• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking For A Reliable Mechanic In Kandy

abcjayasinghe

Question

Actually this goes to AL members residing in and around Kandy area. I need to get the suspension system and bushings checked in my Toyota Vitz (2008 model). Appreciate if you could recommend me a reliable mechanic in kandy/ Matale area for this job. I don't want to go to the agents cos' they won't let the me watch what they're doing (and more importantly, I don't want to get "ripped off"). Thanks!

Edited by abcjayasinghe

16 answers to this question

I recently got the same thing done and replaced new bushings. A week later my horn stopped working. This certain Auto shop who claims to be the best in Kandy had not locked the steering wheel when they were doing the wheel alignment after the repair. They refused to take responsibility for damaging the airbag/horn ribbon spool.

I wish you all the best in finding a reliable mechanic in Kandy/Matale and remember when getting a wheel alignment done to ALWAYS make sure the steering wheel is locked. Good luck!

• Like 1

I recently got the same thing done and replaced new bushings. A week later my horn stopped working. This certain Auto shop who claims to be the best in Kandy had not locked the steering wheel when they were doing the wheel alignment after the repair. They refused to take responsibility for damaging the airbag/horn ribbon spool.

I wish you all the best in finding a reliable mechanic in Kandy/Matale and remember when getting a wheel alignment done to ALWAYS make sure the steering wheel is locked. Good luck!

Thanks Suranee for the eye opener... Please let us know that place; at least the location (hope this's not violating the rules ) so that AL members can avoid it at all cost. regards !

Hope pro members in kandy area can shed some light on this. Saw a separate thread on "good mechanics/ garages" started with good intention in the forum but sadly it was all about colombo.

There are posts about couple of places in Kandy in that thread.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15974-good-mechanics-technicians-workshops

Since you are going towards Matale, there are few small places I know in Ambatenna area. However I don't know how capable they are in checking your suspension system as they don't have specific equipments to check those. They will only be able give a general feedback based on their experience. They are located between Magcity and Kudugala Junction. You pass them in main road if you take A9 road.

There are posts about couple of places in Kandy in that thread.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15974-good-mechanics-technicians-workshops

Since you are going towards Matale, there are few small places I know in Ambatenna area. However I don't know how capable they are in checking your suspension system as they don't have specific equipments to check those. They will only be able give a general feedback based on their experience. They are located between Magcity and Kudugala Junction. You pass them in main road if you take A9 road.

Thanks..

I think I know the mechanics you're referring to, the ones on the left side of the road when going from Kandy to Matale?

Please do share about this joint, atleast via Pm

Recently I had my wheel alignment done and the car was pulling to the left heavily, when I took it back to them they complain about lower arm suspension bushes (ODO only 26000km Toyota) they charged me an additional sum and somehow managed to stop the pull, when I had my tyre pressures checked later on it was absurdly high on one side and low on the other, they just said they check the tyre pressure on routine basis. I guess the balanced the tug this way without correcting the alignment

Actually this goes to AL members residing in and around Kandy area. I need to get the suspension system and bushings checked in my Toyota Vitz (2008 model). Appreciate if you could recommend me a reliable mechanic in kandy/ Matale area for this job. I don't want to go to the agents cos' they won't let the me watch what they're doing (and more importantly, I don't want to get "ripped off"). Thanks!

replied

go to Charlton autoparts in peradeniya road or MJR peris in Mahaiyawa.you can do the bush replacement and alignment from MJR

MJR highly recommended from past experiences.

Thanks Suranee for the eye opener... Please let us know that place; at least the location (hope this's not violating the rules ) so that AL members can avoid it at all cost. regards !

I've sent you a PM with the name of the place. Hope you've been able to find a good mechanic by now. Just a word of advise a spare parts shop gave me recently when I went to purchase the airbag/horn ribbon spool for my car - stick to the small garages when in need of a repair since alot of them tend to be much more careful when repairing a vehicle than the high priced ones. Not sure I can agree with that since many of the small garages in Kandy are just not properly equipped to repair new vehicles which have sensors etc installed like the ones we own.

Please do share about this joint, atleast via Pm

Recently I had my wheel alignment done and the car was pulling to the left heavily, when I took it back to them they complain about lower arm suspension bushes (ODO only 26000km Toyota) they charged me an additional sum and somehow managed to stop the pull, when I had my tyre pressures checked later on it was absurdly high on one side and low on the other, they just said they check the tyre pressure on routine basis. I guess the balanced the tug this way without correcting the alignment

I've sent you a PM. Hope your car's running smoothly now!

Are there any good mechanics for BMWs (or any other euro car for that matter) in and around Kandy?

Try talking to the owner at Willy Automobiles, he used to work for Prestige (BMW dealer) before he opened the shop so he's familiar with German cars.

• Like 2