• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi 4Dr5 J44 Restoration

Nishan.dj

Hi guys,

Just to share what I experience from my 4DR5 Restoration project, I thought of sharing this video with you all. Upgrades are still being carried out whenever I get time. I wanted a classic look and tried to keep the colors and look original while options are being added. I learnt a lot from this project and that is what I see is important. :) You may leave a comment if you like it. Thanks for reading this.

Edited by Nishan.dj
  • Like 2

nicely done. i like when its kept original outside looks great

Thanks and yes it looks same as it was on good old days. :)

awsome work buddy.. fellow jeep lover here...have u taken it off road already....

I am not a hardcore off-roader but do some adventure tours.

here is a track I tried recently.

https://goo.gl/maps/vMzYi

it was superb and kind of thrilling. You could try it sometimes.

http://trips.lakdasun.org/cascades-of-matale-illukkumbura-pallegama-road.htm

Kambarawa to Illukkumbura

Edited by Nishan.dj

Hi mensoft,
Of course. The paint and tinkering was done at a plant at matale owned to a toyota employee. He comes and goes but people who work there maintain the quality of the work. They also do electrical and mechanics too.

But engine mods were done at a place at piliyandala and they do quality works too. I plan to do the drum to disc conversion little later. Because they know the stuff and do it right though it's bit expensive but it seems reasonable with the quality of the work we get.
Carpets and canopy was done at horana cousion and I don't need to say more about them. :)
Air conditioning was done by a person from horana who specializes on jeeps. So he knows where to put what stuff and you can handover the vehicle to him and come home without a doubt.
If you want their contact details pm me. (Hope that is ok.)
Thanks.

Edited by Nishan.dj