• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying New Shocks From Which One

Hi guys,

I'm planning to replace shocks for my vehicle and I've asked the prices from the t**ss agencies and another shop called namarathne motors in Panchi. Since t**ss are the agents for kyb, they told one front shock around 12000 and other shop priced the same around 9000. Anyone have an experience about this shop? It’s really helpful me to choose the right place.Thanks.

The price mentioned by Ta*s seems to be correct. I bought KYB shocks for my car about 1 year ago and it cost me about eleven thousand something for one shock. (Of course the prices may differ according to the model of the vehicle)

Please refer the following link and get the part number of it if your model is available in the list.

http://www.showmetheparts.com/KYB/

The container of the shock has the part number printed on it. Since there are Malaysian duplicates available in the market I suggest you to buy them from Ta*s along with proper bumper stops.

Edited by Amila_Silva

Hi guys,

I'm planning to replace shocks for my vehicle and I've asked the prices from the t**ss agencies and another shop called namarathne motors in Panchi. Since t**ss are the agents for kyb, they told one front shock around 12000 and other shop priced the same around 9000. Anyone have an experience about this shop? It’s really helpful me to choose the right place.Thanks.

Always buy the same brand of shocks as originally in the car, and always buy from the agent for that brand or an authorised distributor.

If this Namarahna place is an authorised distributor of Taas I'll buy from them and keep the discount, or call Taas and ask for the discount.

Remember Taas sells KYB in two different forms, Gas shocks and Hydraulic shocks. When asked TAAS always mentions the price of a Gas shock and will try to sell you the same. But you should buy what was originally in your car. Gas shocks are a bit more expensive so make sure you are comparing Apples with Apples.

There is also a made in Malaysia variety which is cheaper (TAAS sells them as well)but I would buy the original Japanese.

Edited by The Don

Thanks for the replies friends. Really Ya according to the namarathne motors said it is original Japanese gas shock. ( my one is toyota vios and it is Thailand based made). taas was also priced for the Japanese gas shocks. namarathna website showing the taas web link also. I think that having a visit for both places will make me some sense.

Sorry for the late reply. I've visited the both places last Saturday, both places have the same shock and the price is also the same. (12800 per each). but namarathna one gives the 20% discount while agent not allows the discount. that is the reason for price difference. I asked the prices from GS also and they also said that they are giving 20% discount.

Sorry for the late reply. I've visited the both places last Saturday, both places have the same shock and the price is also the same. (12800 per each). but namarathna one gives the 20% discount while agent not allows the discount. that is the reason for price difference. I asked the prices from GS also and they also said that they are giving 20% discount.

When I bought my shocks from the agent they did give a discount for cash. Did you ask for the cash discount?

Usually agents do not offer the full dealer discount to customers at their outlet unless for a special reason.

Therefore dealers are free to sell at whatever price below the list price within their margin.

I get 40% at Do***s.

• 2 weeks later...

planning to change 4 shocks in my carina.

TAAS offers 4 KYB gas for 43k.

Namarathna motors for 38k.

both are exact same product as they say and made in japan.but TAAS is the agent for kyb while Namarathna is an authorized dealer.so feel that there is a minimum chance to go wrong buying from TAAS.and also feels that its 5k more for exact same product.

Namarathna motors have TOKICO 4 japanese shoks for 30k.

they say which has same quality as KYB while both can be seen as JDM OEM parts.

Car originaly came with KYB Gas type shocks.

can anyone shed some light here.

which brand from where?

Edited by chan5

planning to change 4 shocks in my carina.

TAAS offers 4 KYB gas for 43k.

Namarathna motors for 38k.

both are exact same product as they say and made in japan.but TAAS is the agent for kyb while Namarathna is an authorized dealer.so feel that there is a minimum chance to go wrong buying from TAAS.and also feels that its 5k more for exact same product.

Namarathna motors have TOKICO 4 japanese shoks for 30k.

they say which has same quality as KYB while both can be seen as JDM OEM parts.

Car originaly came with KYB Gas type shocks.

can anyone shed some light here.

which brand from where?

I'd go for KYB from Namarathna motors as they give a discount on the same product sold by Taas (they are agents for Tass)

I'd go for KYB from Namarathna motors as they give a discount on the same product sold by Taas (they are agents for Tass)

What i heard is, that there is no agent anymore for TOKICO, D***** has decommissioned the importing of the same. So giving the shocks at that price is little dodgy.