• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Car For Around 3 Million

ozzie

Question

Hi Everyone

I am a new member and I am hoping to buy a new vehicle.

My budget is around 3 Million and I was looking at a Honda fit, Toyota Aqua (Registered) Or something similar.

I have read many threads and most of them seem out dated.

If you can please state your thoughts, and if you had around 3 Million, what you would purchase, would appriciate it.

Thanks in advance

If I had 3m I would go for a 2007/08 Mazda Axela, or if I can stretch the budget little bit more a 2007/08 Lancer EX :smilie_liebe9:

It really depends on your preferences, if you are in to hybrids, I recommend the fit. You would be able to grab a unreg one for 3m.

• Like 1

If you are looking for Hybrid hatch backs, those are the only two options out there. Get a piece of paper and list down pros & cons of those two cars. That way you can decide for yourself what would be the best for you.

What is the point of asking what would we strangers buy if we had 3mil. Everyone has defferent tastes and different priorities. Those two facts play a major role in deciding what car which you wanna buy. So one can say that he will buy a RX8 while another would prefer a Vios. As for me, if i had 3 millon i would definetely buy my self a used Lancer EX.

If you are not entiry looking for Hybrids, 2007 Axio would be a good choice too.

Best of luck.

Hi

Thanks for all your messages, I appriciate it.

I actually found an Lancer EX manual 2008 for 2.9 Million. But I was not compelled satisfied enough, then I had another offer for a Mercedez Benz C180 (W203) 2003 for 2.2 Million.

The only reason I opted for an Aqua or an Fit Hybrid was because that has a real market for those vehicles, according to my research a very few wanted/had an Lancer EX, its none the less an good vehicle, and I would definietly consider getting an EX, if only it would have been an automatic.

I wanted to know if you had 3 Million what vehicle you would purchase to get an rough idea on how people liked/wanted to get a proper vehicle as you state due to personal taste.

I have checked Unreg Honda Fit GP1 for 3 million, but I was not able to find any, just registerd 2011/2012 ones.

Thanks again

My views on the Aqua G grade, after having a decent drive on a friends car;

Looks; Exterior rather pleasing to the eye and feels well made,

however the interior is quite plasticky, looks decent, more budget oriented than quality. Cow friendly. Decent aircon and ample leg and headroom.

Decent space behind the rear seats enough to accomodate 1 large suitcase.

Display / Speedo rather confusing but once taught one can understand.

The audio / video unit is totally incomprehensible as its in Jap

Rear view much obscured with or without passengers, factory fitted camera is handy for a newbie

Feel; Rather noisy uncomfortable suspension (car had done under 10000km), Seriously underpowered noted on hilly regions, hideous throttle response. Lot of road noise even on standard tyre pressures. Nice Light steering with decent response,

Economy; the bugger said it does 50kmpl at times, rendering me mute

Not my cup of tea, but hope this helps you with your decision

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

Thanks for your personal review on the Aqua.

I actually thought the vehicle was rather silent, yet too silent, just like the Prius, perhaps he's suspension needs tweeking?

Road noise comparatively to a Fit? I thought the aqua was more silent?

What's your views on the Allion 260, as that is a decent 3.5 Million now? Or would you rather go for an Fit GP5?

Thanks!

Driven 3rd Gen Prius and Aqua, both feels like lown movers to me. lack of throttle response might result in couple of things, E-Throttle plus Hybrid Drive (With Atkinson Cycle Engine Coupled). same feeling when I drove the Premio which Family owns, being it a 1.8 still the E-throttle kills the joy of throttle response in big time.

Edited by Ruslan
  • Like 1

What's your views on the Allion 260, as that is a decent 3.5 Million now? Or would you rather go for an Fit GP5?

There are some reviews about the Allion in AL, do a search. You cannot really compare these two cars because they are two deferent classes. I think the 2008 NZT 260 pre face lift is around 3.6~3.8m now. Personally I would buy an allion, Fit looks too small for me though I like the looks of the GP5. Heard the NZT260 A15 does well on fuel, not like a hybrid, but for its size the figures are acceptable.

Thanks for your personal review on the Aqua.

I actually thought the vehicle was rather silent, yet too silent, just like the Prius, perhaps he's suspension needs tweeking?

Road noise comparatively to a Fit? I thought the aqua was more silent?

Thanks!

Engine was not at all noisy, I was referring to the road noise coming inside and the harsh suspension which was rather noisy.

Drove an Aqua recently and it was super quite (too silent as ozzie mentioned) and didnt feel that it was underpowered. ( might be an different story on a up country drive).

My drive was in hill country as stated

Driven 3rd Gen Prius and Aqua, both feels like lown movers to me. lack of throttle response might result in couple of things, E-Throttle plus Hybrid Drive (With Atkinson Cycle Engine Coupled). same feeling when I drove the Premio which Family owns, being it a 1.8 still the E-throttle kills the joy of throttle response in big time.

As for the Aqua, There was no pedal delay, more or less the engine revving up slowly and or a delay in the motor system to kick in. Only the eco meter responded fast :speechless-smiley-004:

I'm not that educated on the hybrid system or its dynamics and not interested frankly, just gave an overview as an old fashioned motorist.

What about corolla 121? G grade

That looks like An Corolla Axio, 2007?

I think the Hybrid Corolla is much better for a couple of Lakhs more. A registered one could be obtained for 4.2 Million or less, compared to 3.3 Million for this.

There are some reviews about the Allion in AL, do a search. You cannot really compare these two cars because they are two deferent classes. I think the 2008 NZT 260 pre face lift is around 3.6~3.8m now. Personally I would buy an allion, Fit looks too small for me though I like the looks of the GP5. Heard the NZT260 A15 does well on fuel, not like a hybrid, but for its size the figures are acceptable.

I know these two are incomparable, but they are almost in the same family and Budget, an easy 3.5 Million gets you a Allion NZT 260. How much Fuel does the Allion work out for? I rode a Fit recently and I just didn't feel like it was my kind of car, The Car would freeze at times at stops (Not engine shutting down), and the AC seems to be working really slow on ECO mode, comparatively to a Aqua or any other Hybrid the AC works continously and doesn't freeze as much as does the Fit.

Vehicle prices seem to be dropping rather rapidly. Further in a couple of months, I wonder what's going on.

I think the Hybrid Corolla is much better for a couple of Lakhs more. A registered one could be obtained for 4.2 Million or less, compared to 3.3 Million for this.

I

Thats his signature. By Hybrid Corolla you mean the Axio 165 right? Personally I think that car looks like ass. The older Axio 141 looked way better.

And the freeze is not a bug, it's a feature. As iRage mentioned it's the idle stop functionality is most hybrids. When in idle stop some hybrids would have the A/C running slow as you said. But other hybrids (i.e. Civic) have an electric A/C compressor that would run off the hybrid battery, resulting in proper A/C functionality even when on idle stop.

• Like 1

I know these two are incomparable, but they are almost in the same family and Budget, an easy 3.5 Million gets you a Allion NZT 260. How much Fuel does the Allion work out for?

Don't think you would be able to get a 260 for 3.5m now, but in a couple of months who knows? I heard the 260 A15 will do around 10-12kmpl in city and 15-17kmpl out station, the A18 will do more outstation, but it all depends on your driving style. Search the forum, you can get more information on this.

I know these two are incomparable, but they are almost in the same family and Budget, an easy 3.5 Million gets you a Allion NZT 260. How much Fuel does the Allion work out for? I rode a Fit recently and I just didn't feel like it was my kind of car, The Car would freeze at times at stops (Not engine shutting down), and the AC seems to be working really slow on ECO mode, comparatively to a Aqua or any other Hybrid the AC works continously and doesn't freeze as much as does the Fit.

Vehicle prices seem to be dropping rather rapidly. Further in a couple of months, I wonder what's going on.

Actually that's my 'signature'. It's my axio 2008. The one I mentioned was 121 G grade 2004 which you could buy around 2.8M

Biggest joke of the year! This prick thinks I'm jealous (oops! not jelous, damn my spellings) about him buying something around 3M while I have a car which I bought for 3.8M.( So who is jealous now? :speechless-smiley-004: )And the funniest part is first he says his budget is around 3M but talks about getting allions which are around 3.8M nowadays. :sport-smiley-004: . So according to him around 3 million shoud be a wide range like from 2.9M to 5M. :sport-smiley-027:

Dont need to get hasty, I was just making an joke lol. The Axio is great. LOL.

My uncle has a Terious, it whistles when you drive past 40-50KMPH lol. Isn't the IST 2007 not as great as the Aqua comparatively?

Dont need to get hasty, I was just making an joke lol. The Axio is great. LOL.

My uncle has a Terious, it whistles when you drive past 40-50KMPH lol. Isn't the IST 2007 not as great as the Aqua comparatively?

were you really lolling this much? that would make you quite the lolla, no?

• Like 2