• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Car For 1.5 Million

erra_sg

An older FB15 or a 1998ish FB14 would fit your "less maintenance" criteria. Those are non-spectacular cars that require very little mollycoddling. But they are not fuel efficient.

Or you could jump into the toyota bandwagon and get yourself a starlet though a 110 would be out of bounds as they remain to be overpriced.

As YALA mentioned a Kelisa is a great option in that price bracket. It's basically a re-badged Daihatsu so at the core it is Jap. U get a newer car . Find a manual one it does good on fuel and has a decent amount of power for a 1000 cc engine.

Guys Thanks for your valuable advices. I was also thinking about the Mazda bj5 but some say it's bad on fuel.

I think this fuel efficiency issue is relative. The engine certainly wasn't as efficient as the Toyota Corollas of that generation but certainly wasn't bad.

The thing is you are also getting a newer car, so you have to consider total cost of ownership (servicing, repairs etc) not just fuel economy. Unless you do a lot of miles per day, the economy difference is unlikely to make much of a difference.

Guys Thanks for your valuable advices. I was also thinking about the Mazda bj5 but some say it's bad on fuel.

As Don Has mentioned, you need to consider the total cost of ownership when buying a car. Specially when it's over ten years old. The BJ5's might do 1-2 Kmpl less than corolla's but it would be much easier for you to find a BJ5 in good mechanical and running condition compared to corolla's or sunny's of the same age. Just have a look around a bit and you'll realize what i mean

Edited by LashNeo

I might be wrong here. But one thing I heared of BJ5 is that it has a lot sesors compared to other makes of that generation. Given the age they might give some trouble if previous owner hasn't maintained it well. One of my freinds had troubles with the engine due to this.

Pay your attention to this and if properly maintained it's real good car.

The Mazda Familia / 323 BJ series comes in two variants when it comes to body design. BJ5P is the sedan type and BJ5W is the sports wagon type (somewhere in between a hatch back and a typical wagon). The 5 in the BJ5P means it has a 1500CC engine. Similarly the 1300cc version is called BJ3P.

If it’s an auto, within the city limits, in high traffic conditions, it will do around 8-9kmpl. I honestly don’t think it can manage 11kmpl in city traffic. But on average it might do around 11kmpl in both outstation and city traffic.