• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hyundai Tucson 2011

Straga

Hey guys,

I am hoping to buy a used Hyundai Tucson probably YOM 2011 to 2012. Was hoping to get some feedback from current users about the following:

1. Maintenance (just regular services etc)?

2. Fuel economy; what are the figures it gives in daily city running? (this car is meant to be a daily driver)

3. Known issues. Keeping in mind that the current korean vehicles are far better than their predecessors are there any common issues that plague this model? (transmission issues, engine issues etc)

4. Id also like some info about the variants available in SL. A few adverts I have seen have all mentioned the model number Ix35 with a 2L engine. Some info about the variants/trims etc would be very helpful.

5. How good are the agents? Are there any known issues I should look out for when buying, this is after all a used vehicle.

Thank you in advance :)

Well don't really know much about this model. A few seems to have been bought down on permits and are mostly petrol though there are a few diesels.

Have not heard bad things about them, but don't buy if you are concerned about fuel economy as this format of car is never that great on fuel economy. The ony small SUV that returns decent fuel economy is the Rav 4 and that also with manual transmission.

Parts availability for korean cars is a lot better compared to before and there are dealers for both engine and body parts, but you will have to be prepared to rely on the agents for some parts. Hyundai Lanka does not get bad feedback though nobody on the forum has said great things about them either.

There where petrol ones bought before the permit and diesel ones after it,

Don't know much about the petrol ones but,

the diesel ones do great on fuel,

the maintainence cost is very low, lower than japs (eg- oil filters and air fiters Rs.1000/= range even for the diesels)

There is slightly more wear and tear than japs but you can live with it coz the repairs are cheaper,

Finally, the company is not bad they don't try to rip you off like t*y*ta l*nk*, and the services are cheap, they are very polite and even remembers you'r birthday,

but the downside is that that they take a long time for services(almost a whole day).

I used a 2011 and fuel is 6-7 city and around 8-9 when you travel outstation.The agents are relatively good but takes a lot of time for repairs and presumably there is a waiting list for accidental repairs.I am not aware of the spare parts prices as it was company maintained but there were no mechanical repairs during the time i used (other than the routine services),Pretty comfortable and has a good drive.Its a good vehicle with no major issues but i am not sure whether it has a second hand market

I now use a KIA sportarge (Diesal) with the same type of engine as the Tuscon and does 7 in city and 9 - 10 in outstation.

Hey guys thanks for the replies :)

Well, fuel economy in the range of 6-7 is fine was expecting that much but wanted to make sure it wasnt something horrendous like 4-5 lol.

Also, in terms of resale value I feel the vehicle has already depreciated quite fast for a two year old brandnew vehicle, but then again not really iffy on that either. This vehicle will be used for some time.

Do any of you guys have any idea about any specific model number etc that I can Google for?

We are hoping to buy the 2011 petrol anyway, the newer diesel is a bit out of budget. Basically almost decided on this vehicle, just wanted to make sure there were no major mechanical faults with it etc.

Thanks again for the replies guys :)

What's you'r budget like,

Check the gearbox if it's auto coz hyundais of the previous era (2000s) had a problem in them,

shift to D and check if it starts to move smoothly,

and just check in an other topic crosswind mentioned about a petrol pump issue,

check if the vehicle was on super petrol and pump super when you use it,

To wrap up it's a nice car

Buy the baby and post some pics :D