• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

High Cabin Noise After Minor Suspension Repair

suharshan

Question

Dear Experts,

My vehicle is a 1995 Toyota Sprinter AE110.

Had to replace lower arm bushings and power steering rack oil seals about a week ago.

Since then I have observed that the cabin noise has increased considerably. I always drive with AC on. Even with all the shutters closed, I hear the engine noise as in a Shell model van.

Does any of you have any idea about the issue? Please help!

Thank You.

5 answers to this question

Since you are hearing engine noise, could it be that the mechanics did not install (or improperly installed) the rubber boot on the steering shaft which is located at the firewall? To take off the steering rack, they would have had to remove this boot. Even the smallest opening on the firewall can lead to engine noise being heard inside the car.

• Like 4

Thanks Davy. Got your point. Will look into that over the next weekend

Since you are hearing engine noise, could it be that the mechanics did not install (or improperly installed) the rubber boot on the steering shaft which is located at the firewall? To take off the steering rack, they would have had to remove this boot. Even the smallest opening on the firewall can lead to engine noise being heard inside the car.

Dear Experts,

Recently observed high engine noise inside a car and found out that the rubber boot that goes around the steering shaft firewall seal has been damaged due to a mice attack.

now there is visible opening through the boot.

Please tell me is there a place where i can easily find this rubber boot and will it be a quick job replacing this.JoITnL.jpg

Dear Experts,

Recently observed high engine noise inside a car and found out that the rubber boot that goes around the steering shaft firewall seal has been damaged due to a mice attack.

now there is visible opening through the boot.

Please tell me is there a place where i can easily find this rubber boot and will it be a quick job replacing this.[img=http://imageshack.com/a/img540/6702/JoITnL.jpg]

pls check with Eur* Nip*on, they should have it, am assuming that the vehicle considered here is a jap. If its a Euro need to consult the pros.