• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Van Skids When I Hit The Brake Hard

Nissan cdj

1 ) oh your Vanette doesn't skid ? Are you serious ?

2) yeah i have to check breaking in a gravel area btw thnxx for the idea

3) My Tyre type is GT MAXMILLER 165 x 13 8PR and I set all four tires to 32 psi.I have never set it to 40 & whats the standard tyre pressure for vanettes for 165 13 ?

4) yeah i guess my shocks are worn out still i have the original oil shocks is it okay if I change all four to KYB Gas Shocks ?

Thnxx for being a Vanette enthusiast & giving valuable opinions & info.

1. I said under moderate speeds , and it does not go zig zag too. Straight brake with even tire marks .

3. CEAT does good on 40 PSI for me, Check here https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/936898/all

4. I have KYB gas shocks too.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Niranjan de Silva" data-cid="266557" data-time="1411317162"><p>

I do not understand fully your words. I am thinking that your reply should be amended as follows. <strong class='bbc'>By the way punctuation is everything</strong>.<br />

<br />

"Partial braking<span style='font-size: 24px;'><strong class='bbc'>, </strong></span>its obvious that we <strong class='bbc'>do</strong> have to press the clutch when applying brakes fully"<br />

<br />

I am no expert so let us see what the experts say. Still my two cents are that when your partial breaking you do not have to press the clutch. The more you press the clutch the parts associated with the clutch are worn out. Such as the clutch pedal, bearings and most importantly the clutch plates.</p></blockquote>

Well true about the parts wearing out but mostly why you shouldn't press both at the same time is because engine braking helps slow down a vehicle much faster. One should only press the clutch when the engine starts to jitter (almost close to engine shutting down.)

To be honest I'm surprised op's never learned this from his driving instructor.

I guess a valid question at this stage would be:

Did you step on both the clutch and brake pedals when you were forced to stop because the vehicle in front of you stopped suddenly (the situation when your van went zig zag)?

A simple yes or no from OP would suffice.

@Davy - Exactly yes

I hope with all the advice given above, you know now that this is not the ideal way to slow down a car. Especially in an emergency such as the one you've described. But to give you the benefit of the doubt, try to simulate this on an empty road. If the symptoms are the same, your brakes might need re-adjustment.

Since you've mentioned Arangala road and if you're saying that this happened just once on that steep downhill stretch, this just might be a one time thing (unless it happens all the time).

• Like 1