• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Valued Car(4M) With High Daily Usage

k119

Hi,

I want to upgrade my corolla 141 to a car with following features.

1. Good resale value. This is why I was thinking to go for Toyota.

2. Daily usage like 70-75Km. Travelling to Colombo daily for working

3. Good fuel consumption -

4. Least defects low maintenance.

4. Budget - 4million

-2008-2010 premio/Allion,

-Axio(non-hybrid).

-Honda Civic(non-hybrid, like the car but again resale value is a problem)

-Suggest me any car model

Not so limited, but this is what comes to my mind. Axio is the least like, as similar to what I have now, but will be still consider as seems fuel consumption is quite good as what I heard.

Not so fan of hybrid vehicles coz of second hand market, complexity. And real calculation seems suggest me non-hybrid is more value for money under these circumstances.

Problem - When ever I talk to a owner they always giving me high hopes of what they own. And if Axio, Allion, Premio users can share there fuel consumption (real ones) highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

I want to upgrade my corolla 141 to a car with following features.

1. Good resale value. This is why I was thinking to go for Toyota.

2. Daily usage like 70-75Km. Travelling to Colombo daily for working

3. Good fuel consumption -

4. Least defects low maintenance.

4. Budget - 4million

-2008-2010 premio/Allion,

-Axio(non-hybrid).

-Honda Civic(non-hybrid, like the car but again resale value is a problem)

-Suggest me any car model

Not so limited, but this is what comes to my mind. Axio is the least like, as similar to what I have now, but will be still consider as seems fuel consumption is quite good as what I heard.

Not so fan of hybrid vehicles coz of second hand market, complexity. And real calculation seems suggest me non-hybrid is more value for money under these circumstances.

Problem - When ever I talk to a owner they always giving me high hopes of what they own. And if Axio, Allion, Premio users can share there fuel consumption (real ones) highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Buy an Allion or a Premio, comfortable and reliable cars and they are enough of a step up from the 141 to make your neighbours think you're doing very well. Realistic figures for the 1.5 litre model are between 10 and 12 in the city and maybe 15-16 outstation depending on driving style and all the other usual factors.

Buy a Bicycle.... best fuel efficiency and least amount of repairs. Can ride 70kms per day. Bling factor is infinite. You can plate it with gold if you like. You can get a good resale value also.

If I were you and had 4M to burn, I would do that.

Just sayin', now don't be hatin'... :)

• Like 2

Axio

Allion

Premio

corolla 141

and lot of hybrids are available, it's your preference.

for some of above cars, 4M is more enough. you can save some :)

He already has 141 corolla.

bother to read out first.

if you dont have anything valid to say,just stay silent.

nobody is going to give you awards for number of posts you make.

• Like 4

I have always been surprised seeing people spending so much hard earned money on buying a brand new / unregistered Japanese vehicles and getting frustrated on end of every month for paying the lease or a loan.

According to my experience most of the Japanese cars are so much reliable if they are maintained properly. And that is by doing the on time service including the oil change and small running repairs like replacing the brake pads.

By the way, if a person has 4M to burn like VVTI said, then that would be a different story. But still it does not make any sense to me spending all that money to buy an Axio, Allion or a corolla because they all look boring and ugly to me and the roads are flooded with these vehicles which are owned by people who cannot drive and scared to drive in the left lane (Please note that this is my personal taste only)

If I have 4M in hand and no other commitments, I would buy two vehicles. One would be something like a Mazda Axela, Honda Civic ES5, Mazda Demio or Lancer CS1/2/3 to be used for weekdays. The other one would be something like a first gen Subaru Impresa, second gen Subaru Legacy, first gen Toyota Rav4, Mitsubishi FTO or even an Alfa Romeo 156 for weekend getaways. Then again, that is my personal day dream and you don't have to agree to what I wrote. I am jobless and sleepy today :sleeping-smiley-008:

Edited by Amila_Silva
  • Like 1

Buy an Allion or a Premio, comfortable and reliable cars and they are enough of a step up from the 141 to make your neighbours think you're doing very well. Realistic figures for the 1.5 litre model are between 10 and 12 in the city and maybe 15-16 outstation depending on driving style and all the other usual factors.

Thanks.

Imho the Axio Hybrid looks ugly as hell, but it will do good on fuel. If I were you I will go for a allion 1.5L, if budget permits a 2010 or newer model, heard they do more on fuel than the 2007/08 models. My 2007 1.5L does around 10kmpl in city and around 13kmpl out station, probably because I really like to floor it :)

I suggest allion 2007,premio 2008,prius 2009(3rd gen). And you said corrolla 141 and axio are similar. They might be similar by interior and exterior but 141 sucks when it comes to fuel consumption and resale value. And most of them were manufactured in Malasia. Resale value of a 2008 141 is around 2.7 M while axio of the same year goes aroud 3.2M. I agree that 141 is spacious and has those fancy rear arm rest and all,but you have to agree that axio is everyway better than 141. And how did you manage to travel about 75 km a day with that 141 dude. I know it only does around 6-8 kmpl and it might have cost you about 1700/= a day. You could have rented out a house from where you work for that money man! ;-)

Edited by sathyajithj99

I suggest allion 2007,premio 2008,prius 2009(3rd gen). And you said corrolla 141 and axio are similar. They might be similar by interior and exterior but 141 sucks when it comes to fuel consumption and resale value. And most of them were manufactured in Malasia. Resale value of a 2008 141 is around 2.7 M while axio of the same year goes aroud 3.2M. I agree that 141 is spacious and has those fancy rear arm rest and all,but you have to agree that axio is everyway better than 141. And how did you manage to travel about 75 km a day with that 141 dude. I know it only does around 6-8 kmpl and it might have cost you about 1700/= a day. You could have rented out a house from where you work for that money man! ;-)

Thank Goodness, just because of this kinda mindset, we the ordinary people could afford, Brand new Agent maintained, Doctor owned and Lady driven (pun Intended) 141s for cheap-ass price and spend the Extra money to pump fuel, without buying exorbitantly overpriced axios :)

Edited by Ruslan

Thanks for your inputs.

Well. It does 9-10 in Colombo and 12-14 in outstation. Maximum I have experienced was 16km/l once(ealry morning going to Bandarawela). Cost was like 1200 per day. And my one is Japan manufactured. If this is the case keeping the 141 is one of the options as 10% fuelage comes with 5-6 laks higher price. And I think the resale value is around 29-31 for 141.

Edited by k119

Thanks for your inputs.

Well. It does 9-10 in Colombo and 12-14 in outstation. Maximum I have experienced was 16km/l once(ealry morning going to Bandarawela). Cost was like 1200 per day. And my one is Japan manufactured. If this is the case keeping the 141 is one of the options as 10% fuelage comes with 5-6 laks higher price. And I think the resale value is around 29-31 for 141.

If the 141 does 9-10 in Colombo and 12-14 outstation i'd rather keep it and use the extra money to pump fuel. Also I don't see how Allion/Premio is an upgrade worth 4m over a 141.

Also the Civic FD1/FD4 would not do better when it comes to fuel efficiency over the 141. But they will handle better and you would have more fun driving them than the 141.

If you really run high miles a month and that much concerned about the F/E the only other option would be to go for a hybrid. Even that move would only be profitable on the long term.

Edited by ramishkad

If the 141 does 9-10 in Colombo and 12-14 outstation i'd rather keep it and use the extra money to pump fuel. Also I don't see how Allion/Premio is an upgrade worth 4m over a 141.

Also the Civic FD1/FD4 would not do better when it comes to fuel efficiency over the 141. But they will handle better and you would have more fun driving them than the 141.

If you really run high miles a month and that much concerned about the F/E the only other option would be to go for a hybrid. Even that move would only be profitable on the long term.

Thanks man. True. Thinking the same. Or to buy a Kawasaki D-tracker for a ride :D. BTW do you know what is the fuel consumption for FD1/4?