• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fd 1 Pros And Cons

jeramy

Hi Guys

I am thinking of buying a Honda FD1 and found a reasonable car a 2006 brand new 1800 CC with pump assisted steering.I hear that there is the steering rack problem as in the ES8 in the EPS model and what is the actual fuel consuption/milage per litre.I also hear that the parts are relatively expensive and resale is a bit difficult.

Kindly update me to make a decesion on the purchase

You are about to buy a FD1. But again you are talking about a steering rack problem in ES8. I cannot understand how it is going to affect your FD1 purchase.

Fuel consumption is approx. 7Km/L in city (one of my friend had FD1)

Of course, Parts are bit expensive than toyota.

Yes, the resale is bit hard when compared to . But you will get enough buyers if your selling price is good.

This topic is recently discussed in AL. If you have a search with the keyword 'FD1' in AL, you will find lot of information on fuel consumption, acceleration and spares. btw, as I heard, FD1 is the best car among FD1, FD4 and FD3. Only thing is low fuel consumption :sad-smiley-050:

Steering issues is common in most cars in Colombo thanks to bad roads, which seem to be fixed no end but still bad. I guess it wears a little bit faster than some, but don't think the fix is that expensive. Every FD owner complains about it, but its a nice car.