• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Katukurunda Drags '14

Andrew_GTR

CMSC DRAG CHAMPIONSHIP 2014

The oldest Motorsport Club in the country Ceylon Motor Sports Club, will once again organize the CMSC DRAG CHAMPIONSHIP on the 24th of August 2014 with the Sri Lanka Air Force, at the Katukurunda Race Track located in Kalutara. A 3-Round Championship will be conducted by the CMSC with the first round slated in August.

The event, which will be held on 24th August, is expected to bring many enthusiasts and spectators alike to the race. Well-known personalities from the Racing community and exotic vehicles are scheduled to make a presence on the legendary Katukurunda racetrack in anticipation for a great day of racing.

The event will ensure that Drag Racing in Sri Lanka would be taken to new heights in the coming future. This will certainly help more enthusiasts to compete in the ‘Drag race’. As the event will be held at a sanctioned venue, it will require only a valid driving license and the competitor’s street vehicle. This is one way in which the regular/general publics are allowed to experience a racing situation whilst being controlled by a recognized club.

For more information about the Drags or the Ceylon Motor Sports Club please join the Facebook fan page or visit the Ceylon Motor Sports Club, at #2/1 Hunupitiya Rd Colombo 02 (Between – 9.00 am & 4.30 p.m. on weekdays). Call 0727645081.

ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN AT THE CMSC OFFICE

RACE CLASSES
11. CLASSES AND ENGINES
11.1. CLASSES

Class 1: Cars upto 1000cc – N/A
Class 2: Cars upto 1300cc – N/A
Class 3: Cars 1301cc upto 1500cc – N/A
Class 4: Cars 1501cc upto 1600cc – N/A
Class 5: Cars 1601cc upto 2200cc – N/A
Class 6: Cars upto 1600cc turbo open
Class 7: Cars Open 2WD
Class 8: Cars upto 3500cc AWD Stock Turbo Charged
Class 9: Cars Open 4WD
Class 10: T & J Open (Trucks & Jeeps)

•N/A - Normally Aspirated.

*** Cars will be allowed to take part in upto 2 (two) events.
E.g - A competitor in the 'Cars upto 1600cc turbo open' will be allowed to compete in the 'Cars open 2WD' with the same vehicle. However, two entries must be lodged with the CMSC before race day and the relevant payment made ***

Bike Event List:
Class 1: Super Motard 250
{over 100cc upto 125 cc (2T) and over 125 cc up to 250cc (4T)}
Class 2: Super Motard Open including 250cc up to 1100cc (2T & 4T)
Class 3: Modified Motorcycles Open over 250cc
Class 4: Standard Modified Motorcycles over 100cc up to 125cc (2T)
Class 5: Standard Modified Motorcycles over 175cc up to 250cc (4T)

13. ENTRIES
13.1.Entry Dates: As Of Now
Opening Dates : 5th August '14
Closing Date : 18th August '14 at 4pm

13.2. Entry Fee: 3000rs Cars
1500rs Bikes

This amount goes directly to the Air Force Seva Vanitha Unit to assist the differently abled children of the Air Force personnel. Completed entry form must be submitted with full entry fee to specified collection centre. post-2714-0-73302800-1407871303_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Entry List for the CMSC-SLAF Katukurunda Drags '14 -

4WD OPEN:
Missaka Naveen - Mitsubishi Evolution 3
Kaushalya Samarasinghe - Mitsubishi Evolution 5
Ishan Munaweera - Subaru STi 5
Darin Weerasinghe - Nissan GTR Nismo
Eroth Karunaratne - Nissan GTR
Rohitha Rajapakse - Nissan GTR AMS

3500cc AWD Stock Turbo:
Dileepa Karunathilaka - Mitsubishi Evolution 6
Pasindu Peiris - Mitsubishi Evolution 7
Ayesh Bäñðárà - Mitsubishi Evolution 6
Raveen Senavirathne - Mitsubishi Evolution 3
Anurudha Peiris - Mitsubishi Evolution 6
Anushka Peiris - Subaru STi 5
Shirendra Lawrence - Subaru STi 8
Janake Tillekeratne - Subaru STi 9
Andrew Choksy - Subaru WRX 7
Ashard Irshard - Subaru WRX STi 8
Pubunu Kamalakesha - Subaru STi 5
Mohammed Nauffer - Subaru STi 5

2WD OPEN:
Dishan De Costa - Trueno Turbo SR20
Lakmal Ratnayake - Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
Tharindu Peiris - Nissan 180sx Turbo
Kavinda Weerasooriya - Nissan Silvia S15
Clement Senaratne - Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
Shamil Eliyas - Civic EK3 B20
Irfan Fuard - Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
Nilantha Ratnayake - Toyota Starlet GT
Rohitha Rajapakse - Shelby Mustang GT500 Super Snake
Dinesh Jayawardene - Ford 1600

1600cc TURBO:
Nalaka Peiris - Toyota Starlet GT
Dilan Seneviratne - Citroen Ds3 Racing
Shehan Niyas - Toyota Starlet GT
Raveen Senavirathne - Toyota Starlet GT
Faham Nauman - Mini John Cooper Works R56 Edition
Pansilu Premasinghe - Starlet GT
Susantha Fernandopulle - Starlet GT
Jashan Silva - Mitsubishi Colt Turbo
Nilanga Rathnayake - Starlet GT
Mahen De Silva - Suzuki Alto Turbo

1600CC UPTO 2200CC NA:
Kaushal Samarasinghe - Honda Civic B20
Thiwanka Wijayasekara - Honda Civic FD2 Type-R
Janaka Mayakaduwa - Honda Civic Mugen RR
Shamil Eliyas - Honda Civic EK3 B20
Ruwan Bandara - Honda Integra Type-R DC5
Maleen Wickramarachchi - Honda Civic B20
Amila Kalugampitiya - Honda Del Sol B18
Thimira Wijekoon - Mitsubishi FTO
Rohitha Rajapakse - Ariel Atom

1500CC UPTO 1600CC NA:
Liam Lawrence - Honda Prelude B16
Dhylan Whittall - Toyota Ceres
Irshad Faham - Honda CRX
Sam Smith - Toyota MR2
Shehara De Silva - Honda Civic B16
Lakshan Perera - Honda Civic B16
Jay Wahab - Lotus 1600

TRUCK & JEEP OPEN:
Farzan Najmudeen - Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Sandun Kulasiri - Subaru Forester Turbo
Cassim Wahab - Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution
Suren Jinasena - Toyota Hilux
Rohitha Rajapakse - BMW X6M

1300CC UPTO 1500CC:
Dileepa Karunathilaka - Mazda Familia
KWJC Fonseka - Honda CRX
Ishraq Wahab - Honda Civic SiR
Dhilan Sabar - Honda EF D15
Dileepa Fernando - Toyota Starlet
Chathura Samarasinghe - Honda Civic EG
Mohammed Nafly - Honda Civic Eg8
AM Mufassir - Honda Civic EK3
Glenn Jayasekara - Honda CRX
Salman Razak - Honda CRZ

1000CC UPTO 1300CC:
Dinesh Mirpuri - Mitsubishi Lancer
Champika Namath - Ford Laser
Chamara Wijethilake - Nissan Sunny
Rohan Fernando - Ford Laser
Michael Wijesuriya - Nissan March
Imran Yakoob - Suzuki Cultus
T Nilanka - Austin Mini
Anusha Perera - Mazda 313 L
Shamil Ruvanwella - Volkswagen Beetle
Suleik Mushi - Nissan March

Specials Event:
Dinesh Jayawardene - Formula Ford
Javidh Wahab - Lotus 7

*Please note that a further ten entries which arrived via email are pending payment through bank deposits and will be added to the list shortly.

• Like 1

Entry List for the CMSC-SLAF Katukurunda Drags '14 -

4WD OPEN:

Missaka Naveen - Mitsubishi Evolution 3

Kaushalya Samarasinghe - Mitsubishi Evolution 5

Darin Weerasinghe - Nissan GTR Nismo

Eroth Karunaratne - Nissan GTR

My inner 'elsina' is getting the better of me, mind if i ask who Eroth Karunaratne is?

All his cars?

Edited by madmax

Sort of one sided no, all this? Specially when competitors get calls asking to step off the gas, and let the little man haul a$$? O tempora o mores

Uhmmm... No competitors have been given calls asking to step off the gas mate... The Atom is fast enough on it's own merit... The GTR took down other cars quite easily last year to get into the finals... what other competitors decide to do after is on their own accord... Trust me this year, people running in his class and gunning to beat him... come watch on sunday and see for yourself ;)

All his cars?

no i think belongs to the people in SL and he is driving to represent rest of the people not compete on the event

• Like 1

There are two Red GTR's in the country now... Darin has a 2013 GTR Nismo Track Pack and Blesh Gleshan also brought down a Red GTR from BRJW.

Wow that's great..

It would be interesting to see if all GTRs could participate in the event. Red, black, white & (what the clor of Darins old GTR?) all run in one event..

yum yum yum...

So where's Janake this time? off roadin in his Disco??

dreamracer - you beat me on asking about janake's participation & I aked the same question from Komi yesterday.. The answer is No..

Edited by trinity

Uhmmm... No competitors have been given calls asking to step off the gas mate... The Atom is fast enough on it's own merit... The GTR took down other cars quite easily last year to get into the finals... what other competitors decide to do after is on their own accord... Trust me this year, people running in his class and gunning to beat him... come watch on sunday and see for yourself ;)

One was. I know him personally. Which is why I said so. I'm not one for heresay. Sort of took the luster out of the sport for me. These days the right amount of power can win you just about anything.

I come every year. I do so for the love I have for the vehicles. Not the spirit in which the competition is held as of late. I'm not placing the blame on anyone by saying so. Just venting frustrations at abuse of power. Frankly I expected more from a Thomian, if nothing else.

Someday we'll have uninfluenced races. Like the times before the pakse's graced the field. Waiting til that day dawns.

• Like 5

And no mate. I don't have the money to throw at a competition like that. The entry fee is the least of my worries. The toll on my pocket and the car for tuning is not worthwhile for me. Not to say I don't enjoy/endorse those who do. I envy them. Had I the disposable income, I would do it too.

Kudos to CMSC and Andy for organizing and bringing the drags under a proper governing body.

All the events the Atom is par taking should be a battle for second place only.Many believe a weight limit should be introduced to keep that car out.

Dunno about phone calls but one or two will mess up their gear changes quite voluntarily.

All his cars?

Considering how the last 3 are leagues ahead of the competition it would be real hiken puna if they DON'T win.

As for the GTR, well, we've seen what's happened so far. Let's just see how it goes.

All his cars?

I'm just happy that we (the public) is being represented so well in the competition :) Viva the public cars! Viva Sri Lanka :)

One was. I know him personally. Which is why I said so. I'm not one for heresay. Sort of took the luster out of the sport for me. These days the right amount of power can win you just about anything. I come every year. I do so for the love I have for the vehicles. Not the spirit in which the competition is held as of late. I'm not placing the blame on anyone by saying so. Just venting frustrations at abuse of power. Frankly I expected more from a Thomian, if nothing else. Someday we'll have uninfluenced races. Like the times before the pakse's graced the field. Waiting til that day dawns.

Last time I watched the man race, he didn't like where he qualified, so packed up and went rather than try his best in the final. That told me enough about the man.

I remember most of the big names rarely ran for qualification to save their cars, so they would all start from the back and fight it out. I don't envy the fact he seems have a garage full of enviable cars. I'm just sad at motor head level, why he can't just compete rather than hover around in a space ship. If you are fortunate enough to be born to a rich or powerful family, good for you. But if you want to be your own man, you gotta earn it yourself :)

All his cars?

Considering how the last 3 are leagues ahead of the competition it would be real hiken puna if they DON'T win.

As for the GTR, well, we've seen what's happened so far. Let's just see how it goes.

I'm just happy that we (the public) is being represented so well in the competition :) Viva the public cars! Viva Sri Lanka :)

Abusing and manipulating power to amass vast amounts of wealth has been happening ever since sudda left our country. So this is not something new. What’s so disgraceful is how openly this is practiced by the individuals attached to the present regime.

Dunno about phone calls but one or two will mess up their gear changes quite voluntarily.

I'm with MD on this. These 'people' have lot to loose and most to gain by making connections at high places. Its not like these fancy cars run on water and bullock cart wheels.

• Like 2