• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Getting A Full Diagnose Done For A Nissan Tiida

thushanthatj

Hi,

Need to get a test done for a Nissan Tiida before purchasing. Car is currenly located in Boralesgamuwa

1. Do i need to go to A*W or will another place would do? Need contact info if anybody has.

2. rough cost

3. What will they check and will they give a report on engine condition

4. Where to find the paint code of the car

If these were answered previously, please share the links. Thank you

Hi,

Need to get a test done for a Nissan Tiida before purchasing. Car is currenly located in Boralesgamuwa

1. Do i need to go to A*W or will another place would do? Need contact info if anybody has.

2. rough cost

3. What will they check and will they give a report on engine condition

4. Where to find the paint code of the car

If these were answered previously, please share the links. Thank you

A*W is the best place since they are the agents. There seem to be a company called car cheks who offer a similar service but I have no idea about cost or quality of service.

The paint code might be on the car information plate on the firewall or attached to a sticker on the driver side door column. You can always get this information from the agent.

To be perfectly honest, unless these cars have been run like crazy, they are a bit too new to have engine issues. Pay more attention to body, accident damage etc

You can go to CarChecks or even the Agents like The Don mentioned. i did go to CarChecks once they went through a test drive and hoisted the car up, checked with scanners etc etc... i got a 5 paged report on the car so. cost around 2500 for the entire procedure.

if it was me would check from both these guys coz a second opinion is always better when u dishing out millions to buy a car that might end up being a flop ^_^

• Like 1

car checks is an excellent place owned by a friend of mine. my relationship with the owner has nothing to do with the recommendation. they do a thorough multipoint checkup of the car and give you a detailed report for 2500. i believe hybrids are 4500. they will also direct you in the right way to get whatever repairs needed.

speak to Mr. Jan (pronounced Yaan) Selliah once there. he'll see to it.

A*W is good too. they will have the service history of the car.

car checks is an excellent place owned by a friend of mine. my relationship with the owner has nothing to do with the recommendation. they do a thorough multipoint checkup of the car and give you a detailed report for 2500. i believe hybrids are 4500. they will also direct you in the right way to get whatever repairs needed.

speak to Mr. Jan (pronounced Yaan) Selliah once there. he'll see to it.

A*W is good too. they will have the service history of the car.

are they doing all kinds of car inspections ?

I have no idea what you mean. I didn't know there were various types of car inspections. Look them up on Facebook/google, and contact them and find out.

I meant whether they are doing inspections for many vehicle types like Toyota, Nissan, Mitsu, honda, bmw, mercies etc.

I actually visit their fan page on FB already (there was no such website btw) but they haven't mention it specifically, that's why I asked.

Car checks reports are pretty exaggerated if you ask me. Even if there's little wear (say a shock absorber, for example), it would appear on the report as something serious. I guess they are here to build up their own reputation as tough inspectors in my opinion. And you may feel disappointed by reading their report.

You need to understand that you are buying a used car. Wear and tear is expected and certain parts are consumables (mounts, bushes, rack ends, tyres, shocks and the like) and they need to be replaced from time to time. There's no reason for panicking over those.

However, be vary of accident damaged cars and cars with serious engine issues. The latter is unlikely with a newer car like Tiida. Car checks (or pretty much anybody with a hoist) can check for chassis damage. If you want to specifically check the condition of the engine, Dhammika Fernando can also do it. (search this forum by that name for phone number)

Car checks reports are pretty exaggerated if you ask me. Even if there's little wear (say a shock absorber, for example), it would appear on the report as something serious. I guess they are here to build up their own reputation as tough inspectors in my opinion. And you may feel disappointed by reading their report.

You need to understand that you are buying a used car. Wear and tear is expected and certain parts are consumables (mounts, bushes, rack ends, tyres, shocks and the like) and they need to be replaced from time to time. There's no reason for panicking over those.

However, be vary of accident damaged cars and cars with serious engine issues. The latter is unlikely with a newer car like Tiida. Car checks (or pretty much anybody with a hoist) can check for chassis damage. If you want to specifically check the condition of the engine, Dhammika Fernando can also do it. (search this forum by that name for phone number)

I think what we need in this country are higher inspection standards and tougher and stringent checks on all vehicles. Yesterday the E01 was a nightmare, at dusk there were buses and cars and battas plying hem with no tail lights, alignment off the charts and one head light situations.

if places like CarChecks ramp up the checking and inspecting and ties up with government bodies, that will take out most of the unsafe vehicles off the roads and make roads that much safer.

I think what we need in this country are higher inspection standards and tougher and stringent checks on all vehicles. Yesterday the E01 was a nightmare, at dusk there were buses and cars and battas plying hem with no tail lights, alignment off the charts and one head light situations.

if places like CarChecks ramp up the checking and inspecting and ties up with government bodies, that will take out most of the unsafe vehicles off the roads and make roads that much safer.

What we need is at least an anual road worthiness check, not just a check of emissions. Its obviously not enough since lots car go wrong in the middle, but at least once a year these guys will be FORCED TO FIX THEIR DAMN CARS.

We also need to have a system of traffic cameras and remote fines at least on the motorways. So if traffic control spots a vehicle which is driving without lights, broken lights etc they will be fined via the post to the original registered owner. This will make people more weary of leaving vehicles with open papers too.