• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Premio

I need to know if this car has Triptronic facility and what standard for "S"at gear position is it sport mode or something else .Pls advise me.

The manual says S = slope mode...and it says to use it going up slopes (presumably it lets the engine rev higher and gives more torque...which might explain Magnum stating the throttle is more responsive), so not "Sport"...what it actually does seems to be somewhat of a mystery as different people seem to have/claim different experiences..so go through the thread that Strikee referred you to...

I rage has given a clear explanation,It makes much more easier to overtake with the s mode,especially on the highway.But when driving in the city you may find the car diffult to control as it tries to runaway.Unlike in a manual car the cvt takes some time to respond in the d mode.This can be observed when you floor the accelerator,the car takes a little time to respond.The s mode will give more reponsive drivability in lower speeds but the car revs like mad after about 80 Kmph.

This is the experience I gained from a 2013 axio,still I would prefer to have a 3 pedal car.

I always used handbrake when doing hill starts and when driving in start-stop traffic on hills (when I was driving my wagonR manual. ) is that a wrong technique? :o

I don't see anything wrong with it.. Infact I'm using hand brake in Colombo traffic as well. It's easier, safer and you can take off quickly.. Especially when you get a green light for ten seconds in five minute intervals.. You need to have on foot on the gas, the other ready to engage the clutch for the next gear, one had on the hand brake, the other on the horn..

It seems like that clutch control of a diesel car is much more easier than a petrol one.Specially on hills,I would like to have comments from others

Are you saying this cuz of the low end torque?

• Like 1

Hmm I think so,The clutch control of our 64- diesel wagon is so much easier,compared our yaris manual.When doing clutch balancing of the yaris,the engine needs to reved much more than the diesel wagon.

Its even more easier in diesel vans

Hmm I think so,The clutch control of our 64- diesel wagon is so much easier,compared our yaris manual.When doing clutch balancing of the yaris,the engine needs to reved much more than the diesel wagon.

This is because the Yaris has an electronic throttle control. its quite slow to respond when picking up uphill from a stop.

This is true, diesels have much better lower end torque than petrol cars.

You can reverse a diesel without pressing the accelerator at all, on some you can even start from a standstill in 2nd gear without a problem. But they do suffer at higher RPM's though.

This is because the Yaris has an electronic throttle control. its quite slow to respond when picking up uphill from a stop.

Nonsense. The Yaris sedans here are powered by the 2N-FE engines which have a throttle cable.

Nonsense. The Yaris sedans here are powered by the 2N-FE engines which have a throttle cable.

Not correct. Yes it has the 2N-FE engine, but they do come with electronic throttle control. Mine has it and the user manual confirms it as well.