• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is It Ok To Shift Gear Ti Neutral While Driving Automatic Transmission

ColomboRox

Is it ok to shift gear ti neutral while driving automatic transmission, it will save gass when driving downhill..I'm doing it for long time now is that harm the engine or is it good or bad for the vehicle???

Turn the entire engine off. It will save more fuel.

On a more serious note i think putting it to N is useless and more importantly its dangerous. Havent you seen sign boards on hilly roads where it says dont drive in neutral and carry photos of an accident? Lorry drivers usually do this. In other words this is a big No.

Edited by ramishkad

Is it ok to shift gear ti neutral while driving automatic transmission, it will save gass when driving downhill..I'm doing it for long time now is that harm the engine or is it good or bad for the vehicle???

its a good practise. I fully support it. Newtonian physics are combined with Darwinism at play here.. we would like to see who wins. Please update us the results after a trip to N-Eliya through Radalla. :)