• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrid Vs Non-Hybrid

bycap

Coolant, oil filter, Break repair charges, service charges etc are common for all vehicles.

Some people actually maintain vehicles with this mentality. This is why there are premium brand cars running like shit after a while and the same reason why most hybrids will be plagued with issues not too lomg from now.

Edited by Hoonigan

cost depend on the type of vehicle. Whether its Hybrid or not cost is same. BMW not a Hybrid.

If you seriously do not know about something, please don't comment and mislead people.

The costs of maintaining vehicles vary by brand, fuel type and technology, country of manufacture and when it was built.

This is because cost is relative to the availability of spares, the expertise required to do maintenance, maintenance intervals and the complexitty and demands of the vehicle itself and finally to a certain extent country of manufacture.

For example the cost of maintaining a Toyota Prius Hybrid is not the same as a BMW i8 Hybrid. Its not even the same as a Honda Insight Hybrid. I can go into detail why, but I think your misunderstanding is far more basic.

oooh I so freaking miss the vote down function :sport-smiley-005:

That was removed due to allegations, that it was misused by users to target certain members for personal reasons. So now we have the "like" functionality, which shows who has "liked it".

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="VVTi" data-cid="277964" data-time="1432828015"><p>

You are a fidiot machang.... don't breed. </p></blockquote>

Machang make a fidiot think that we are fidiots will make him happy. Once the breeding done there is nothing much I can do than waiting till the pregnancy lasts.lol

Edited by AbeysinghE

Recently one of my dad's friends moved from 121 to axio hybrid.according to the car's calculation,best mileage is 17.3kmpl.and he is using it for abt nearly 8 months.what i see in him after moving to a hybrid is that he is proud of owning a car that bears the emblem 'hybrid' and he never let me drive it.IMO i think 90% out of hybrid users have moved to a hybrid for the trend.the word 'hybrid' has now become a fashion like,'arpico hybrid wathura tankiya'.people who cannot afford a hybrid car can be satisfied by buying a water tank labelled hybrid.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Recently one of my dad's friends moved from 121 to axio hybrid.according to the car's calculation,best mileage is 17.3kmpl.and he is using it for abt nearly 8 months.what i see in him after moving to a hybrid is that he is proud of owning a car that bears the emblem 'hybrid' and he never let me drive it.IMO i think 90% out of hybrid users have moved to a hybrid for the trend.the word 'hybrid' has now become a fashion like,'arpico hybrid wathura tankiya'.people who cannot afford a hybrid car can be satisfied by buying a water tank labelled hybrid.

Why would your Dad's friend let you drive his cars? Unless of course you're dating the daughter! But even then its a stretch...

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="VVTi" data-cid="277964" data-time="1432828015"><p>

You are a fidiot machang.... don't breed. </p></blockquote>

Machang make a fidiot think that we are fidiots will make him happy. Once the breeding done there is nothing much I can do than waiting till the pregnancy lasts.lol

Like I said, you are a fidiot.

How does it do on long trips? I heard normally it does around 22km/l

Yeah on long drives it does between 20-24 depending on the road. If its downhill (say from Kandy till Yakkala it will do around 30 if driven very carefully in traffic less times). Uphill it will do around 20. Its hopeless when it comes to short distance travelling in traffic.

Yeah on long drives it does between 20-24 depending on the road. If its downhill (say from Kandy till Yakkala it will do around 30 if driven very carefully in traffic less times). Uphill it will do around 20. Its hopeless when it comes to short distance travelling in traffic.

any car will give you the same results in traffic, whether it s hybrid or not...

I bought an Accord few months back. It's doing around 11.8 - 12.5 kmpl in Colombo while in traffic. When I travel to factory it does around 17 max and in the highway around 21 max.