• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Reviews For Latest Mazda 6

ModX

Guys!

I'm on the market for a vehicle these days. Maximum I could go for is 7M. In return I'd expect a good looking reliable sedan car with spacious interior. Fuel economy is not an issue. Set my eyes on Mazda 6 but I'm worried about spare parts and reliability. Could anyone shed some light? Is Mazda 6 a good vehicle for daily drive. Any current owners? Appreciate your feed back.

Having said that, are there any other vehicles I can opt in for the given budget?

Mazda 6 is a great looking car with a beautiful interior. I will be a great choice. And I don't think spare parts will be a problem.

But I think if you don't mind a registered vehicle. I think these are also some good cars you can look at:

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=151300

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=149482

http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=151884

It's one of the best looking cars out there and full of options....spare parts won't be a issue.. after mazda 323 there are plenty of mazda parts available in the market....The only negative side will be the 2nd hand market value won't hold steady as a Toyota in that price range....If you haven't owned a mazda before have to say mazdas suspension system may be bit stiffer than to your liking,you feel the road a bit,you hear the road noise a bit and somewhat bumpy in sri lankan roads,mazdas are built with the sport feeling in mind,...but handling and performance are best in that class...If you can test drive a vehicle that would be good....

I am not a current owner, but I wouldn't worry about spare parts for a Mazda 6. Especially if you buy it brand new, you do get a 3-year warranty.

May I also suggest the brand new Ford Focus? Looks a beaut, the fully loaded version has nearly all options of a Merc or Bimmer, comes with a 4-year warranty and I can vouch for its reliability. The fully loaded one costs 5.2 mill + the cost of a permit.

Test drove a Mazda Atenza sometime ago (nearly 2 years ?)...can't remember specifics but I remember it being quite fun to drive being more nimble and responsive than the new Camry and lighter than a Marx X (the Marx was actually pretty nice to drive albeit a bit on the softer side on the steering). As someone mentioned the suspension was a bit stiffer which added to the sportiness. The interior felt a bit snug than the latter two though but I can't remember in issues of cheapness. Didn't like the diesel it was typically diesel like and sounded like a tractor (tested a diesel Axela in Feb and that was the same)

Just my two cents, with that kind of budget, I would highly recommend going for a brand new agent imported vehicle. Random johnnies who run car sales in this country appear to give some kind of 'sterling' and other whatnot warranties, but agents are backed by manufacturers and they hold much more accountability than car sale mudalalis.

• 3 months later...

On resale value,It won't be easy as selling a toyota,But there will be people who's willing to buy,Just don't keep high hopes on resale values,Resale value on mazdas change frequently and unpredictable,I don't know about the price but lets say you get it down for 6m be ready to sell it for like about 3-4m after some..

On resale value,It won't be easy as selling a toyota,But there will be people who's willing to buy,Just don't keep high hopes on resale values,Resale value on mazdas change frequently and unpredictable,I don't know about the price but lets say you get it down for 6m be ready to sell it for like about 3-4m after some..

:sad-smiley-050: it is very bad

What do you think, with the permit if we can get a re-condition(within 1 year) for less than 5 mill we won't loss that much right.

Guys, can you please give me some idea regarding the latest Mazda 6 in terms of fuel consumption, maintenance, re-sale value etc

If re sale is important for you, then buy a very popular car in SL after about 2 years, because at which point the initial depreciation will always take place. The Mazda 6 is a lovely looking car, but not many of them around.

Judging by your question, I think if you want a car in the same car as the Mazda 6 go for an Allion 260.

If re sale is important for you, then buy a very popular car in SL after about 2 years, because at which point the initial depreciation will always take place. The Mazda 6 is a lovely looking car, but not many of them around.

Judging by your question, I think if you want a car in the same car as the Mazda 6 go for an Allion 260.

Thanks Don,

I just sold out my Allion and looking for some change

BTW I am considering the Premio as well but my only concern is, it is not that much sporty look.

Thanks Don,

BTW I am considering the Premio as well but my only concern is, it is not that much sporty look.

True man, this is indeed the dilemma. There is also the Toyota GT 86 which is a 2 door though and a proper sports car.

The thing is you need to decide on your priorities. Sporty cars are still a nieche market in SL and so are big luxury cars. You can always go for the smaller Mazda 3 which has a better market.

Euros will give you what you want but you need to be prepared for higher servicing costs. But a Mercedes as they give you the least hassle.

Thanks Don,

Have you owned a mazda axela older one before?If not you can buy a 2007 one around 2.8m which is best value for your needs.You get all the sporty experience and looks you are looking for and can save a huge amount of money.Mind you that too much sporty feeling can get annoying sometimes if you are used to driving an allion.I suggest you to buy a mazda 3 ride it as much as you like sell it and if you loved the sportiness of it buy the mazda 6 when the prices are down...spending 6m on a mazda in sri lanka is not a good idea,unless you are a huge fan of mazda...

Thanks Don,

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the Premio exactly the same car as the Allion underneath? I read somewhere, the Premio is targeted at the older crowd, while the Allion is more youth oriented?

So if you are going for a Premio, you'd be buying the exact same car as your Allion. I'd say if you are up for it go for a previous gen Mazda 6/Atenza or a 4th gen Subaru Legacy.

True man, this is indeed the dilemma. There is also the Toyota GT 86 which is a 2 door though and a proper sports car.

I believe GT 86 is same as Scion FR-S right?

In my experience sure its fun to drive but no comfort (after you drove Allion). The center controls are more like in 141. Interior does not look that good and more of rough look. Driving position is is low and not sure you will feel comfortable driving bumper to bumper in Colombo traffic. Practically rear seats cannot be used but enough for 2 kids. You probably need a comfortable child seat to give them a comfortable ride. The one i test drive had a Subaru 2L boxer engine with 6 speed manual RWD. It had basic Poineer sound system and the dealer said their is a Premium sound version as well. Not sure what versions available for Toyota GT86. Hope this features are closer to the GT 86.

KMeeg.

I believe GT 86 is same as Scion FR-S right?

In my experience sure its fun to drive but no comfort (after you drove Allion). The center controls are more like in 141. Interior does not look that good and more of rough look. Driving position is is low and not sure you will feel comfortable driving bumper to bumper in Colombo traffic. Practically rear seats cannot be used but enough for 2 kids. You probably need a comfortable child seat to give them a comfortable ride. The one i test drive had a Subaru 2L boxer engine with 6 speed manual RWD. It had basic Poineer sound system and the dealer said their is a Premium sound version as well. Not sure what versions available for Toyota GT86. Hope this features are closer to the GT 86.

KMeeg.

Machan seriously, you cannot compare GT86 to a family sedan. Its not everyday jonnies car. As top gears jeremey said its made for enthussiats :) not for A to B trips.