• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 3 Or Axela (1.5L)

sammycajer

Guys,

Im planning to buy a Mazda 3 or Axela ride. I have no idea about Mazda. So, i have few doubts about it.

1. What is the different between Mazda 3 & Axela

2. How much is the average fuel consumption of these vehicles

Please help me solve these probs...

Thanks.

mazda 3 and axela are both made in japan..mazda 3 is made for the European market and mazda axela is the japan domestic vehicle.(JDM)

In sri lanka mazda 3 carries a 1.6cc engine with 110bhp while axela carries a 1.5cc engine with 118bhp.

Other than that there are only few interior and exterior differences.

mazda axela

Quality Fabric seats

pre 2005 axelas/3 carries red transparent tail lights

pre 2006 Front grill silver lining is not present.

Original axela carries soft shock absorber setup

Rear drum brakes

some pre 2005 axelas comes with cable throttle body

mazda 3

Leather seats

rear disk brakes

somewhat stiffer shock absorber setup

comes with drive by wire throttle body

other than that no difference

axela is economical than the 3,but not by a huge margin,I guess axela has a better acceleration compared to the 3.

my manual axela does 10 city 15 out (with occasional hard throttle)

I don't know about mazda axella, but I bought a Mazda 3 face lifted model (smiling face) about 1.5 months back. Fuel economy is around 8kmpl in Colombo. But my previous car was a manual and this one is an auto and still I'm new to auto. May be that's why it's low.

Over all superb car with grate handling and cornering abilities. Superb pickup. And a solid car.

In my opinion a strong car too, since I met with an accident just after 1 week of buying. A maruti came and hit from back in the traffic. The Maruti ended up with a new shell, lights, radiator, twisted bonnet. But mine had only loosing the 2 reflectors in the rear buffer and the number plate holder. Shown it to Mazna Motors and they said no damage to the car.

I heard that Axella got better options because the agent (C*rM*rt) has ordered only the basic features do have the cost down even for permit holders.

• 2 weeks later...
In my opinion a strong car too

That's true, but that doesn't mean it's not safe as well. You were lucky that you were hit from behind. Gently nudge it from the front and the front crumple zone will literally crumple. That's safe as hell for the occupants but not so nice to repair :)