• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Skyline V35 Questions

TheFlyingFox

Hey Guys, I was wondering how it would be to maintain a V35 Skyline, 2001 onwards. Say something with about 100k on the ODO. How are the suspension and mechanical parts avilability ? Body parts of course i have not seen anywhere. I test drove one last week and it is brilliant.

Ive seen some body panels for sale somewhere in delkanda. Cant remember the exact place though. Also theres a place opposite rempart road ethulkotte, which specializes in body panels of not so common cars like skyline. So dont worry about parts too much.

I hope u r not talking about the silver colour HN- number car. They've ben tryng to sell it for more than 2 years now!

Ive seen some body panels for sale somewhere in delkanda. Cant remember the exact place though. Also theres a place opposite rempart road ethulkotte, which specializes in body panels of not so common cars like skyline. So dont worry about parts too much. I hope u r not talking about the silver colour HN- number car. They've ben tryng to sell it for more than 2 years now!

No no, The other silver one with J plates. I checked out the HN as well, i think about 5 people are trying to sell the same car lol. He is asking 23.75, cheap for a Skyline. I stayed away.

If mechanical and suspention parts can be bought locally without any problem i seriously would consider getting one.

Any idea about a place to get parts or check prices?

Edited by TheFlyingFox

Take a walk in delkanda. U might get an idea.

The HN- one is very close to setting a guiness record to be the longest unsold car I guess:-) Still its quite far from beating the Skoda Superb with a car sale guy in kotte area, which is unsold for around 5 years now.

I wonder if that HN plate car was the one that went through a wall? :huh:

I recall a V35 which had a front cut replacement at Spraymech in 2006! Don't remember the plate though

Then there was another owned by A*W (or someone high up who worked there) HR plate if i recall which wrapped itself around a tree! Minter that was, ran 18"OZ's if AFAIR

I wonder if that HN plate car was the one that went through a wall? :huh:

I recall a V35 which had a front cut replacement at Spraymech in 2006! Don't remember the plate though

Then there was another owned by A*W (or someone high up who worked there) HR plate if i recall which wrapped itself around a tree! Minter that was, ran 18"OZ's if AFAIR

Possible.

The front number plate of that car is homemade. Owner never bothered to get a plate off RMV I guess

I owned a V35 for 4 years. And it remains the most fun car I have ever owned. Cried like a baby the day I had to part with it because it was such a hoot to drive, but it was time to grow up and I had so many other commitments. Let me give you the run down:

My car was a dark blue 2001, JL 2**1 plates with a rear spoiler. Since I owned it the car has changed hands atleast twice and it was in mint shape when I sold it.

The engine was pretty bullteproof. Regular oil changes. De-carbonisation done at autoforce every few years since its a DI, high carbon build up was a major issue. So make sure the previous owners have done the same.

Parts, I replaced shocks which came to around 70K a pair at the time. Some suspension compontents are made out of alluminium so its very expensive, but A*W stocked parts and so did Pioneer motors at Panchi. The lower arm ball joints wear out very quickly on our roads. Any decent lathe shop can repair it but they break again in a few months and cause some rattling up front, but its liveable. Otherwise you have to replace the whole arm because the ball joint comes with that and that's made of alluminium and an expensive fix.

Other issues was the stock BOSE CD in dash CD changer gets stuck and chews your CD's and is not fixeable. Then the AC control unit and the Stereo and everything is all inteconnected or something. That happened once where the AC was stuck on full throttle and I couldn't shut it off and had to replace some electrical component which cost a bomb.

Other than that, I replaced an air flow sensor. Radiotor top tank blew and I replaced it, and the cooling fans which I imported through the agent because I couldn't find any in SL. I think the fan cost me around 40K to import.

Brake pads wear out fast, but those were available both at Pioneer and A*W.

Keep in mind that I last owned the car well over 5 years ago so I don't know how things are now.

Let me know if you need any more info. I loved the car. It was quick, comfy and at the time got me plenty of attention-maybe a bit too much! And it sounded lovely when you rev it. Beautiful weighted steering that all these new EPS systems truly lack. Such an underrated car.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry for bumping up an old thread. 

I absolutely love the looks of this car, and dreaming about owning one since long long time and seriously considering buying one.

Know these machines are now 13-14 years old. I currently own a Honda Fit GP1, it has the tech gimmicks and the efficiency but still feel something is missing. :|

I need some advice on what it is like to buy and maintain a Nissan Skyline V35 today. The car in question, YOM 2003 , registered in 2006. 

Went to have a look at this car and the body and interior condition looks good. But when I drove it, felt the steering is comparatively tight and had to put effort like the power steering is not there. Another thing I noted was that gear change was not smooth. (Had to accelerate more than usual to change gears) Due to those two reasons, I am in doubt if they are costly repairs and if more similar issues will arise :(  

No service history was available, and the mileage was 80K (which is unlikely IMO) And feel the quoting price is also too high for a 14 year old car. 35lks.

Can you guys please advice me what should I do. Any owners of this model in AL ? 

On 3/20/2017 at 8:51 AM, GK_007 said:

I absolutely love the looks of this car, and dreaming about owning one since long long time and seriously considering buying one.

Know these machines are now 13-14 years old. I currently own a Honda Fit GP1, it has the tech gimmicks and the efficiency but still feel something is missing. :|

I need some advice on what it is like to buy and maintain a Nissan Skyline V35 today. The car in question, YOM 2003 , registered in 2006. 

Went to have a look at this car and the body and interior condition looks good. But when I drove it, felt the steering is comparatively tight and had to put effort like the power steering is not there. Another thing I noted was that gear change was not smooth. (Had to accelerate more than usual to change gears) Due to those two reasons, I am in doubt if they are costly repairs and if more similar issues will arise :(  

No service history was available, and the mileage was 80K (which is unlikely IMO) And feel the quoting price is also too high for a 14 year old car. 35lks.

Can you guys please advice me what should I do. Any owners of this model in AL ? 

read about the V35 model online first.then take the car to CarChecks to get a proper idea about the state of the car and then to Nissan to diagnose any issues and related costs to replace/repair. then you can decide whether to make the decision or not.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2017 at 8:51 AM, GK_007 said:

btw is this the KD rego Skyline?

I think this was one of the few facelifted V35's that made it to Sri Lankan shores. I remember seing it parked in the Wellawatte area many times when it first came down and it always looked in mint condition. If so some of the issues on the pre-faceifted model was rectified in later models- such as the faulty CD changer etc

you mentioned the steering was comparatively heavy- if you are used to the EPS rack you may feel that way. The steering in the v35 is an old hydraulic setup and has a very meaty feel to it. But get it checked out. Transmission is not the smoothest either - its a traditional automatic and not a fancy CVT but its not bad.

Let us know how it goes

Edited by RWD
  • Like 1

• 6 years later...

Alright guys I'm bumping this thread up, I'm also looking at a 250GT 2003 model. I wanna know the parts availability and average maintenance cost in 2024. Fuel consumption is not an issue cause I have a small car for those kinda trips. Thanks in advance.