• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 323/familia Abs Diagnose

MV-5

Since yesterday my car throws an ABS problem.This is the way i diagnose that. for your information i recorded it and uploaded to YouTube.

hope this will help mazda 323/familia owners when they faced a same kind of problem.

Replacing the front ABS sensor is not a big deal, next week i am going to do that once i got a genuine sensor (might be from rainbow or asiri).

hopefully i will be able to upload that video as well.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply.

most of the BJ owners have used this method.

this is for new (probably non tech) users.

using this method you can check not only ABS system but also few more subsystems.

diagnosticport2001miata_zps7ce74e55.jpg.de6b57d6c065a21dcfbcff9aa3b26841.jpg

we have T pins and F pins to test and read subsystem error codes.

T pin should be grounded to bring it to test mode.F pin will emit the error code pulse.

Ex: test Engine.

T pin is TEN

F pint is FEN

TEN should be grounded and LED should be attached to FEN and B+ ( B+ is actually +12V , so +ve of LED should be attached to B+ ).

to control the current flow through the LED , LED should be connected through a resister (1K is enough, but 10K is also produce bright enough the LED).

if your car has CEL, then no need to have LED. CEL will emit the error code signal (but only for EN test, for AT and AB test you need to attache the LED).

Ex: test auto transmission system.

T pint TAT

F pin is FAT

Ex: test AC

T = TAC

F = FAC

SC = Cruise control

WS = Four wheel steering system.

BS = ABS

Edited by MV-5
updated dead link
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

After 2 and half year i had to replace a ABS wheel speed sensor again. this time it was RR ( B25D 43 71Y ). got a genuine  from amayama.com for 48 USD with shipping. I had to go to the Galle post office to pick that and paid total tax only 197/=.

replacement job took my good 3 hours because it was really difficult to remove the faulty sensor, finally i used a flat-screwdriver and a hammer and it worked for me (i didn't have any rust solvent).

Edited by MV-5

1 hour ago, Jor-el said:

Boy that video was informative! You should've included a download link to the PDF in the video description though

Thanks.

I was unable to find the original link for that document, once you suggested i uploaded the pdf to google drive and created a sharing link (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6iDMN3PxtnRUoyelVNQTBDZVU/view). now it is mentioned in the video description.