• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sports Coupe

chamatharavinda

Damn :( As expected Fuel economy and sports coupe are two extremes :( Btw didn't think a Glanza would do only that much because of it's size?? :o Anyways thanks "The Don"

I think you don't realise how turbo charging gives you more performance. The turbo pushes in oxygen rich air into the input manifold and to make use of it the ECU will inject a bit more fuel too and big bang!! Else you end up with a very lean mixture and not much power. They are efficient when you think of how much displacement is needed to make the same power, but no where in your leage.

To be honest getting 12kmpl in city driving conditions is VERY difficult with most cars with AC. Thats a simple fact.

Hi guys I'm a newbie here and I was wondering whether you guys could help me find a good car, budget around 3Mn. The basic features are as follows,

1. Fuel consumption above 12km/l

2. Good resale value

3. Manual ofcourse... Triptronic could be accepted

4. Preferably a coupe (2 door)

5. Daily driver

6. Low maintenance

Thanks guys :)

CRZ

How about a Glanza??

yea.... u need to figure out what a coupe is first. Glanza is a hatchback

the only example i can think for this is the Honda ES/EX coupe which will meet most of ypur requirements, bt it is a rare car to find in SL

2003_honda_civic-pic-7341.jpeg

Edited by Schiffer

yea.... u need to figure out what a coupe is first. Glanza is a hatchback

the only example i can think for this is the Honda ES/EX coupe which will meet most of ypur requirements, bt it is a rare car to find in SL

[img=http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2008/07/20/16/06/2003_honda_civic-pic-7341.jpeg]

Not hard at all. A friend of mine, old school buddy, owns the only one in sl. He wants to sell. PM me if interested.

I think you don't realise how turbo charging gives you more performance. The turbo pushes in oxygen rich air into the input manifold and to make use of it the ECU will inject a bit more fuel too and big bang!! Else you end up with a very lean mixture and not much power. They are efficient when you think of how much displacement is needed to make the same power, but no where in your leage.

To be honest getting 12kmpl in city driving conditions is VERY difficult with most cars with AC. Thats a simple fact.

Please excuse my ignorance I have much to learn from you guys :) btw what do you think is a good fuel economy value?

Please excuse my ignorance I have much to learn from you guys :) btw what do you think is a good fuel economy value?

If a medium sized automatic car consistently does 10 kmpl in city traffic conditions, I think thats a good number. If the car has stop start and other efficiency features you'll get a bit more.

On my 1.5L manual I get about 9 with a mix of relaxed and brisk driving but can drop to about 8.