto $50 max with premium bulbs like Osram etc

Matter of removing the HID harness and fixing the bulb, DIY