• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Reliable Car For 27K

Emac

Question

Hi Guys,

Seeking for your expert openion in buying/ changing my car.

My budget is 2.7 M and my expections are

• Low maintainance
  • Economical (around 10 - 13 kmpl)
  • Resale value

My initial idea was to get a Honda Fit Hybrid (2nd hand) but thought its maintainence and battery replacement will cost me a foutune.

Audi A4 - 2003, Mazda - 2004 caught my interest, will be great if anyone out there who is using a older model give some pointers on the Fuel / Maintainence / Spare Parts cost on these models or on similar range.

I'm looking for a somwhat bigger car.

Hope to see your expert openion on this.

Emac

Edited by Emac

18 answers to this question

1.) learn to use the K, what you have written is 27000

2.) low maintance cost - lol forget the audi

3.) low maintaince, economical and resale value, just go for the Fit hybrid since you have already consider selling i. or just go for a belta.

Edited by Schiffer

27000 ?? :o I initially thought you are looking for Rent A Car.. lol

any way car choices in you bucket are controversial.

I don't think Audi matches any of your requirement, and Mazda too (more or less)

What about Corolla 121, VIOS, 141 (fuel might be a lil problem), Honda FD1 etc. If you can stretch the budget a little bit Allion, Premio also possible candidates.

K= kilo = 1,000.

Kilogramme= 1,000 grams

Kilometre = 1,000 meters

Kilocalorie= 1,000 calories.

Aiyyo go search the forum. Can't be repeating the same record every time. This has been hacked to death.

Or just save everyone the trouble and buy a 141/Prius 2nd gen, never maintain it, and sell it off when trouble starts.

I can sell you my Fozzy for 2.7mn... excellent all rounder...

Economical... parts are freely available. and amazing resale value....

Kicks the butts of all the cars you mentioned.

:)

yes very. jsut as good as mine. superb on fuel. bargain. has a hybrid forced induction drive that makes the car more sexually seductive after 3,000rpm

I can sell you my Fozzy for 2.7mn... excellent all rounder...

Economical... parts are freely available. and amazing resale value....

Kicks the butts of all the cars you mentioned.

:)

Hi VVTi

Tell me more about this car (speces / pictures / etc.,)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the quick reply. sorry about the "K' / km[/s and all that suff.

Anyways, few stuff to clear out. when I mentioned 'Low maintainece' it does not mean I'm looking for a Maruti. If you guys can give me a figure (Rs.) for an average - full servive for an Audi / Mazda I should be able to decide. And I heard the europien model does not require service for every 5000 km is this ture? correct me if I'm wrong.

e.

Hi VVTi

Tell me more about this car (speces / pictures / etc.,)

LOL... I was kidding machang... with your requirements, a 2L Turbocharged AWD station wagon will give you hemorrhoids... :)

Subarus, let alone Foresters are not within the requirement bracket you have mentioned. It fails in all departments but the kick ass one.

Parts are fairly dear, fuel consumption is high and your average thel hinganna will run a mile when they hear the consumption figures.

You should stick to Toyotas and Mazdas.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the quick reply. sorry about the "K' / km[/s and all that suff.

Anyways, few stuff to clear out. when I mentioned 'Low maintainece' it does not mean I'm looking for a Maruti. If you guys can give me a figure (Rs.) for an average - full servive for an Audi / Mazda I should be able to decide. And I heard the europien model does not require service for every 5000 km is this ture? correct me if I'm wrong.

e.

When it comes to servicing Fiat says the oil change interval is at 30,000 km on their Multijet diesel. Amazing. isn't it ?

Can the OP please confirm what price range he is after so I can ammend the thread title.

Also these long service intervals were introduced to impress fleet managers. They also cause a lot of premature failure of components, so most users ignore them and at least perform an anual service or at 10000 miles. This is not applicable to SL where it should be 5000kms, which is now generally accepted as good practice.

Yeah I do agree with you Don. But you can still run at least 15000 using fully synthetic lube.

Thats what the manufacturers would like to make you think. If you have always run synthetic oil you probably can. But if you haven't you probably should change well under 10K. The detergents in synthetic oils come with their own problems in older engines, if you switch to it. They are also problamatic in cars that don't run a lot.