• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Vezel Hybrid - Park Lights?

nerve

Hello,

Anyone know how to leave the park lights ON on the Honda Vezel Hybrid (Same applies to the Fit as well?)

Once the Park lights are switched on, it works fine, but the moment the Vehicle is locked, the lights go off as well.

Any idea how to leave the park lights permanently on?

Does this happen even if you turn the park lights on when the engine is off?

I mean, if you have park lights on while the engine is on, then stop the vehicle, turn the engine off, get off and lock the vehicle, then the parking lights go off.

Instead, your turn off parking lights and turn them on again while the engine is off, then lock the car. What happens then?

Hello,

Anyone know how to leave the park lights ON on the Honda Vezel Hybrid (Same applies to the Fit as well?)

Once the Park lights are switched on, it works fine, but the moment the Vehicle is locked, the lights go off as well.

Any idea how to leave the park lights permanently on?

I don't think this is a viable option. What we call parking lights are actually dusk light, so they are not parking lights at all. So they are electronically turned off to stop the battery being drained.

I agree with Don, unlike in the past in modenr cars a drained out battery creates a lot of issues. In the past even if you accidentally drain out the battery completely you can hop in ask a few people to help you with a push start and you're off. But with a modern cars (a majority with automatic transmission) ECUs, keyless-entry, security systems and what not, a dead battery can really screw up your day. So i would believe car-makers would try to prevent battery usage when the car is not running.

• Like 1

Don & Watchman,

Yes I agree; but I feel there should be a way to at least turn the park lights on.

I have a similar experience with a Hyundai Getz.

After driving with headlights on, when I stop the engine, head lights get turned off automatically. When I take out the key and open the driver's door, park lights go off automatically. But I can turn park lights on by turning the knob to off position and then to on position, when the engine is not running. However, it is not possible to turn on the head lights this way. The engine has to be running to do so.

Don & Watchman,

Yes I agree; but I feel there should be a way to at least turn the park lights on.

After driving with headlights on, when I stop the engine, head lights get turned off automatically. When I take out the key and open the driver's door, park lights go off automatically. But I can turn park lights on by turning the knob to off position and then to on position, when the engine is not running. However, it is not possible to turn on the head lights this way. The engine has to be running to do so.

Sounds like a bug, that needs fixing, to me :)

Don & Watchman,

Don & Watchman are talking about reason why they are automatically turned off in the first place.

What you should be suggesting is that if the manufacturers design cars to turn off parking lights (or dusk lights) automatically, there should be some sort of lights which could be turned on which does not drain the battey of the car. LED lights or a different power source.

Anyway i think reflectors serve the purpose to some extent and even licence plates give an added benifit.

• 3 years later...
On 1/20/2018 at 6:46 PM, Janinda said:

There is a one way to remain the Parking light on when the engine off. Turn the parking lights on and lock the car with the key. Not from the remote. 

Kindly stop replying to ancient topics. This was last active 4 years ago.