• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Roh*na M*t*rs Radiator Repairs With Aluminium Tank

MAS

Question

My plastic tank needs to be replaced on a Hyundai. I called Roh. Motors and they said they can solder an aluminium tank to the core. Quoted me 7,000. If I replace with Chinese plastic tank from Rad. House it will cost around 9,000.

Anyone done the aluminium tank option ? Not sure which option to go for :speechless-smiley-019:

Thanks in advance for any comments.

15 answers to this question

Is it the top one or bottom? aluminium ones will be better that I think but check whether the original one has things that you should have such as any electronic part or so.

Soldering has to be done perfectly because it is very important part in the vehicle. I have changed the radiator core but not the tanks but those were aluminium ones. Soldering done well so that no leakage happens. Better if someone reply who has changed it from Plastic to aluminium.

Is it the top one or bottom? aluminium ones will be better that I think but check whether the original one has things that you should have such as any electronic part or so.

Soldering has to be done perfectly because it is very important part in the vehicle. I have changed the radiator core but not the tanks but those were aluminium ones. Soldering done well so that no leakage happens. Better if someone reply who has changed it from Plastic to aluminium.

My tanks are on the sides. The tank that needs replacement has only the hose inlet and mounting points. I think they fabricate it and gives a 12 month warranty. The guy said its easier to repair any future leaks with aluminium tanks soldered to the core. Just want to check if any forum members have done this before.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to replace a nylon tank with an alu one unless there is no option.

Because they have to fabricate one and have to solder the entire edge throughout. on the other hand if you fix a nylon one it will be easier,quicker and nicer retaining an original look. No need of soldering either.

• Like 2

I replaced the top plastic tank with another plastic tank from radiator house and so far I'm happy with the result. Originally they quoted something like 8500 but was able to negotiate it for 7500. They say so far they haven't had any complaints about the quality of the replacement tanks.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to replace a nylon tank with an alu one unless there is no option.

Because they have to fabricate one and have to solder the entire edge throughout. on the other hand if you fix a nylon one it will be easier,quicker and nicer retaining an original look. No need of soldering either.

I was actually thinking about that original look side as well.

I replaced the top plastic tank with another plastic tank from radiator house and so far I'm happy with the result. Originally they quoted something like 8500 but was able to negotiate it for 7500. They say so far they haven't had any complaints about the quality of the replacement tanks.

How long has it been (the repair) ?

well why cant you find a recon one for the same make instead of going for a aluminum or a chinese one. Quick walk in pachikawaththa tomorrow you should be able to find a decent specimen by lunch and if you have the time head out to buhari for a biriyani also

• Like 1

well why cant you find a recon one for the same make instead of going for a aluminum or a chinese one. Quick walk in pachikawaththa tomorrow you should be able to find a decent specimen by lunch and if you have the time head out to buhari for a biriyani also

Where can I get recon (2nd hand) Hyundai stuff from in Panchi ?

I found out that I can get a new aftermarket radiator via Kapruka Global Shop for around LKR 14,000. Its sea freight so have to wait for around 8 weeks to arrive from USA. Maybe this is a better option ? Im a bit worried the core might get damaged during shipment.

Where can I get recon (2nd hand) Hyundai stuff from in Panchi ?

Skip Panchi. Go to Ajantha Motors yard at C.P. de Silva Mawatha, Katubedda Moratuwa. You will be surprised at the amount of recon parts you can find there for Korean cars.

I don't know why they try to keep their yard hidden from people. they don't have a phone number at the yard or even a name board!

Edited by Crosswind

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="MAS" data-cid="263312" data-time="1404039265"><p>

I found out that I can get a new aftermarket radiator via Kapruka Global Shop for around LKR 14,000. Its sea freight so have to wait for around 8 weeks to arrive from USA. Maybe this is a better option ? Im a bit worried the core might get damaged during shipment.</p></blockquote>

If the item is on sale online why would you want to purchase it via a 3rd party. Be careful with local people or companies who promise to bring down items that are selling online for you. Instead buy it directly from supplier and use fast shipping line like DHL if you can bare the cost of shipping. Best thing is to try to find it locally.

Hi MAS,

Hope you will avoid Aluminium Radiator and if this is Rohxna Radiotor @ Kelaniya , Avoid that too. I had bad experience with them few years ago after installing new radiator for my BJ5P.Low quality product + poor after sales service.

Just sharing FYI

Hi MAS,

Hope you will avoid Aluminium Radiator and if this is Rohxna Radiotor @ Kelaniya , Avoid that too. I had bad experience with them few years ago after installing new radiator for my BJ5P.Low quality product + poor after sales service.

Just sharing FYI

Aluminium tank option is out. Thank you for your feedback. Thanks to everyone else too. I will check the AM yard or just get it done with at RH.