• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Reviews For Latest Mazda 6

ModX

Have you owned a mazda axela older one before?If not you can buy a 2007 one around 2.8m which is best value for your needs.You get all the sporty experience and looks you are looking for and can save a huge amount of money.Mind you that too much sporty feeling can get annoying sometimes if you are used to driving an allion.I suggest you to buy a mazda 3 ride it as much as you like sell it and if you loved the sportiness of it buy the mazda 6 when the prices are down...spending 6m on a mazda in sri lanka is not a good idea,unless you are a huge fan of mazda...

Thanks Mate.

Yes, my first vehicle was Axela, like you pointed it is a good vehicle compare with same class.

Since this time I am going with a permit I thought of buying re-condition Mazda 6 in-case if I can get it between 4.5 mill - 5 mill.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the Premio exactly the same car as the Allion underneath? I read somewhere, the Premio is targeted at the older crowd, while the Allion is more youth oriented?

Yes you are correct.

So if you are going for a Premio, you'd be buying the exact same car as your Allion. I'd say if you are up for it go for a previous gen Mazda 6/Atenza or a 4th gen Subaru Legacy.

Thanks brother.

I believe GT 86 is same as Scion FR-S right?

In my experience sure its fun to drive but no comfort (after you drove Allion). The center controls are more like in 141. Interior does not look that good and more of rough look. Driving position is is low and not sure you will feel comfortable driving bumper to bumper in Colombo traffic. Practically rear seats cannot be used but enough for 2 kids. You probably need a comfortable child seat to give them a comfortable ride. The one i test drive had a Subaru 2L boxer engine with 6 speed manual RWD. It had basic Poineer sound system and the dealer said their is a Premium sound version as well. Not sure what versions available for Toyota GT86. Hope this features are closer to the GT 86.

KMeeg.

Absolutely correct machan, fun to drive but not enough space :) like Ruslan mentioned we cannot compare these two isn't.

Edited by mazda axela

In my experience sure its fun to drive but no comfort (after you drove Allion). The center controls are more like in 141. Interior does not look that good and more of rough look. Driving position is is low and not sure you will feel comfortable driving bumper to bumper in Colombo traffic. Practically rear seats cannot be used but enough for 2 kids. You probably need a comfortable child seat to give them a comfortable ride. The one i test drive had a Subaru 2L boxer engine with 6 speed manual RWD. It had basic Poineer sound system and the dealer said their is a Premium sound version as well. Not sure what versions available for Toyota GT86. Hope this features are closer to the GT 86.

KMeeg.

Absolutely correct machan, fun to drive but not enough space :) BTW like Ruslan mentioned we cannot compare these two isn't.

KMeeg.

And the award for completely missing the point of a GT86 goes to.... this guy!

And the award for completely missing the point of a GT86 goes to.... this guy!

Hehh heee.. True machan... :mosking:

Here is the funniest part behind this test drive of the FR-S. First of all sorry to take this off the point of Mazda 6. I was looking for a second car for my self. So i started with a 2014 Corolla 6 speed man. Then this Scion FR-S which was slightly above the Corolla price range. Then dealer showed me the Camry 3.5L sports version with pedal shifts. Which to be honest i liked it with the features it came with. Guess what.. Ended up with a Toyota Venza AWD which is a crossover and no where near the category of sporty and having some fun with the car.. :speechless-smiley-004: Not sure if this qualify for "Autolanka Funniest"... :sport-smiley-004:

Sorry for posting off the topic but just posted this thinking this will be a fun story for been dumb myself..

KMeeg.

Edited by kmeeg

in SL under the permit, mazda6 comes with 2 versions brand new. 2.0 litre skyactiv with 155 bhp and 2.5litre with 185bhp. The 2.0 litre may be a bit underpowered for hills even though its fine for around town. I own a 2014 mazda3 so I have spoken to the agents during servicing and the 6 does around 12km/l which is great for that class of car. but they will lose value quickly like all bigger displacement large cars in SL. So be prepared to take a hit on the depreciation. I wasn't willing to take that hit and opted for the 2014 3, since I just needed a daily runner to take me around town to work and back.

Edited by RWD

in SL under the permit, mazda6 comes with 2 versions brand new. 2.0 litre skyactiv with 155 bhp and 2.5litre with 185bhp. The 2.0 litre may be a bit underpowered for hills even though its fine for around town. I own a 2014 mazda3 so I have spoken to the agents during servicing and the 6 does around 12km/l which is great for that class of car. but they will lose value quickly like all bigger displacement large cars in SL. So be prepared to take a hit on the depreciation. I wasn't willing to take that hit and opted for the 2014 3, since I just needed a daily runner to take me around town to work and back.

How much does your Mazda 3 do in Colombo?

There is a hybrid version too but i guess no one has imported yet

the hybrid version is japan only spec I believe. my one comes with the traditional 1.6litre mzr. I get around 8 in colombo, have not taken it out of town yet.

the 1.6 is ok around town-but lacks torque and doesn't have enough guts when you want to have a bit of fun. I wish they had the 2.0litre skyactiv which other markets get. But its not available on permit.

Edited by RWD

Thanks brother, how much was it cost.

doesn't 2litre with only 155HP sound a bit low?

Euro engines(even the Civic Type-R,developed in Germany) already get 280+ HP with 2litre GDI engines.

The 2015 Type-R will come with 300+HP,it seems.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/honda-civic-type-r-auf-dem-autosalon-genf-top-civic-ab-2015-mit-320-ps-5723103.html

sorry to go OT.

Euro engines(even the Civic Type-R,developed in Germany) already get 280+ HP with 2litre GDI engines.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/honda-civic-type-r-auf-dem-autosalon-genf-top-civic-ab-2015-mit-320-ps-5723103.html

sorry to go OT.

You can't compare the power of a family sedan with the power of performance oriented Type-R.

For a 2L family sedan ( with usual weight) 155HP was never considered as underpowered.

basically you r right machan.

but my point was why the Civic engine with same displacement gives more than twice the power as this Skyactiv technology from Mazda?

why arent the Japanese getting the most juice out of their engines first,before adding extra motors and batteries to increase power?

Edited by RViji

but my point was why the Civic engine with same displacement gives more than twice the power as this Skyactiv technology from Mazda?

why arent the Japanese getting the most juice out of their engines first,before adding extra motors and batteries to increase power?

Because of something a lot of people seem to take for granted these days...a "gentlemen's agreement" on mutual restraint (jishu-kisei). In the 70s car manufacturers came to a gentlemen's agreement to limit speed to 180kmph in the interest of public safety after government concerns of road fatalities. In the 80s they extended it to limiting horsepower to 250 again in the interest of public safety.

EDIT: The article is old but covers the topic...

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2008/04/13/travel/why-japan-finally-got-its-foot-off-the-brake/#.VAOrs_mSxEs

Edited by iRage

sorry to go OT.

Its not because they can't get more power. Sky active is a series of technologies aimed at fuel economy. These engines are not geared towards performance. That is the only reason. Getting more power will come at the cost of fuel economy and sometimes low end torque.

If Mazda wanted to, they would have gotten 300 bhp out of the same engine, but that defeats the objective. I was recently looking at an engine developed by Nissan which developed 200 bhp from a 1.6L engine, naturally aspirated. And this was in 1970!!!!!

Also you miss the point of extra motors batteries etc. They are for energy recovery and re use. All of this is about increasing the efficiency of a motor vehicle, which usually runs at about 40% efficiency I believe. A lot of energy is wasted as heat, friction and various mechanical losses...

• 1 month later...

I am looking for Mazda 6 via my own permit and got the prices from both C*mart and C*loni.

Price

C*mart quote 5.2 mill and C*loni quote 6.6 mill for cash and 5.55 mill for permit.

Delivery

C*mart told I have to wait for one and half months for the delivery.

C*loni told they will utilise my permit to someone else and can give one from their ex stock.

(I am willing to utilize my permit rather than getting from another, in that case they told I have to wait up to December or January/2015.

Since we are expecting budget for next year I am afraid to wait till Dec/Jan)

Even though, the price is less from C*mart I am thinking twice because of my past experience(after sale service) with them.

Other than that both saying they will give 3 years warranty and etc.

Please advice.

Edited by mazda axela