• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2013 Nissan Y61 (Patrol) Diesel Auto-Transmission Advice Before Buying

LKRoadster

Question

Hi Guys!

I'm thinking about buying a Nissan Patrol Y61 that has been imported via A*W and i found it at a car sale.

it fits my budget but i was told the 3liter turbo diesel with auto-transmission is not very powerful( i'm not planning to tow anything) with comparison to the manual version

i'm not a off-road type of a person just that this thing is big and will be very useful to me

any owners or people who have driven a y61 can you shed some light on this

thanks,

Hi Guys!

I'm thinking about buying a Nissan Patrol Y61 that has been imported via A*W and i found it at a car sale.

it fits my budget but i was told the 3liter turbo diesel with auto-transmission is not very powerful( i'm not planning to tow anything) with comparison to the manual version

i'm not a off-road type of a person just that this thing is big and will be very useful to me

any owners or people who have driven a y61 can you shed some light on this

thanks,

4200cc is the older engine and 3000cc one is the newer version, just because the engine cc is less i dont think the power is also less. by the way what was the price of that vehicle?

Thanks for your reply It retails for a bit less than 12 million Can't really find a brand new suv for that price So is there any issue with the transmission being automatic

On a related not, automatic 4x4s not being good for off-roading is a myth. Autos do just as well, or sometimes even better off-road. This is a general comment, and I can't comment on the Y61 though.

Well i have some experience with the nissan patrol Y61 face lifted version but it a manual . Judging by the price i think its one of them for a 3 liter engine the manual has good power but u have to be in the right gears meaning doing quick up shifts for lankan economic style driving is not that preferred by the engine because its a big vehicle otherwise great pulling power n good engine.

there are quit a few model variants on this jeep spec wise be sure to go for a high spec one which is always nice, the resent imports with the doc permits lack some options .

N on our one the dash board developed an issue where it got bubbles where its gotten exposed to the sun i've seen this on quit a few other also in the same model year but it can be replaced i hope the issue is fixed on recent imports.

comfort wise its a bit stiff n hard because its mainly aimed at 4x4 but its not that bad but in my opinion the prado 150 is much better comfort wise n easy to self drive.hope i was help full :)

If you are not going to be off roading buy a Toyota Prado Petrol or a Montero deisel, cos the patrol you are looking at will be a basic spec and to add to that is relatively uncomfortable on carpet roads and slow when compared to the Prado and the montero. plus points for the patrol is that it definitely handles better on bends and will be more comfortable to drive on bad roads and most importantly it will last lot more years than both the prado and the monty. The off road aspect is not taken into consideration.

The Patrol is a very solid old school 4x4 truck that is basically built to last a couple of decades of hard work. If you judge it's driving characteristics against more modern vehicles like the 150 Prado it will definitely feel a bit backward (remember the basic design has been in production since the 90s).

The 3.0 engine is pretty strong in the low and mid ranges even with the autobox and definitely has more than enough grunt for our road conditions, just don't expect to keep up with the new Prados and Saharas etc. If you take care of it, it will last a long time too though the non turbo 4.2 will likely last MUCH longer.

The Patrol is a very solid old school 4x4 truck that is basically built to last a couple of decades of hard work. If you judge it's driving characteristics against more modern vehicles like the 150 Prado it will definitely feel a bit backward (remember the basic design has been in production since the 90s).

The 3.0 engine is pretty strong in the low and mid ranges even with the autobox and definitely has more than enough grunt for our road conditions, just don't expect to keep up with the new Prados and Saharas etc. If you take care of it, it will last a long time too though the non turbo 4.2 will likely last MUCH longer.

Does the Prado get the 1KD engine?

Magnum, (and everybody else), please keep the sizes of footer images to a minimum. Remember this is a forum, and post contents should take presedence over this type of cosmetic items. Please don't take up too much screen space!! Very annoying when trying to read on a mobile device as you have to scroll more!

We will be forced to edit to remove these images if you guys don't trim them down.

Magnum, (and everybody else), please keep the sizes of footer images to a minimum. Remember this is a forum, and post contents should take presedence over this type of cosmetic items. Please don't take up too much screen space!! Very annoying when trying to read on a mobile device as you have to scroll more!

We will be forced to edit to remove these images if you guys don't trim them down.

Isn't that kind of like the standard size everyone is using here?

Most manufacturers make the slot to DIN our Double DIN size. You sometimes need a estra plastic cover to fit an after market stereo because of the layout of the dashboard. Car stereo places will have those in stock for popular vehicles.

Magnum, on 10 Sept 2014 - 23:14, said:snapback.png

Most manufacturers make the slot to DIN our Double DIN size. You sometimes need a estra plastic cover to fit an after market stereo because of the layout of the dashboard. Car stereo places will have those in stock for popular vehicles.

...I think he was referring to the size of the signature image (or whatever you call it)...but you do have something there :D

...I think he was referring to the size of the signature image (or whatever you call it)...but you do have something there :D

Ha ha, Well I think they are all a menace and I don't use one personally. I don't think I see everybody's because my office blocks most images so imune to most. But Magnums stands out like a sore thumb as its actually loading :)

Not to pick you out man, but as nice as they are they do make you scroll more, and mind you I'm using a 23" monitor here!

Ha ha, Well I think they are all a menace and I don't use one personally. I don't think I see everybody's because my office blocks most images so imune to most. But Magnums stands out like a sore thumb as its actually loading :)

LOL...don't use one myself...I wouldn't know what to use in the first place :)

Not to pick you out man, but as nice as they are they do make you scroll more, and mind you I'm using a 23" monitor here!

Alright i'll edit out mine and make it smaller, bdw doesn't autolanka have a separate mobile site? I get a mobile version on my iPhone and it doesnt show anyone's signature

Hey LKRoadster, I own one of these Patrols and yes its a 3 Liter CRDI automatic that I bought a few months back. Its not the top of the line GRX version but a GL which lack a few options. Power wise I dont see any problem as I owned a 98', 4.2 liter before. Compared to that this has better torque and more HP. It has about 360Nm of torque which is quite sufficient. But if your worried about the fuel economy and comfort maybe a Prado or a Montero will be suited better. Handling has been excellent in wet conditions and at high speeds thanks to the stiffer suspension.

The auto box works perfectly but it does give a bit of a jerk when changing from 1-2-3. The manual version will give a better fuel economy if driven in the right gears at the right speeds. And also keep in mind that the Patrols were not built for top speeds or great looks but for ruggedness and take you anywhere capability. Top speed I have reached is 160km/h with 5 passengers a load at the back and with the dual A/C on so I wouldnt call in slow either. (Mind you this is just to check and not with the intentions of breaking any road rules)

This is my daily driver and also the weekend getaway vehicle both on and off road. I surely would not trade this in for a Montero or a Prado for sure, so I suggest that you do a bit of research and pick what suits you. But it will a shame if you buy one of these and dont take them off roadin to see what it really is capable of :)

Hey LKRoadster, I own one of these Patrols and yes its a 3 Liter CRDI automatic that I bought a few months back. Its not the top of the line GRX version but a GL which lack a few options. Power wise I dont see any problem as I owned a 98', 4.2 liter before. Compared to that this has better torque and more HP. It has about 360Nm of torque which is quite sufficient. But if your worried about the fuel economy and comfort maybe a Prado or a Montero will be suited better. Handling has been excellent in wet conditions and at high speeds thanks to the stiffer suspension.

The auto box works perfectly but it does give a bit of a jerk when changing from 1-2-3. The manual version will give a better fuel economy if driven in the right gears at the right speeds. And also keep in mind that the Patrols were not built for top speeds or great looks but for ruggedness and take you anywhere capability. Top speed I have reached is 160km/h with 5 passengers a load at the back and with the dual A/C on so I wouldnt call in slow either. (Mind you this is just to check and not with the intentions of breaking any road rules)

This is my daily driver and also the weekend getaway vehicle both on and off road. I surely would not trade this in for a Montero or a Prado for sure, so I suggest that you do a bit of research and pick what suits you. But it will a shame if you buy one of these and dont take them off roadin to see what it really is capable of :)

Oh! great ;-) went on a test drive...and this thing is huge ..driver elevation is good...i was impressed with it, as i said i'm on a budget and this thing is rewarding to drive...lol

it's bigger compared to a montero and you feel it, i'm also thinking of getting the GL..do some work and change it's over-fenders to match the body..also the audio system replacement to something more hightech

Oh! great ;-) went on a test drive...and this thing is huge ..driver elevation is good...i was impressed with it, as i said i'm on a budget and this thing is rewarding to drive...lol

it's bigger compared to a montero and you feel it, i'm also thinking of getting the GL..do some work and change it's over-fenders to match the body..also the audio system replacement to something more hightech

Yeah if your getting the GL Auto you will have to get the buffers and fenders painted. Also add some alloy wheels which will be 17's. I have upgraded my audio system too - Kenwood double din head unit, infinity speakers, 12 Inch JBL sub and JBL AMP to power the sub and speakers.