• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Beware, Vezels Are Invading The Country. Good Bye All Ion & Prmios.

knightowl

Astounded by the sheer numbers reaching the country, this and the Fit.. Maybe due the affordability point as well, as its a brand new suv in the 5-6 mil bracket and massive peer pressure on attractive lease facilities for them hybrids.

As far as I know some had an issue with gear boxes and were recalled. Also even though this is a suv, it is a FWD vehicle. Also the engine is 1500cc. I don't think this is not sufficient for a SUV. (However this is light weight)

yes,I found more infor in some old thread.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/15973-toyota-prius-honda-fit-vezel-recall-information/?hl=vezel

probably car dealers are taking the Lankan buyers for a ride,eh?

As far as I know some had an issue with gear boxes and were recalled. Also even though this is a suv, it is a FWD vehicle. Also the engine is 1500cc. I don't think this is not sufficient for a SUV. (However this is light weight)

It is actually a cross-over vehicle not a SUV...it comes in both FWD and AWD variants...depends on which one you buy. Obviously the cheaper variant is the FWD. It comes with either a 1500cc gasoline engine or as a Hybrid with a 1500cc engine. Having driven both, the gasoline engine feels morepeppier to drive than the Hybrid but a tad under powered. The Hybrid although a little lazy to react was adequate in the power department.

[email protected] dealers have been taking the lankan buyers for a ride for decades...nothing new about that. The irony is that the Lankan car buyers' learning curve is not that very great (or they simply don't care as long as it is cheap or is the current fad or is able to impress the next door guy)

• Like 4

The issue however was not a hardware fault. Flash the new software and you were good to go. I think you can get it done from Stafford even. Only thing is they will charge for it unlike in Japan.

But I do wonder if the Vezel is as popular in Japan as it is here? Apparently there were only 200000 or so Insights sold world wide, and you would think half of them are now here judging by the frequency you see them on SL roads.

But I do wonder if the Vezel is as popular in Japan as it is here? Apparently there were only 200000 or so Insights sold world wide, and you would think half of them are now here judging by the frequency you see them on SL roads.

No idea what the actual figures are but you do see quite a few of them around here...but not in the same numbers as the Aqua and the Fit though. Interestingly I swear I see more Premios/Allions in Sri Lanka than in Japan.

Driven one to Hikkaduwa and back it is OK spacious not very comfortable if you hit a pothole you can count how many rocks are there in it as you feel every little pebble on to the steering wheel. One thing I've noticed was when you close and open the power windows the upper part where the window seals up tends to move about dono if its badly made or its some engineering thing that helps the windows to seal up properly.

• Like 1

So finally got to drive a vezzel today although it was just for like 200-300M, aaaand i loved it. the interior didnt feel too plasticy like the new toyota's and the cockpit looks really nice compared to most vehicles in that range, also there was loads of space for even the rear passengers (headroom and legroom). i just drove it from one building to another on a road filled with tiny potholes and it wasnt that uncomfortable as ^ Dinukap4 says. i have driven a Vitz and my corona on that same road and this felt way better compared to them

This thing is way better than your average premio's and axio's, so honestly its not a bad thing that these are "Invading the country"

• Like 3

Of late common sense have decended in the used car market. Nearly all vehicles have lost value from their original reconditioned sale prices :)

Hybrids will drop further to compensate for battery replacement and other niggles associated with the technology.

So finally got to drive a vezzel today although it was just for like 200-300M, aaaand i loved it. the interior didnt feel too plasticy like the new toyota's and the cockpit looks really nice compared to most vehicles in that range, also there was loads of space for even the rear passengers (headroom and legroom). i just drove it from one building to another on a road filled with tiny potholes and it wasnt that uncomfortable as ^ Dinukap4 says. i have driven a Vitz and my corona on that same road and this felt way better compared to them

This thing is way better than your average premio's and axio's, so honestly its not a bad thing that these are "Invading the country"

Well I find the Vitz uncomfortable too (don't hate, my butt cheeks and hands must be very sensitive :sad-smiley-067: ), never driven a corona though.

Well I find the Vitz uncomfortable too (don't hate, my butt cheeks and hands must be very sensitive :sad-smiley-067: ), never driven a corona though.

the corona is more comfortable than the vitz on that road, but the vezel felt even better there

For some reason the name is a put off.. Vezel... Vessel.... Vesi..... Vassal.. Vassi.... I dunno......

I came in my Vesi.... I came in my vassi.

Sort of implies you are bonking a hooker or a cow to get to your destination. Or a pot.

• Like 5

the problem is in the 200-300M drive try to take it around more when you do get a chance.

yeap, i need to drive it longer and see. but still its not a bad ride as to feel how many rocks in pothole (not figuratively)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just wondering to upgrade my ride to a Honda Vezel? I have below questions in my mind don't know whether some one has already ask these on another thread and I'm repeating the same... If So apologies.

1. Out of Honda Vezel Models what's the best on Fuel Economy? Eg : Z , XL etc
  2. What would be the right price for above ?
  3. What are other hybrid SUV's we have for above budget ?
  4. Does anyone have a clue what will happened to vehicle prices on November budget?

Rgds,

DCL

Edited by DCL
  • Like 1

Hi Guys,

Just wondering to upgrade my ride to a Honda Vezel? I have below questions in my mind don't know whether some one has already ask these on another thread and I'm repeating the same... If So apologies.

4. Does anyone have a clue what will happened to vehicle prices on November budget?

Rgds,

DCL

Predicting the budget would be next to impossible unless you are very very connected. And those who are won't spill the beans for us regular Joes. Only way to know for sure, is to wait it out. Regardless of the budget, vehicle prices have been all over the place in recent years if I'm not mistaken. And there are dozens of factors that can sway a hybrid's price.

Hi Guys,

Rgds,

DCL

1. According to Honda web site, the FWD basic grade is the most fuel efficient as 27km/l in testing conditions. But X, Z grades are more closely as 26km/l and 24.2km/l respectively. Fuel figures are bit poor when it comes to AWD versions. It is closely 23 - 20 km/l depending on the basic, X, and XL grades. But we can't expect such fuel figures here in SL. I guess it might be like 15-20 depending on the traffic and road conditions

2. If you buy it from a local car sale or importer, X grade (FWD / AWD) going for 5.6 - 5.8 mil and Z / XL would be 6.0 - 6.2 mil depending on the additions. Basic grade is very rear to see in car sales. But if you are importing one, according to the current yen rate & taxes, you can get X grade one for 5.1 - 5.3 mil and Z grade for 5.4 - 5.6 mil.

3. AFAIK, vezel is not a SUV. It's a crossover vehicle and someone defining it as urban SUV. Dunno much on other hybrid SUVs.

4. God & MR knows :)

If you're going to buy one, I advice you not to buy from here. Try to import one through an importer which would save 5-6 lacks from your money. Also you can check the vehicle details and the condition online before the importer make bids. But be careful on the budget too.

Edited by overTuned
  • Like 2

1. According to Honda web site, the FWD basic grade is the most fuel efficient as 27km/l in testing conditions. But X, Z grades are more closely as 26km/l and 24.2km/l respectively. Fuel figures are bit poor when it comes to AWD versions. It is closely 23 - 20 km/l depending on the basic, X, and XL grades. But we can't expect such fuel figures here in SL. I guess it might be like 15-20 depending on the traffic and road conditions

2. If you buy it from a local car sale or importer, X grade (FWD / AWD) going for 5.6 - 5.8 mil and Z / XL would be 6.0 - 6.2 mil depending on the additions. Basic grade is very rear to see in car sales. But if you are importing one, according to the current yen rate & taxes, you can get X grade one for 5.1 - 5.3 mil and Z grade for 5.4 - 5.6 mil.

3. AFAIK, vezel is not a SUV. It's a crossover vehicle and someone defining it as urban SUV. Dunno much on other hybrid SUVs.

4. God & MR knows :)

If you're going to buy one, I advice you not to buy from here. Try to import one through an importer which would save 5-6 lacks from your money. Also you can check the vehicle details and the condition online before the importer make bids. But be careful on the budget too.

Well, you need to look for the chassis code not the grade to decide whether it's AWD or FWD. RU4 is the AWD one.

Both X and Z grades are coming under FWD, and also in RU3 chassis, it may come under RU4 also. So the fuel figures are same within the same chassis. Z grade is the highest grade where you can get all the set of options.

Vezel is being called as HR-V in USA and they have targeted it for urban areas so it goes as Urban SUV.

http://automobiles.honda.com/hr-v/

Vezel is being called as HR-V in USA and they have targeted it for urban areas so it goes as Urban SUV.

http://automobiles.honda.com/hr-v/

Oh i did not know that HR-V is available in US market. Below is the picture of the honda vehicles commonly available in US market. I have label each category thinking it might help. But again all i said was "i did not know that HR-V is available in US market".

Hondavehicles_zpsec117908.jpg