• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Viva Elite Fuel Consumption-Manual Transmission

Nadeeshabey

Question

12 answers to this question

Hi guys,

I bought a brand new manual transmission Viva Elite. Still I've done only around 750Kms. The fuel consumption is only around 9Km/L. Is it because the engine is still new? Normally it should do around 14Km/L.

Also there is no such thing as a car which should do a particular mileage. A lot of it has to do with the type of driving you do (say City traffic) and also how aggressive your right foot is. If it does not improve, try adjusting your driving style, and don't rev too hard and shift up quicker.

Hi guys,

I bought a brand new manual transmission Viva Elite. Still I've done only around 750Kms. The fuel consumption is only around 9Km/L. Is it because the engine is still new? Normally it should do around 14Km/L.

Hi,

I never experienced 9Km/l on Viva. Did you calculate Full tank to Full tank method? Mostly i was traveling on baseline around 9am and 7pm were almost peak time. But the Viva Elite 1000cc Manual gave me around 14kmpl and the Viva 660cc manual gave me almost 18kmpl. I did not see much deference before and after service. Only difference was i was driving extra carefully on the first few days since they were new which gave unbelievable fuel economy and gradually went down to above mentioned numbers. Another thing was i usually pump 95oct for all and not sure whether it made any difference. BTW check old Viva thread where they discuss many things about Viva from Fuel consumption to technical things..

Bottom line i was very happy with both 1000cc and 660cc (even though 660cc one is under-powered) with regard to the price paid for a brand-new car and the fuel economy and comfort i got for the price paid (when the tax was low).

KMeeg.

Edited by kmeeg

It is very hard to believe 10kmpl on a Viva 1000cc manual. Even the old 1.3L 4 speed KE72 gave around 9kmpl (that's 1987 technology, no EFI no VVT and its 4 cylinder)..!! I used to travel via Dematagoda to Fort and normally running to office at the last moment but could not achieve your numbers.. :medium-smiley-037: Seriously guys there is some disconnect. Really waiting to hear from other Viva owners..

Edited by kmeeg

yes this is the bitter truth about the viva although people believe it is fuel efficient it's not. best method to get the average fuel consumption is averaging the end of the month fuel consumption. this will minimize minor errors in the volume when pumping full tank ( this error can be much large as a liter)

For me usual urban fuel consumption of manual 1000cc viva is around 10kmpl. Don't hope for a drastic increase on the millage after the service. This what company guys says to simply slip away from the false figure they say to promote the car.

Even my Elite Standard Auto does 11 - 12 km/l with full time A/C in city drive. Why does M/T only 10km/l?

I practically tested with full tank pumping always and I remember I posted results in another thread hear.(For first 10,000km)

However this topic is already discussed many times here. Better to do a search if someone need further details.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera