• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Replacement

Samanl

Dear all,

I had to replace the engine of my car Fb13 with a similar type of engine since the old engine was worn out. But i was unable to inform to RMV. I called the RMV, they told me that i need to get an approval from them first, and then after the engine replacement, the car must be examined by an examiner in RMV Verahera.

There are some modifications done to my car such as changing the original tyre size (previous owner) and a performance exhaust (beat barrel). Some of my friends told me that if there are such modifications, some problems will occur at the RMV examinations.

Since this is my first time that i am going to do such a procedure, please be kind enough to share your ideas, experiences with me.

I am going to sell the car. i want to make all legal matters clear before selling it,

Thanks.

As long as ur not changing fuel type it should be a fairly straight forward deal with a small official fee involved.

you fill out a form, go get the car weighed at werahara and wait for the paperwork to be posted to you. They don't scrutinize every part of the car.

I've actually done this for a Subaru sti conversion. They ask for the receipt of the engine you bought. That is essential. Get one even now from the place you bought. Theyre not gonna tax you on it dont worry.

And they do scrutinize the car. They do a summary check. They're not very strict on it, but something like a huge ass beat barrel might blow some horns there.

Just go the with infinite patience and humility and try to talk your way through any issues. They're flexible, and amiable. Just don't piss them off. Don't offer bribes. FYI: beat barrels piss them off!!

Edited by Komisiripala

This type of dumb policies is wht makes people take shortcuts like getting the engine numbers engraved to the new engine rather than go through the whole hassle. I think I have said enough.

The best option would be to follow crosswinds advice. There are places at Panchikawatta that do it. No hassle with the RMV. Its illegal though, so be discreet with your enquiry.

I've actually done this for a Subaru sti conversion. They ask for the receipt of the engine you bought. That is essential. Get one even now from the place you bought. Theyre not gonna tax you on it dont worry.

And they do scrutinize the car. They do a summary check. They're not very strict on it, but something like a huge ass beat barrel might blow some horns there.

Just go the with infinite patience and humility and try to talk your way through any issues. They're flexible, and amiable. Just don't piss them off. Don't offer bribes. FYI: beat barrels piss them off!!

Thank you. I am planning to remove the barrel. then the car will be more closer to its original specs.