• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fatal Accident On Katunayake Expressway

overTuned

I also dont think he was a race driver. Just a regular driver who was careless about the lives of his passengers.

"The crowd that gathered had admitted the injured to the National Hospital. The undergraduate died around 2.00 a.m.

The party had been returning in rainy weather after attending a funeral in Wattala. The vehicle was driven by Chatura Perera, a relative of the passengers."

http://www.ceylontoday.lk/51-65125-news-detail-ugrad-killed-four-hurt-in-road-mishap.html

If someone died due to my carelessness, I would never be able to live with that guilt. Hope the driver does not go crazy and deepest sympathies to the victims.

Edited by ramishkad

Odd...!! remember seeing a car very similar to this near Kalaniya Uni...a sale close by....had those images but don't think hv those now.... rear cross drilled brakes of m not mistaken from the 1st pic on the link...that is assuming that's the rear wheel at all.

IF its is that same car, then yes if you drove that like a lunatic this can happen...

Yes, i think i have seen an ad of this car on AL sometime back.

These Dibsh*t Honda wannabe Ricers! Imagine the agony the parents are in, may the Girl RIP

Civic is not a sports car, I doubt if there are any proper Type Rs in SL yet.

having shortly driven a 2015 Type-R prototype which has over 300ps,i did not feel it would be safe without body reinforcements in a crash compared to the acceleration it generates.

Many people think their Civic is a sports car and try to show off. .. looking at the pics its unbelievable anyone survived. The car is ripped apart,its at these times you wish it was a good old German workhorse with power and safety.

having shortly driven a 2015 Type-R prototype which has over 300ps,i did not feel it would be safe without body reinforcements in a crash compared to the acceleration it generates.

Many people think their Civic is a sports car and try to show off. .. looking at the pics its unbelievable anyone survived. The car is ripped apart,its at these times you wish it was a good old German workhorse with power and safety.

Tell that to the parents of the people who died in a W221 which crashed not long ago, down south. The car was ripped apart. Safety features does not compensate for stupidity and recklessness. Just my $0.02. You may find the thread if you search a bit.

Also, there are proper Type Rs here. :)

• Like 4

Tell that to the parents of the people who died in a W221 which crashed not long ago, down south. The car was ripped apart. Safety features does not compensate for stupidity and recklessness.
Also, there are proper Type Rs here.

I agree Safety features does not compensate for stupidity and recklessness,but they increase the chance of survival.otherwise the governments of developed countries would not be hell-bent on making more and more regulations that make such safety features as stability control,Airbags,ABS mandatory,while also promoting safe driving among road users.

on the other hand, I wonder what a real Type-R costs in SL,any ideas?

Edited by osaka_dude

Like this?

Wintershall_Monte_Kali_01.jpg

Why don't you drive the 2017 Honda Julola and see... that might have some reinforcements to protect your head.

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 6

Like this?

Why don't you drive the 2017 Honda Julola and see... that might have some reinforcements to protect your head.

feeling jealous? i understand.

one of the pora-member idiots cannot take it when a newbie makes a post based on his experience.

I can swear in the name of Jesus or Buddha,but i will not post any photos of myself driving the 2015 Type-R,or any photos from the engine bay,because that would be highly Illegal.

wonder why the other bunch of wolves have not entered the attack yet with pictures of their own rides..

You can make cars resilient to crashes. But you cannot make them foolproof. I remember a 'good old German workhorse' was involved in the death of a famous gem businessmen in Srilanka a couple of years back. Here is the thread on that http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/10601-mercedes-benz-accident/page-4

No car is safe at the hands of an idiot, be it a Toyota, Honda or a BMW.

And there are Type Rs in Sri Lanka. Here is a detailed article on one of them http://octaneheads.blogspot.com/2013/03/fd2-ftw.html

You can make cars resilient to crashes. But you cannot make them foolproof. I remember a 'good old German workhorse' was involved in the death of a famous gem businessmen in Srilanka a couple of years back. Here is the thread on that http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/10601-mercedes-benz-accident/page-4

No car is safe at the hands of an idiot, be it a Toyota, Honda or a BMW.

And there are Type Rs in Sri Lanka. Here is a detailed article on one of them http://octaneheads.blogspot.com/2013/03/fd2-ftw.html

I think this was the son of a gem businessman visiting from US during college vacation.

I agree,there are limits to what safety features can do.but even after a head on collision with a coconut tree at 195kmph,this MB did not disintegrate like the Civic here. just my 2 cents,from the pictures it seems the MB driver could have survived if he had seatbelts ON.loading the car with more and more airbags would not help,unless the car has a strong body.

A friend of mine got a J's Racing tuned blue FD2 R

and i guess that silver was sold recently

AFAIK,the recent Type-Rs are made for EU market and reimported to Japan.

Any Idea what the cost would be in SL?

I think it will not fit into any "permit",and taxes would be awfully high due to Engine power(over 300ps for 2015 model).

Dude, do us a favour. If you do not know something, just don't talk about it, ok?

There are plenty of Civic and Integra Type Rs in SL. There are Euros (the 4 door versions) as well, as well as Genuine Vi-Rs and Rs models.

I don't think even the best German workhorse would have survived this accident. Remember people die in German cars as well.

The only protection you really have is your skill, driving with care, and hope and pray the road conditions don't go against you.

I think this was the son of a gem businessman visiting from US during college vacation.

I agree,there are limits to what safety features can do.but even after a head on collision with a coconut tree at 195kmph,this MB did not disintegrate like the Civic here. just my 2 cents,from the pictures it seems the MB driver could have survived if he had seatbelts ON.loading the car with more and more airbags would not help,unless the car has a strong body.

You are comparing two different generations of cars. At least try comparing an FD Civic with that BM. Not that it matters anyway.

feeling jealous? i understand.

one of the pora-member idiots cannot take it when a newbie makes a post based on his experience.

I can swear in the name of Jesus or Buddha,but i will not post any photos of myself driving the 2015 Type-R,or any photos from the engine bay,because that would be highly Illegal.

wonder why the other bunch of wolves have not entered the attack yet with pictures of their own rides..

Swear on Jesus and Buddha?? Seriously????

snake_01.jpg

• Like 3

There are plenty of Civic and Integra Type Rs in SL. There are Euros (the 4 door versions) as well, as well as Genuine Vi-Rs and Rs models.

I don't think even the best German workhorse would have survived this accident. Remember people die in German cars as well.

thanks for the information that there are real TypeRs in SL..but Mr.Know-it-all-Dadoon has failed to answer my question about the price.

I think a german workhorse would have survived this accident outside the expressway without failing at the welds and disintegrating.So if you are a real moderator,let us agree to disagree instead of following the path of SNLM.

You are comparing two different generations of cars. At least try comparing an FD Civic with that BM. Not that it matters anyway.

BM is for BMW,this car is an MB,Mercedes .

Swear on Jesus and Buddha?? Seriously????

yeah Seriously. and it has become obvious a while ago that you have no faith except in [edited by the moderator].

Edited by The Don

Guys, correct me if i'm wrong. I believe the safety tests done by IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) is done at the speeds around 40MPH ( Converted to 64.37Kmph). Even at this speeds some 'German workhorses' fail. In addition check IIHS top safety picks for 2013. It doesn't matter whether its 'German workhorses' / Japanese / even Korean. If you are looking for a safe car buy a model with top safety rankings and drive safely. Link - http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/TSP-List/2013

If you want to drive fast then learn and drive in race tracks. There are many schools or places where you can learn. For those who are in SL if you want to learn racing try to contact some racing body or even try to contact any AL member who is in to racing (For an eg - Darin W).

Drive safe and enjoy life with family & friends,

KMeeg.

• Like 2

thanks for the information that there are real TypeRs in SL..but Mr.Know-it-all-Dadoon has failed to answer my question about the price.

I think a german workhorse would have survived this accident outside the expressway without failing at the welds and disintegrating.So if you are a real moderator,let us agree to disagree instead of following the path of SNLM.

BM is for BMW,this car is an MB,Mercedes .

yeah Seriously. and it has become obvious a while ago that you have no faith except in masturbating.

Really? No one would have gussed that in a million years! Thanks for the clarification.

And since you have time to type horse shyte please check out "Pericles" avatar. Thanks

Guys, correct me if i'm wrong. I believe the safety tests done by IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) is done at the speeds around 40MPH ( Converted to 64.37Kmph). Even at this speeds some 'German workhorses' fail. In addition check IIHS top safety picks for 2013. It doesn't matter whether its 'German workhorses' / Japanese / even Korean. If you are looking for a safe car buy a model with top safety rankings and drive safely. Link - http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/TSP-List/2013

Just out of curiosity, wonder what they do to all those crashed cars?

Cars are built at varying levels of sophistication, technology and features. Throw in a few generations of automobiles and you have an infinite number of possibilities of how well a car would fare in the same accident. Compare the latest Accord to a Merc from 50 years ago and how would you think that would go?

Should we also remind that the seat belt, the most basic of safety features, had to be invented at one point. Yet, not all cars that crashed before that point killed all it's passengers.

As good as 'German Workhorses' are, they are also priced accordingly. If I can afford the latest E class with all the bells and whistles, dripping with technology, I wouldn't go buy a second hand Civic now would I?

What's to be taken to heart is that this is a tragedy to remind all of us to be mindful of what we drive and their capabilities. Respect the limits and know when and when not to push them. I don't know what the hell this idiot is trying to prove?

• Like 3