• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Platinum Iridium Fusion Spark Plugs

Y3K

Hi All,

Was just doing a general search and came up across the above mentioned plug set.

So far as per my findings, BOSH produces this for Mitsubishi, Volvo, etc to match the OEM. In fact a search in e-bay list the manufacturer as Mitsubishi, Volvo, etc.

I just sent an email to D*MO SL and one of their representatives got back to me stating that Platinum IR fusion is so far not available in SL but the benefit of using it will be,

1. Increased fuel efficiency (will add 1km to the current efficiency as per the reply I got to be precise)

2. Longer plug life

3. Eliminate start-up misses.

4. Smoother acceleration

(Pretty much everything in BOSCH site: http://www.boschautoparts.com/sparkplugs/pages/platinumirfusion.aspx)

The interesting fact is my initial e-bay search returned me results specifically mentioning that these can only be used for CNG/LPG !!!

My questions are,

1. Any members using this already?

2. If so is this available for petrol vehicles? (IO to be exact :) )

3. Purchase place and cost within SL?

post-48868-0-18485700-1411242631_thumb.j

Is Laser Iridium plug available in SL? (This is something I came up across NGK. The tip is of iridium but the head is of platinum and produces a laser beam instead of an electric spark {according to what I understood} to ignite gasoline and durability is much higher compared to the normal iridium plug)

1. Any place to buy?

2. Contact number of an NGK agent to get more info?

post-48868-0-01531700-1411242640_thumb.j

Thanks,

Machang try motorcade, just get the plug type (there is a number/code on the plug) then match it to what you get on the market. Don't be too keen on the fuel efficiency doesn't make that much of a difference.

I got my Denso Irridium (IK22) for 9500 from motorcade sometime back, not sure on prices now.

Machang try motorcade, just get the plug type (there is a number/code on the plug) then match it to what you get on the market. Don't be too keen on the fuel efficiency doesn't make that much of a difference.

I got my Denso Irridium (IK22) for 9500 from motorcade sometime back, not sure on prices now.

Thanks Gummy :)

I was keen on trying these on, not cause of fuel efficiency but due to it's durability.

I'm using denso at the moment but the mechanics want me to use NGK, that's why I'm being searching around.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...