• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Problem With Micro Trend

firebird

Hi All,

I own a Micro Trend and experienced loads of problems with that. It just reached 30,000 Km mileage and , having heard an abnormal hum , i took it to the company and they said that wheel bearings need to be replaced. As i spoke to some of my friends knowledgeable about autos said that at least a car should do 100,000 Km before wheel bearings be replaced under normal conditions.

Also, all of a sudden temperature level indicated in the high range occasionally and when i took the vehicle to them , they said that engine gasket is gone and need to be replaced. They said also the cost would be between 50-70,000 LKR.

I have given the vehicle about one month before and they keep the vehicle saying various excuses.

Now they are singing a different tune saying that there is a miss while driving and still problem is being diagnosed.

Since, only these people have spare parts, we have to just listen to whatever the lies that they tell and wait. I have even complained to their service manager and they pass the buck to service advisor and do not attend to customer request while delaying the job further.

I really appreciate if any of you can help me with your expertise to understand if there is something fishy going on or if this case is genuine. As i understand, i dont think that replacement of engine gasket takes a month to do. Since, we cannot even see the vehicle with some third party, we have to believe what they say.

Many thanks in advance

P.S: Also, could you please let me know if there is any place to buy spares from any other place

HI firebird there is place in malabe for spare parts I can't remember the exact name I suggest you to look at sunday hitad paper.Other members will comment on that.Anyway you can't expect Japanese vehicle quality in these vehicles.So most of it you asked for it when buying this vehicle.Temperature issue might be due to a failing water pump,faulty gauge etc.Engine gaskets Just don't go like that without a major incident.What I suggest you is to take the car to a good local mechanic and get a second option.Most garages will at least be able to diagnose the problem.The second option is to wait till they repair and sell this vehicle when you can.I'm pretty sure they will come with a large bill as well.

Hi All,

I own a Micro Trend and experienced loads of problems with that. It just reached 30,000 Km mileage and , having heard an abnormal hum , i took it to the company and they said that wheel bearings need to be replaced. As i spoke to some of my friends knowledgeable about autos said that at least a car should do 100,000 Km before wheel bearings be replaced under normal conditions.

Also, all of a sudden temperature level indicated in the high range occasionally and when i took the vehicle to them , they said that engine gasket is gone and need to be replaced. They said also the cost would be between 50-70,000 LKR.

I have given the vehicle about one month before and they keep the vehicle saying various excuses.

Now they are singing a different tune saying that there is a miss while driving and still problem is being diagnosed.

Since, only these people have spare parts, we have to just listen to whatever the lies that they tell and wait. I have even complained to their service manager and they pass the buck to service advisor and do not attend to customer request while delaying the job further.

I really appreciate if any of you can help me with your expertise to understand if there is something fishy going on or if this case is genuine. As i understand, i dont think that replacement of engine gasket takes a month to do. Since, we cannot even see the vehicle with some third party, we have to believe what they say.

Many thanks in advance

P.S: Also, could you please let me know if there is any place to buy spares from any other place

You bought a cheap chinese piece of shit. What did you expect?

Siyarata de will give you sirisapa forever???

Anyway show it to a good mechanic. There must be an equvivalent Japanese engine where they ripped off the design from. So parts should be available.

I know for a fact that old Micro MX7 (Hafei Saibao) engine is ripped off from Mitsubishi 4G15. New Micro MX7 (Geely MK) has a Toyota 5A-FE copy

Or search in Alibaba.com or aliexpress.com for Hafei Lobo spareparts. You might find stuff for cheap.

Don't allow them to just rip you off. Whoever selling a consumer durable is bound to repair it if a need arises. This is not a fault in rocket ship that we are talking about for them to take weeks to diagnose. If you feel that your rights as a consumer are being violated you can always write to the Consumer Affairs Authority.

• Like 3

Don't allow them to just rip you off. Whoever selling a consumer durable is bound to repair it if a need arises. This is not a fault in rocket ship that we are talking about for them to take weeks to diagnose. If you feel that your rights as a consumer are being violated you can always write to the Consumer Affairs Authority.

Sadly, we are in Banana Republic where CAA may not be very keen on taking action against Micro. He can definitely try but whether he gets any fruitful output from it will remain to be seen.

Secondly, the product is already discontinued. They can always say the product has reached end of its life and they can no longer support it. Although it may sound ridiculous, there's no law that prevents them from doing it. There are laws in other countries pertaining to lifetimes of vehicles but not in this country.

• 3 weeks later...
Secondly, the product is already discontinued. They can always say the product has reached end of its life and they can no longer support it. Although it may sound ridiculous, there's no law that prevents them from doing it. There are laws in other countries pertaining to lifetimes of vehicles but not in this country.

Does anyone has any idea that this is same with other dealers like Unimo? Does any one know whether they still support Kelisa, Kenari, Kancil? And the locally assembled NoMad?

(Don't ask from sales department as i have heard lot of crap with a short experience with Viva's. I guess all Viva owners have heard their fuel economy numbers and delivery delay excuses right?) :speechless-smiley-004:

On another point is that i think (from what i heard from my office friends who owns Accent) if you cannot afford a Jap other Korean brands like Hyundai accent has enough spares and mechanics available right?

KMeeg.

Edited by kmeeg

Kelisa, Kenari and Kancil are all based on some version or the other of Daihatsu Mira. Those are simple vehicles that any decent mechanic should be able to repair. So even if the agent doesn't bother supporting those, you can get plenty of people to repair them.

Unfortunately Hafei Lobo (Micro Trend) has no straightforward japanese equivalent)

@firebird - I suggest taking it to P*nchi C*r Niw*sa. That's where bad cars goes to die.

• Like 1

Does anyone has any idea that this is same with other dealers like Unimo? Does any one know whether they still support Kelisa, Kenari, Kancil? And the locally assembled NoMad?

(Don't ask from sales department as i have heard lot of crap with a short experience with Viva's. I guess all Viva owners have heard their fuel economy numbers and delivery delay excuses right?) :speechless-smiley-004:

On another point is that i think (from what i heard from my office friends who owns Accent) if you cannot afford a Jap other Korean brands like Hyundai accent has enough spares and mechanics available right?

KMeeg.

My experience with unimo is good and the Nomad has got a mitsubishi engine so will be easy to maintain even without any specifics,

And the body parts could be exchanged with dihatsu terios parts afaik, so it will be fine.

and yes there are ample amount of parts for hyundais and kias now,

My experience with unimo is good and the Nomad has got a mitsubishi engine so will be easy to maintain even without any specifics,

And the body parts could be exchanged with dihatsu terios parts afaik, so it will be fine.

and yes there are ample amount of parts for hyundais and kias now,

The Nomad is crap... random electrical faults crop up every few weeks, build and material quality is bettered by McDonald's happy meal toys and the driving experience is dreadful.

Anyone considering one should just take the equivalent price of the nomad in cash out of the bank and set it on fire, would come to the same thing in the end. Or they could save themselves the trouble and buy a used Terios which is miles better in every single way.

The Nomad is crap... random electrical faults crop up every few weeks, build and material quality is bettered by McDonald's happy meal toys and the driving experience is dreadful.

Anyone considering one should just take the equivalent price of the nomad in cash out of the bank and set it on fire, would come to the same thing in the end. Or they could save themselves the trouble and buy a used Terios which is miles better in every single way.

A friend of mine uses a one bought for the previous permit (about 7 years old now), surely the plastics are awful and the ride quality is crap, but he dosen't have that much of problems,

Surely a YOM 2000 Terios will be much better than a Nomad.

I agree.

A friend's uncle bought it because it was a brand new vehicle for a very good price. 2 Months in the central locking packed up. Light switches stopped working. Alternator needed replacing. It's been an endless list off pains in the ass. I told him even a 7-8 year old trios would have been a better option but nooo, this is brand new! If you buy used vehicles you end up in the garage all the time.

I agree.

A friend's uncle bought it because it was a brand new vehicle for a very good price. 2 Months in the central locking packed up. Light switches stopped working. Alternator needed replacing. It's been an endless list off pains in the ass. I told him even a 7-8 year old trios would have been a better option but nooo, this is brand new! If you buy used vehicles you end up in the garage all the time.

Pretty much exactly the same list of things happened to a friend's father in law... He too went against good advice and got the thing, but is not going to admit he was wrong.

Hi firebird,

Does this trend is comes with the MMC or volvo engine ?

Any way once I drive this micro trend and from a person who brought it brand new and he says its volvo engine and there are with Mitsubishi engines too. only the body is local assemble. but while driving wt i told him is still i feel more smooth in my old Lancer than this new micro . the clutch and gear shifting feels like TATA bus.

if its MMC engine parts are everywhere for sure.

All the cars I had was Mitsubishi but very old vehicles (coz im a poor man :sad-smiley-066: ) but still those are better than brand new Chinese, Indian vehicles.

This Trend car owner had to replace Wiper motor . Alternator and starter motor once he have drive in the rain in a flood road. car is not even one year old. :speechless-smiley-004:

also he had a big issue with AC compressor. he did't use the at least 2 years he sold it.

Does this trend is comes with the MMC or volvo engine ? NO. Little bit of Google searching revealed that this engine is made by another Chinese company, JAC (JAC manufactures trucks in China. Engine code is DAK10A). Which means the luck of finding parts in Sri Lanka is virtually zero

Any way once I drive this micro trend and from a person who brought it brand new and he says its volvo engine - Utter Rubbish

and there are with Mitsubishi engines too. - Hafei Saibao (Micro MX7 old generation) came with Mitsubishi engines. Hafei Lobo (Micro trend) never did

only the body is local assemble - Utter rubbish. Micro didnt assemble anything for this model. They imported it completely built

also he had a big issue with AC compressor. he did't use the at least 2 years he sold it. - If somebody is selling a car because of an AC compressor, then it must be one heck of a compressor, or he must be one heck of a liar

Edited by Crosswind

• 3 years later...

I was user for this Micro Trend Car for five years reached up to 118000km but I  am satisfied with the  price I have paid and the use this up to 5 years . Sold to second owner for 1mil. Further what do you expect  more than this with 1.2 mi price tag This was far better selection when compare Indian maruti 800

I have done below major repairs like Radiator fan replacement , clutch replacement,  radiator replacement of because of fan issues.. Minor like . The spare parts are difficult to find in company but it is available some times  outside. 

Comfort is far better than Indian Low budget car. But fuel consumption is my concern only did 12-13 in Colombo 15 -16 in outside 

Major problem is interior materials quality. stering wheel is not  durable at all you can find hols after couple of years 

I have bought this as brand new and maintain services as advised  People who condemn this kind of low budget vehicle  as k to go for 15 -20 years old Japanese crap. They will end up this double maintenance cost like to living in garage for ever

Edited by MaheshWa
Grammer

• 2 years later...
On 9/26/2017 at 4:59 PM, MaheshWa said:

I was user for this Micro Trend Car for five years reached up to 118000km but I  am satisfied with the  price I have paid and the use this up to 5 years . Sold to second owner for 1mil. Further what do you expect  more than this with 1.2 mi price tag This was far better selection when compare Indian maruti 800

I have done below major repairs like Radiator fan replacement , clutch replacement,  radiator replacement of because of fan issues.. Minor like . The spare parts are difficult to find in company but it is available some times  outside. 

Comfort is far better than Indian Low budget car. But fuel consumption is my concern only did 12-13 in Colombo 15 -16 in outside 

Major problem is interior materials quality. stering wheel is not  durable at all you can find hols after couple of years 

I have bought this as brand new and maintain services as advised  People who condemn this kind of low budget vehicle  as k to go for 15 -20 years old Japanese crap. They will end up this double maintenance cost like to living in garage for ever

can please let me know spare part available places other than company.