• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Difference Between G Grade And X Grade In Axio

4DR5

The G grade has AC with climate control, RPM, a more informative LCD display, multi function steering, leather wrapped steering and gear knob and a few chrome inserts as standard. You can add some of these to the X grade for a premium, hence the confusion. Just check the Toyota Japan web site for more details and pics.

Edited by CNX

Discussed many times in the forum. Do a search.

Also have a look on below catalogs and have an idea.

NZE140

http://cdn.toyota-catalog.jp/catalog/pdf/corolla-3/corolla-3_201004.pdf

NZE161

http://cdn.toyota-catalog.jp/catalog/pdf/corolla-3/corolla-3_201304.pdf

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

• 3 weeks later...

There are few grades related to axio 141. X grade ,X- HID limited, G grade, Luxel, TRD. In this case X grade is the lowest grade which does not have even a RPM meter. Just with basic options such as manual A/C, power shutters, power mirrors,central locking,crystal lights,etc. On the other hand X HID limited is a better grade which I also have which comes with Xenon HID projector lamps, winker mirrors,RPM meter,Manual A/C, power shutters, central locking, power mirrors Additionally G grade has Multifunctioning sreering wheel, chrome beeding, rear arm rest,push start,keyless entry but HID projector lamps and winker mirrors are not included in every G grade. It is upto the buyer to get a G grade with those options. Anyway X HID is about !00,000/= expensive than X grade and G grade is about 300,000/= than X grade.All these cars have 1.5L VVTi engine. Luxel has a 1.8L dual VVTi engine. TRD has 1.8L engine with modelista body kit and 18'' TRD alloys

There are few grades related to axio 141. X grade ,X- HID limited, G grade, Luxel, TRD. ....

Actually....the official grades for the Axio were X and G which came with the 1.5L 1NZ-FE engine; and Luxel which came with the 1.8L 2ZR-FE (or was it FAE ?) engine. Apart from that, there were special packages which were X Special Edition, X HID Limited, G Classico <something etc.for the 50th annivessary ?> and Luxel Alpha. <Typically with these packages the actual combination of accessories made available differs from period to period as well as, in some instances, region or even distribution channel>. It would be quite natural to sometimes find a X"something" edition that would be better equipped than a standard G.

The TRD package is not linked to any particular grade, but simply a body and performance package one could purchase let it be a X,G or Luxel. In fact have seen quite a few 5M/T Axios with the TRD package and the 5M/T was only offered in the X grade (EDIT: G grade).

Edited by iRage

Never seen a TRD axio,belta, or premio in SL.. Is it a very expensive package? What makes them so special?o.O

Usually involves body kits both for appearance/aero-dynamics as well as light-weight parts to reduce weight; and then mechanical upgrades like suspension, brakes etc...turbo charges, radiators, performance filters, etc...

What is actually offered by TRD is dependent on the car itself, eg you would get far more upgrades for a Toyota 86 as opposed to an Axio, etc...due to the mechanical foundation.

Typically TRD offers packages which you can go through phases.Each phase would have a set of recommended updates and you progressively go through them (or just get what you want). For example the Axio 141 was offered a GT package which starts off with a 1.5X M/T and then followed

http://www.trdparts.jp/parts_axio-turbo.html

If you look at the prices for the above, yes..depending on what you decide to do the prices can go up quite a lot (base price of a standard 5M/T X grade at the time was about 1.5mil yen with the base manufacturer's equipment. With the TRD Turbo GT package a unit is about 2.3mil yen which is an additional 800000yen more) .

Edited by iRage

Yes, I have seen TRD axio in Sri Lanka and have driven it. It is quite comfy comparing with mine,may be due to 18'' alloys. What I drove had a1.8 L dual VVTi engine. So I felt more power when paddling it. It had the modelista body kit and a rear spoiler. But it was overprised something around 50. so I went for x limited

Actually even a standard 1.8 Luxel has more grunt than the 1.5 and the Luxel actually does ride more "nicer" than the X and G.

It is not really fair to say a "TRD Axio" is more comfy than a X or a G as a TRD Axio is not a specific/set "model/grade" and is totally dependant on the base Axio that was used and what TRD upgrades were done; which can be anything from a simple body kit and wheels to a full suspension and brake upgrade or even a turbo charger. If you think about it if one got the TRD suspension upgrade fr a 1.8 Luxel then it actually might feel harder than a 1.5 X as the suspension would be stiffer.

The question becomes what TRD upgrades the particular Axio you drove had (which seems to have had Luxel as a base as only the Luxel came with a 1.8L engine). Since it is a CVT it is highly unlikely it had the turbo upgrade (not sure on this but as far as I know the Turbo and Turbo ECU unit works only fr the 5M/T variants). If the suspension upgrades were there (which can actually be coilovers to firmer springs and shocks and stabilizers) you might have found it bit firmer than a X grade but then whether you would translate that to being more or less comfortable is totally up to you. Or it could have been just the body kit.

As for the price...well anything TRD is quite pricey and well..knowing our car sales people I am sure they won't think twice about charging an extra premium for it (not to mention yarn any tale that favors them).

Edited by iRage

• 8 years later...
On 5/20/2023 at 10:00 PM, Hanan said:

does Axio G grade has cruise control if not then which grade have? thanks

On 5/21/2023 at 1:01 AM, sathyajithj99 said:

Afaik no. I think cruise control came with luxel grade. Not sure though.

In the Axio 141 Cruise Control was offered from the factory only in the Luxel Alpha-Edition. So the standard Luxel, G and X grades did not have it. 

I am not sure about the 160 Axio. I don't think it would have been offered. Even if it was offered it probably was offered only after the introduction of Toyota Safety Sense (but since it had TSS C, it still might not have had cruise control until TSS-C was upgraded in the later years). 

However:

1. I do know a lot of people installed them later on. Some got the part from Toyota or from a crashed car and fitted them. Some just used Chinese made systems.

2. Toyota sometimes introduce limited edition models as sales promotions to increase sales (especially when a model has been around for a long long time). I do not know if Toyota put Cruise Control in any special/limited edition model.