• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hilux Question

knightowl

The tank was 3/4 full. I first noticed this when was on the way to candy where I stopped at Perera & sons in Kurunegala. The parking lot has a bit of a slope. It started with a loud noise and I noticed that the cab was parked slightly nose down position.

After that the same thing happened a few times and always the cab was parked in a nose down position. Strange? But there should be an explanation.

The tank was 3/4 full. I first noticed this when was on the way to candy where I stopped at Perera & sons in Kurunegala. The parking lot has a bit of a slope. It started with a loud noise and I noticed that the cab was parked slightly nose down position.

After that the same thing happened a few times and always the cab was parked in a nose down position. Strange? But there should be an explanation.

Check where the intake lines are located. Also check if the breather line/valve is not blocked up.

• 2 years later...
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:34 AM, knightowl said:

Problem solved after few years of no solution. I wanted to get the injectors cleaned, then only they found that the turbo is leaking. The oil gets collected in the turbo. replaced the turbo. No smoke greatly improved pulling power.

Nice to hear that you got it solved.

I have a 2007 Hilux HL3, 2.5 liter intercooler turbo.

Nearing 200k KMs now and the turbo does not perform like earlier. I believe the fault should be similar to yours.

Mind sharing details on how much the turbo cost you and where you sourced it from?

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:39 AM, knightowl said:

About 67,000. Not the original from the company which would have cost far too much.

Thanks. That's a good price cos I think TL price is well over 100k. I might be wrong though...

I guess yours is the normal turbo as well and not the VGT one that's found in most Thai trucks.