• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Passo Engine Oil Leak

chamilka

Question

Hi,

One of my friends is going to buy a Toyota Passo 2004, done 70,000km. While inspecting the car we found an oil leak underneath the engine (image attached). From my experience this should be engine oil. I want to know whether this is a known problem in Passo? is it a oil seal that couples engine and gearbox?

thanks in advance.

post-48537-0-94558100-1403760501_thumb.j

3 answers to this question

Its hard to tell from the picture,have you checked from above the gear box for any falling oil?car seems to have scratched the bottom a bit hard too.Might be many repairs are waiting for your friend.I would personally look for another vehicle..

From your picture, it's difficult to say from where the oil is leaking. It could be from the top of the engine and pouring down. So you need to find the exact source of the leak to determine if this is going to be a simple fix or a major repair.

My guess is that the oil is leaking from the engine cover packing and pouring down. If that is the case, the repair is pretty simple.