• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Low Fuel Economy After The General Service

Podi Lamaya

I have sold my lancer & bought a Prius 3rd Gen (UK imported version) recently. What should be the correct engine oil viscosity for my car?

Mfd. Year: 2010

Mileage: 35300 miles (approx. 56800 km)

Driving conditions: weekdays very low traffic around 30 km per day / weekends long distance around 200km every weekend

Yesterday the full service was done from Cl**n Pa*k and after that fuel economy reduced to 35 mpg on average. Usually it is between 50 - 55 MPG.

Oil type used: Toyota 0W-20 SN

Air filter replaced

Oil filter replaced

What could be the issue?

I brought my lancer home yesterday, and it shows that the average fuel economy is 8.3 km/l :speechless-smiley-004:

and this is how you tell us about it? you whore! go post in your thread and take more photos than the paprazzi would if they saw elvis having sex with bigfoot!

• Like 3

Time to spend on what you have saved from fuel :D.Have they used a different brand of air filter?Other than that could be many possibilities.First drive it for a while just to see if there is any noticeable reduction in fuel milage..

and this is how you tell us about it? you whore! go post in your thread and take more photos than the paprazzi would if they saw elvis having sex with bigfoot!

Oi I already posted some pics! :D will post more later, still at work.. bad lighting conditions yesterday. I'm still preparing my thank you speech too! :music-smiley-012:

Podi Lamayo u were gonna buy a lancer EX ne? :o wha happened?

Yes bro...I was planning to buy a Lancer Ex. But I had to move to a hybrid considering extremely long distance travelling which I am about to start.

Prius saves good bucks on fuel (fuel cost is 1/3 when compared to my Lancer) + pretty good pulling power (1800cc engine) for the price.

They might have reset the "calculator" (or whatever it's called) at the service, so let it average out over a few weeks.

Thanks a lot bro. You were right. They have reset the trip computer. That's why it was showing low figures at the begining.

I drove my Prius over 300 miles yesterday and everything is back to normal. I was able to reach 55 mpg on average.

358qkas.jpg

Edited by Podi Lamaya
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
I have sold my lancer & bought a Prius 3rd Gen (UK imported version) recently. What should be the correct engine oil viscosity for my car?

Mfd. Year: 2010

Mileage: 35300 miles (approx. 56800 km)

Driving conditions: weekdays very low traffic around 30 km per day / weekends long distance around 200km every weekend

Yesterday the full service was done from Cl**n Pa*k and after that fuel economy reduced to 35 mpg on average. Usually it is between 50 - 55 MPG.

Oil type used: Toyota 0W-20 SN

Air filter replaced

Oil filter replaced

What could be the issue?

Hi,

How much does it cost for service with oil and filter? Is it 10,000 km service interval for 0w-20 (Sythetic) oil? (Or do we need to replace oil filter every 5000 km) ?

Edited by kasun111

Thanks a lot bro. You were right. They have reset the trip computer. That's why it was showing low figures at the begining.

I drove my Prius over 300 miles yesterday and everything is back to normal. I was able to reach 55 mpg on average.

358qkas.jpg

Averaging 50kmph for a drive of 480 kms.

Road hogging or what...

Averaging 50kmph for a drive of 480 kms.

Road hogging or what...

Trinity, 50kmph is the speed limit for built up areas :) In the UK its 30MPH. It just means he spent most of his time in town, rather than on a motorway. Even on our A roads, because until you get out of built up areas its difficult to do about 50, 60 KMPH unless you are being reckless and putting pedastrians at risk. Don't heckle the guy just because he drives a Prius man :)

Trinity, 50kmph is the speed limit for built up areas :) In the UK its 30MPH. It just means he spent most of his time in town, rather than on a motorway. Even on our A roads, because until you get out of built up areas its difficult to do about 50, 60 KMPH unless you are being reckless and putting pedastrians at risk. Don't heckle the guy just because he drives a Prius man :)

Ane no machan.. it was not my intention.. I like prius and I don't have anything against those who owns and drive them. Two of my best buddies have Priuses and it makes me weep when they spend just Rs500/- worth of petrol for a Colombo kalutara return trip when I have to pump 1500 worth of petrol for the same trip :) .

Who I don't like are the hypermilers who sometimes make our day hell on the roads due to their selfish driving habits. My car doesn't pull like a jet, so when I see a vehicle stuck behind me I always feel bad & try my best to give way to them. We never get that courtesy from the hipermilers.

My comment was based on OP saying he drove his car over 300 miles in one day. :o

Its nearly impossible to drive in town 480kms in just one day. In Colombo it takes over an hour to travel 10 kms in rush hour. So judging by that I assume he drove at least 240 kms out of city limits and came back. In just one day. So one trip should definitely be travelled in off peak hours (late night or early morning) and the most of day time driving should consists of considerable number of kilometers driven on areas with less traffic. (Unless of course he drove up & down twice on Colombo Kandy road) :)

Isnt 50kmph is fairly a slow speed when considered above.

Anyway I could be wrong here too.