• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Using Toa Spray For A Touchup

Nissan cdj

Hii Guys ,

Wouldn't it be a issue if I use TOA Spray to remove a minor scratch which is in the bumper as it has no deep scratch ? And just the paint been peeled off of my Metallic Silver Prius third gen. BTW TOA Spray comes in that colour (metallic Silver)

So as i am going to do it myself because if I take it to Toyota or some other professional it would cost me 7 to 10 k by considering that what do you guys think And what would be your recommendation on this ?

And Since I thought of doing it myself what are the things that should be taken care of ?

Thankin you,

Nissan Cdj

Not every Metallic Silver is the same. Different manufacturers have different shades and even the slightest difference will stick out like enrique iglesias' mole.

Besides, if the paint is peeling off, you have a proper issue with the finish and this won't be the last of it. Maybe it was a bad repair job. If you're planning to use toa, I don't assume you're handy with a sanding block, primer, paint and clear coating the thing so it's better to get it repaired professionally. God forbid, you will only end up hurting the resale value.

• Like 3

if you want something temporary for the time being get a hold of some silver paint from a car paint shop maybe? , find a cigarette bud and gently apply it on the chipped area,

If you were in kandy i could have helped you out,

Toyota has like 10-20 different shades of silver, so that TOA can thing is gonna be a waste of money and you are gonna ruin the car, So either get it properly painted or u can do that temporary fix

• Like 3

A good scolding by your parents every now and then is good for your soul. So cough up the truth and face it like a man.

Also, even if you get the exact paint code of the car and touch it up it will stick out as the car's paint would scorched/faded/used and the can paint is fresh. So it still does need some mixing and matching.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 3

@ Schiffer haha true that. the thing is car isn't mine its my dada's and yesterday only it just hit on a stone or something while i was cornering the car. So before Dada see this I should do something to get rid of his damn scoldings that's why i am this much bothered to do it by myself. :-p

Haiyyoo. The same has happened to me numerous times. You should take a life lesson and owe up to your mistakes. Your parents would be understanding and appreciative of your honesty.

If you mess the paint up, it will cost your father more to put it right. You can get a pannel professionaly painted for as low as 4000 for a small job.

if you want something temporary for the time being get a hold of some silver paint from a car paint shop maybe? , find a cigarette bud and gently apply it on the chipped area,

If you were in kandy i could have helped you out,

Toyota has like 10-20 different shades of silver, so that TOA can thing is gonna be a waste of money and you are gonna ruin the car, So either get it properly painted or u can do that temporary fix

Thnks for your kind cooperation. Anyways I am going try it and i wish I could do it at my best without messing it up.

We've all been there mate. Just tell him the truth and get it painted. Do the right thing by yor father and the car. These things happen.

These Things happen and its totally fine. i could not bear up the scoldings BTW well said.

Haiyyoo. The same has happened to me numerous times. You should take a life lesson and owe up to your mistakes. Your parents would be understanding and appreciative of your honesty.

If you mess the paint up, it will cost your father more to put it right. You can get a pannel professionaly painted for as low as 4000 for a small job.

Oh seriously yeah true that. Eventually I have got two options & Now I have got no idea of What should I do ? too

You better hope your father doesn't get on autolanka or online much, else posting a picture of the car with the number plate visible isn't going to aid anonimity lol

Haha for god's sake he is not there in Autolanka or not surfing net much. I should remove the number anyway Thanxx for the idea & Nice thinking.

Hii Guys ,

Wouldn't it be a issue if I use TOA Spray to remove a minor scratch which is in the bumper as it has no deep scratch ? And just the paint been peeled off of my Metallic Silver Prius third gen. BTW TOA Spray comes in that colour (metallic Silver)

So as i am going to do it myself because if I take it to Toyota or some other professional it would cost me 7 to 10 k by considering that what do you guys think And what would be your recommendation on this ?

And Since I thought of doing it myself what are the things that should be taken care of ?

Thankin you,

Nissan Cdj

I haven't used TOA Spray but i have used touch up pen for minor scratches of my car and it worked really well. If you plan to use this you have to know your car color code. Otherwise it wont match. I have always use the brush part of this pen and it worked well for me. I haven't use the roller ball tip yet.

touchuppaint_zps3c81576d.jpg

Hope this might help. If you plan to use this i would suggest first try the bottom part of your bumper to double check if the color matches or not. I have used black and the color was matching perfectly. Since your car is silver you have to bee extra careful i guess.

KMeeg.

I haven't used TOA Spray but i have used touch up pen for minor scratches of my car and it worked really well. If you plan to use this you have to know your car color code. Otherwise it wont match. I have always use the brush part of this pen and it worked well for me. I haven't use the roller ball tip yet.

touchuppaint_zps3c81576d.jpg

Hope this might help. If you plan to use this i would suggest first try the bottom part of your bumper to double check if the color matches or not. I have used black and the color was matching perfectly. Since your car is silver you have to bee extra careful i guess.

KMeeg.

arnt those pens very expensive? i try a white pen in india and they asked 1500INR for that

Entertaining thread after a quite a while. Nissan cdj I can imagine you sneaking in the dead of the night with a Toa spray and a pack of cigarettes and getting caught red handed. Mate, um don't take this personally, but umbha Banum ahannama one kind eka, naththan hadenne naa.

I can't seem to find the link now but I can verily remember that there are more than a thousand shades of silver in relation to car paints and it is highly doubtful that the generic metallic silver Toa spray will suit your purpose and my gut feeling is that it will ruin your car further. First thing is to get the paint code of your car which would be most probably stated on the VIN Plate.

I can't seem to find the link now but I can verily remember that there are more than a thousand shades of silver in relation to car paints and it is highly doubtful that the generic metallic silver Toa spray will suit your purpose and my gut feeling is that it will ruin your car further. First thing is to get the paint code of your car which would be most probably stated on the VIN Plate.

Try this link - http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/vindecoder.php

Eg -

touchuppaint2_zps8fba85c8.jpg

I believe upto some extend the color codes are similar by brand. So far it worked for me on minor touch-ups. Not sure if there is any variation than these standard codes with in the brand.

Correct me if i'm wrong,

KMeeg.

Edited by kmeeg

arnt those pens very expensive? i try a white pen in india and they asked 1500INR for that

The store only had below brand and 204 for Toyota Black (i needed a black one for touch-up job). It was US$ 8.97. I have just tried this on my car and it i could not find the difference between 202 and 204 Black. Looks identical. I guess it would be better to search on-line as it might be cheaper. Anyways for "Nissan cdj"s problem you have to verify your code is "1F7" or not, if you want to try Touch-up pen. Or check with a local body shop to see how much they charge. Bcos its not that clear whether it would do just with a touch-up paint or a little sanding needed and so on... as the scratch doesn't seems to be too small for a touch-up pen kind of job.

touchuppaint2_zps582c2302.jpg

Edited by kmeeg

Just saying... :P

ScratchCoverUp2_zpsd5b1a0bc.jpg

But seriously... a good paint job won't cost you much since it looks like a spot paint job can be done. If you're going for a touch-up pen, I saw an ad recently on a popular online advertising site where they claimed to have quite a lot of colours to select from. Price of a pen was 700 or something if I remember correctly.

Even if you do a touch-up pen job, you'll need a clear coat pen as well to make the job look perfect.

EDIT: Erased number plate. Thanks pug360xsi

Edited by Davy
  • Like 2

Entertaining thread after a quite a while. Nissan cdj I can imagine you sneaking in the dead of the night with a Toa spray and a pack of cigarettes and getting caught red handed. Mate, um don't take this personally, but umbha Banum ahannama one kind eka, naththan hadenne naa.

Please dont say that. I know his father. He is going to be very mean to Nishan when he finds out. I would not want to be Nishan right now.

Edited by Watchman