• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Beware, Vezels Are Invading The Country. Good Bye All Ion & Prmios.

knightowl

I would say its a good vehicle for its price!

you cant compare it to an harrier, sorento or montero or whatever

Its not a proper SUV but LOOKS LIKE ONE!!

Decent looking and nothing is comparable to a VEZEL in 6 million range because its BRAND NEW!!

ITS THEEEE NEW THING IN SRI LANKA

HYBRID- Good on fuel

JEEP- So its POSH :P

always gor for RU3 FWD does good on fuel and will have a better resale value.

There isnt a huge difference between X and Z

Z has these additional options/parts -

Roof Railings

Body Colour Skirts

17" Alloys ( X comes with 15)

Leather Combination seats

Brown Interior option
Auto Dimming Rear Mirror

Dual A/C - Dual temperature control for Driver and Passenger

Oh i did not know that HR-V is available in US market. Below is the picture of the honda vehicles commonly available in US market. I have label each category thinking it might help. But again all i said was "i did not know that HR-V is available in US market".

Hondavehicles_zpsec117908.jpg

yeah it was not there, since 2006. But now they gonna market Vezel as HR-V there. It's the 2016 HR-V for them (not even close to previous HR-V though, so this has broken down the hearts of fellow HR-V fans there)

http://automobiles.honda.com/hr-v/

Some corrections

Well, you need to look for the chassis code not the grade to decide whether it's AWD or FWD. RU4 is the AWD one.

Both X and Z grades are coming under FWD, and also in RU3 chassis, it may come under RU4 also. So the fuel figures are same within the same chassis. Z grade is the highest grade where you can get all the set of options.

Vezel is being called as HR-V in USA and they have targeted it for urban areas so it goes as Urban SUV.

Correct. RU3 - FWD & RU4 - AWD

X grade coming under both chassis but you can't find Z grade in RU4. XL is the highest grade in RU4 with a different 17" alloys but without the body colored lower garnish. Also you don't have jazz brown interior option in XL.

Also the fuel figures are not the same for same chassis according to Honda web .

http://www.honda.co.jp/VEZEL/

Well, you need to look for the chassis code not the grade to decide whether it's AWD or FWD. RU4 is the AWD one.

Both X and Z grades are coming under FWD, and also in RU3 chassis, it may come under RU4 also. So the fuel figures are same within the same chassis. Z grade is the highest grade where you can get all the set of options.

Vezel is being called as HR-V in USA and they have targeted it for urban areas so it goes as Urban SUV.

Some corrections

Correct. RU3 - FWD & RU4 - AWD

X grade coming under both chassis but you can't find Z grade in RU4. XL is the highest grade in RU4 with a different 17" alloys but without the body colored lower garnish. Also you don't have jazz brown interior option in XL.

Also the fuel figures are not the same for same chassis according to Honda web .

http://www.honda.co.jp/VEZEL/

yeah it can be, adding so many options affects the fuel figures.

Hi Guys,

After few calls I Have able to collect below info...

If your opening LC Z grade is ,

1)one said it will be below 5.3 mil which he has advertising in another site which I don't know this person...LC of 2.9 mil.

2)one person known to my friend quoted 5.4mil for Z Navi...LC for 3.6mil...

3)Person know to one of my uncle in Japan said he will buy from auction and LC to open to his name I have get the clearing done from here...

Guys, I travel quite distance every day I'm more concern on fuel... I guess Z Navi will do fuel at least 20km/L.... :)

Do any one have a idea what's the clearing and tax cost for Vezzel Z Navi...

Rgds,

DCL

The problem with Vezel like vehicles is that there is very little documentation available in English.

And all the information/warnings shown in the car displays are in japanese.

So you really don't know what the vehicle is trying to say :speechless-smiley-019:

For example one of my friends got a warning about the ctba(City Break Assist) system in japanese and it did not go away until the car was turned off and started again.

Does any one know the service interval for brand new honda vezel? Which engine oil we should use (semi or fully synthetic)?

The service intervals for cars in SL as established by owners in SL are as follows. These go beyond manufacturer reccomendations but seem to yield the best results with our climate and our fuel for normal usage.

Semit Synthetic/ Minderal oil, Every 5000km or 6 months which ever occurs first

Fully synthetic oil, Every 10000 km or 1 year which ever occurs first

If your car is a high performance motor with a high compression engine (Turbo or super charged engine), or high revving engine (like Mazda Wankel engines) these numbers will need to be adjusted significantly downwards.

If your car is not used regularly stick to mineral or semi synthetic oil and change it at least once a year but preferably every 6 months.

The service intervals for cars in SL as established by owners in SL are as follows. These go beyond manufacturer reccomendations but seem to yield the best results with our climate and our fuel for normal usage.

Semit Synthetic/ Minderal oil, Every 5000km or 6 months which ever occurs first

Fully synthetic oil, Every 10000 km or 1 year which ever occurs first

If your car is a high performance motor with a high compression engine (Turbo or super charged engine), or high revving engine (like Mazda Wankel engines) these numbers will need to be adjusted significantly downwards.

If your car is not used regularly stick to mineral or semi synthetic oil and change it at least once a year but preferably every 6 months.

It's confusing why the countries that use 'Kilometers' they say every 5000km and the countries that use 'miles' its every 5000miles. Same engine is treated different ways in different countries depending on what unit they use.. :speechless-smiley-004: (Also to note that there are many countries that have far worse climate than SL right?)

Serviceinterval_zps7bcba023.jpg

Edited by kmeeg

What does the agent say?

Normally for a brand new vehicle, there is an oil change in the first 1000Kms. I have read that ATF should be changed in the first 15000Kms too to get rid of the initial shavings off metal and clutch plates.

Your best bet is to check with Stafford and ask them to recommend the best course of action.

If you are still in doubt, I say best is to do all the changes at once for peace of mind.

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 1

Thanks Don! But I really mean the following queries..

Should I do the first service in 1000 - 1500 kms ? Is it only oil + filter or should I change ATF too? Which oil I should use? semi or fully syntactic?

In the good old days, this is exactly what was done, but engineering has become so precise now, if you see metal shavings in oil etc, its usually indicative of a problem these days.

Anyway VVTi is right. While the vehicle is under warranty (I assume the vehicle is brand new since you ask about the first 1000kms) always follow agent instructions to preserve the vehicle warranty.

• 2 weeks later...
Had a test drive recently and seems to be a decent vehicle for 5.6 - 6.0 million range.

It's actually 4.9 - 5.3m

5.3m - Z Grade Navi package at the current Yen rate, and the Yen is rising again, hence it may go up in another 100K in next week.

Edited by kushan

Thanks Don! But I really mean the following queries..

Should I do the first service in 1000 - 1500 kms ? Is it only oil + filter or should I change ATF too? Which oil I should use? semi or fully syntactic?

It has a dual clutch gearbox, shouldnt it use some different kind of fluid?

Hi Guys, May be a stupid question do we have 4WD on Z grade ?

No, but yes in X and X.L Hybrid grades

No...

Hybrid Z, Gasoline X and Gasoline S come only in FF form.

dude, Hybrid X comes with FF and 4WD, and Hybrid X.L comes only with 4WD but with more options when comparing with Hybrid X.

And Gasoline G comes with FF and 4WD

Edited by kushan

No, but yes in X and X.L Hybrid grades

dude, Hybrid X comes with FF and 4WD, and Hybrid X.L comes only with 4WD but with more options when comparing with Hybrid X.

And Gasoline G comes with FF and 4WD

I don't get the point you are making ! and you have missed the point I was making.

I just said Hybrid Z comes in FF and Gasoline X and Gasoline S comes in FF. Basically listed out the grades that come in ONLY in FF. Didn't want to elaborate on the entire damn range <i.e. The point which you missed > ! If DCL wants an AWD it is easier to list out the ones that are only in FF so that he can stay away from those rather than list out all the per-mutable variations that have AWD.