• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Plz Advice Me On Buying Lancer Ex Or New Mazda 3/axela

Thanushka

Hi All,

I’m interested in buying the new Mazda 3/Axela (face lifted version) or Lancer Ex. Would be grateful if any one of you are having experience in these 2 car can comment on them. I’ve used a Mazda falimia BG3P as my previous car but do not have any idea about the new car. I’m interested in

• Fuel consumption
  • Maintainability
  • Common issues that I should aware of like the ABS sensor issue in Lancer Ex.
  • What should I look for when buying a one

I’ve read the forum threads in AL on 2 cars, bud did not found match info on the Mazda 3, but found plenty on Lancer ex. I’m not too worried about the fuel consumption, but it should return a decent figure (at lease 9-10 in city driving).

One of my office colleagues relative has a Mazda 3 and he says it is not good on fuel. It give around 7-8 kmpl in city. I want to know whether it is same for all the new Mazda 3 (Axela) cars or is it just this one.

My budget is around 3.5 mil. And any other options available are also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I’m interested in buying the new Mazda 3/Axela (face lifted version) or Lancer Ex. Would be grateful if any one of you are having experience in these 2 car can comment on them. I’ve used a Mazda falimia BG3P as my previous car but do not have any idea about the new car. I’m interested in

• Fuel consumption
  • Maintainability
  • Common issues that I should aware of like the ABS sensor issue in Lancer Ex.
  • What should I look for when buying a one

I’ve read the forum threads in AL on 2 cars, bud did not found match info on the Mazda 3, but found plenty on Lancer ex. I’m not too worried about the fuel consumption, but it should return a decent figure (at lease 9-10 in city driving).

One of my office colleagues relative has a Mazda 3 and he says it is not good on fuel. It give around 7-8 kmpl in city. I want to know whether it is same for all the new Mazda 3 (Axela) cars or is it just this one.

My budget is around 3.5 mil. And any other options available are also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Thanushka, I think the first thing to understand is fuel economy is very variable. If you compare comparable cars, it might range widely due to driving style, road conditions and how bad the traffic is. I think the Ex and the Mazda 3 offers similar fuel economy. The Axio of the same era might do slightly better but not by much. 10kmpl is quite an expectation. Most cars do around 7-9 in the city, but if you drive something with a tiny engine very carefully you can probably get around 12.

For anything more, you either need a modern diesel, stop start technology or a hybrid

Thanushka, I think the first thing to understand is fuel economy is very variable. If you compare comparable cars, it might range widely due to driving style, road conditions and how bad the traffic is. I think the Ex and the Mazda 3 offers similar fuel economy. The Axio of the same era might do slightly better but not by much. 10kmpl is quite an expectation. Most cars do around 7-9 in the city, but if you drive something with a tiny engine very carefully you can probably get around 12.

For anything more, you either need a modern diesel, stop start technology or a hybrid

Thanks Don. I'm not interested in Toyota's. And I know that fuel consumption varies depend on driving style. I just need a general idea about it. I need some information about the reliability and what should I check for, when going to buy a one. Since I had to buy a used one.

Thanks again for the info provided. :)

afaik, there are no major faults in those vehicles, the ABS sensor on allmost all Ex's on the road should have been fixed by now. There were alot of threads about these two cars so run a search.

There were some guides about buying a used car like this one. You should find more if you search.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thanks for all your valuable inputs. I've found a good Mazda 3 BL and settled for it.