• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Rush Fuel Consumption

Mdpperera

Question

HI Guys I have J200 2wd Toyota Rush and I noticed in colombo with/without traffic it does only 6-7KMs per Liter (This reading is according to Vehicle "Mode" reading on dash board)

My ODO meter reading 45000 and I just changed Automatic transmission fluid, changed Air filter, Cleaned the throttle and plugs. but still I get the same reading. and My driving style is pretty decent dont race above 2500RPM.

I didnt change Automatic Transmission Oil Strainer/Filtet find it from the market (Agent has it for Rs 7500+ :sad-smiley-066: )

You guys are the experts so please tell me what went wrong, and what I shud get checked to improve fuel consumption. People say it should does 9-10KMs per liter in city :speechless-smiley-019:.

#Help Me! :speechless-smiley-004::speechless-smiley-004:

MDP

12 answers to this question

Hi GayanR, When I asked for ECU test they said do a tuneup and see I did that too but still I get the same fuel usage reading 7.2KM/pL in city :sad-smiley-066::sport-smiley-027: . They said ECU cannot predict about fuel wastage/use

Do we have any Toyota Rush users here or do u know anybody? As I heard this mini SUV does good in fuel.

Your pic seems to be a kyron,

did you sell it to buy a terios, or do you have both.

One friend of mine asked another about buying his terios when it was for sale in front of me,

and as they where colleagues, he told not to buy it because of it's high fuel consumption, but he didn't tell any figure, and i didn't disterb to what was overheard as i was not interested in terioses.

Hi GayanR, When I asked for ECU test they said do a tuneup and see I did that too but still I get the same fuel usage reading 7.2KM/pL in city :sad-smiley-066::sport-smiley-027: . They said ECU cannot predict about fuel wastage/use

Do we have any Toyota Rush users here or do u know anybody? As I heard this mini SUV does good in fuel.

MD all these places only wants your money.They may recommend you to do 10 tune ups rather than actually addressing the problem.If you have any sensor fail or coil malfunction or some sort ecu will give error codes most of the time.Just check your ecu with a obd scanner.Do you know what they did for tune up?Did they replace plugs,filters and stuff?First get a ecu reading.I think for a suv 8kmpl is efficient.Even most of the sedan cars here doesn't do 10 kmpl in city.

Noop This is 1.5CC engine and Auto. Yeah I mostly drive on traffic free (or less traffic) colombo roads :(

Because of the 1.5CC engine, I think you need to rev a bit to get up to speed. Try changing your driving style a bit by being easy on the accelorator, and shifting up quicker by easing on the accelorator.

To be honest for the weight of the vehicle, the 4WD system and the bigger tyres, the MPG sounds okayish. I mean I drive a manual car with a 1.5CC engine and I only get about 9.

On 12/12/2020 at 2:38 AM, mandy2008 said:

Hello,

I have a toyota rush 2008. It used to show the MPG on the dashboard so i know how many km is left before the gas runs out. Now it shows a temperature. How do i change is back to show the MPG.

Please advise.

There's a Mode button to the right of the steering wheel. Keep pressing it till it shows km/l. 

On 7/1/2014 at 6:45 PM, Mdpperera said:

HI Guys I have J200 2wd Toyota Rush and I noticed in colombo with/without traffic it does only 6-7KMs per Liter (This reading is according to Vehicle "Mode" reading on dash board)

My ODO meter reading 45000 and I just changed Automatic transmission fluid, changed Air filter, Cleaned the throttle and plugs. but still I get the same reading. and My driving style is pretty decent dont race above 2500RPM.

I didnt change Automatic Transmission Oil Strainer/Filtet find it from the market (Agent has it for Rs 7500+ :sad-smiley-066: )

You guys are the experts so please tell me what went wrong, and what I shud get checked to improve fuel consumption. People say it should does 9-10KMs per liter in city :speechless-smiley-019:.

#Help Me! :speechless-smiley-004::speechless-smiley-004:

MDP

Hi Mdpperera, 

Did you manage to solve your issue with the fuel consumption?